Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Black & Blue outtakes question
Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: November 2, 2020 02:47

Are there any good quality low generation Black & Blues outtakes out there ? This era was rich in unreleased studio material, however finding good quality outtakes seems to be a quest. Any suggestions from the collectors here ?

Re: Black & Blue outtakes question
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: November 2, 2020 11:29

i will soon share an upgrade on my 3 CD version of Black And Blue sessions - "Smack And Blow". It`s the best sound you will find those outtakes, although those are not from "low generation", some are pretty good, some no so much. But it is what`s been around so far.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: November 2, 2020 12:22

DAC-088 Munichland Melodies is the best what is around.

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: November 2, 2020 12:58

The recently uploaded rskinno's "Box 10 --Black And Blue Sessions" CD1 contained a low-generation sound source that I had never heard before. I haven't listened to it in detail yet.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 2, 2020 14:37

wiredallnight

There was also a bunch of 74-75 tracks on several DAC titles around the #114 mark.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: November 3, 2020 02:19

CaptainAcid
i will soon share an upgrade on my 3 CD version of Black And Blue sessions - "Smack And Blow". It`s the best sound you will find those outtakes, although those are not from "low generation", some are pretty good, some no so much. But it is what`s been around so far.

Yesssssss smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 4, 2020 08:45

There is only source really apart from the horrible "Rotterdam Mobile Truck Mailbox"recordings, it's the cassette that French journalist Daniel Merveille "got" from Keith during an interview for Best magazine. It will never be upgraded ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 4, 2020 09:53

Do you have it? cool smiley

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 4, 2020 12:33

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: November 4, 2020 14:11

the Black & Blue Session Tape 74 - 75 cd. the sound is great .... thank youspinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up

Date: November 4, 2020 15:06

dcba
wiredallnight

There was also a bunch of 74-75 tracks on several DAC titles around the #114 mark.

Oh Yeah, i forgot about DAC 114, thanks very much,my friend. All of those are better sources than on other bootlegs. I have already worked on those and incorporated in new version of SMACK & BLOW

Date: November 4, 2020 15:29

thanks for the share gimme_shelter, especially "Black & Blue Session Tape 74 - 75".
This might be the source for all those other bootlegs, speed needs to be corrected and other issues too, but i am gonna reconsider it for inclusion in my project Smack And Blow.

......Just checked it closely, this is not the raw tape, someone has worked on it, probably using some compressor (might be analog), that`s why tape hiss is also boosted, along with volume

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-04 15:38 by CaptainAcid.

Date: November 4, 2020 15:44

CaptainAcid
thanks for the share gimme_shelter, especially "Black & Blue Session Tape 74 - 75".
This might be the source for all those other bootlegs, speed needs to be corrected and other issues too, but i am gonna reconsider it for inclusion in my project Smack And Blow.

......Just checked it closely, this is not the raw tape, someone has worked on it, probably using some compressor (might be analog), that`s why tape hiss is also boosted, along with volume

This could be so, i just shared what i received. Hope you can work with this.

Date: November 5, 2020 13:10

CaptainAcid

Indeed, this tape is unfortunately extremely compressed and clipped...

Date: November 5, 2020 18:35

I have tried to repair this overcompressed and clipped tape a bit. Theoretically it is not possible to fix a compressed recording again but I've tried a bit nevertheless. Decide yourself if it is better:
[we.tl]
I have also "optimized" the horrible hiss at the beginning & end of the tracks.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-05 23:10 by wiredallnight.

Date: November 5, 2020 19:07

wiredallnight
I have tried to repair this overcompressed and clipped tape a bit. Theoretically it is not possible to fix a compressed recording again but I've tried a bit nevertheless. Decide yourself if it is better:

Yes, it`s hard, but you can make it a bit better if you lower the RMS

....where is the link?

Date: November 5, 2020 21:31

gimme_shelter
[we.tl]

It's here Colonel Acid! winking smiley

Date: November 5, 2020 23:43

It's this one:

[we.tl]

Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: November 6, 2020 02:56

wow this material is great, the we transfers from today along with the Mayflower 127/128 release to me are the best quality. A Captain Acid release with the best of these tracks EQ'ed, speed adjusted and corrected would sound great. Too bad the Stones can't release some of these outtakes from their master studio tapes

Date: November 6, 2020 05:25

Some interesting reading and listening about "restoring dynamics"...

How to Bring Dynamics Back to a Mix
by Oscar Zambrano, iZotope Contributor June 9, 2020
[www.izotope.com]

The Mastering Show #68 – Don’t do this ! (Restoring Dynamics)
[soundcloud.com]

Date: November 6, 2020 05:31

wiredallnight
[we.tl]
I have also "optimized" the horrible hiss at the beginning & end of the tracks.

Thank you very kindly for your work! thumbs up

Date: November 6, 2020 17:38

Sounds good thanks !
DAC088 has a couple of extra goodies like a longer "I Love Ladies" (4'42 vs 3'31) and an alternate "Hot Stuff".
I remember finding out about that longer "I Love Ladies" in a thread here and being struck at the time by a nice guitar solo...but I can't really hear it now after going back to it.

PS - I don't have that tape allegedly "borrowed" from Keith by Daniel Vermeille unfortunately ! I seem to remember I read about that tape in an old Rock&Folk article in a used CD shop, but don't quote me on that. Vermeille had a real "R&R life" by the way [www.lesinrocks.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-06 17:44 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 6, 2020 17:58

GTB thanks for the stunning link! eye popping smiley

From 73 on, DV published a fanzine named "Sympathy For The Devil" which I now think he funded on his own (= his parents'?) money. Same money that allowed him to organize a trip to NY to see all 6 75 gigs.

But blimey what a life! confused smiley

Date: November 6, 2020 18:26

Wow, I never knew that, did you read that in an article somewhere ?

--------------

Date: November 6, 2020 20:18

I own 6 of these zines.
There was a very interesting "1975 special" issue where DV worte a loooong article which chronicled all 6 NY shows (with perfect accuracy).
In that article he solved a "mystery" about the setlists, like why Keith didn't sing "Happy" at every gig in NY. Answer : he had a terrible (heroin-related?) toothache during the MSG residency which cancelled his solo spotlight for 2 nights (June 24 & 25).

I do still wonder how DV got the info about Keith (backstage access? Drug connection to the guitarist?).

Date: November 6, 2020 21:36

GTB, thanks for the info on I Love Ladies, i did not notice it`s a longer version on DAC 088, gonna use that one, i have worked on shorter one.

....this is very good thread.....i`m gonna wait for a while before i share my remaster, who knows what else might pop up smoking smiley

Date: November 6, 2020 22:42

5 tracks in good quality: [we.tl]
I LOve Ladies complete (6:14): [we.tl]

Date: November 7, 2020 10:06

wiredallnight

thanks wiredallnight, gonna check it out, can you tell me what is the source bootleg for those?

Date: November 7, 2020 10:15

CaptainAcid
wiredallnight

thanks wiredallnight, gonna check it out, can you tell me what is the source bootleg for those?

Shep Dip Blues DAC-104
The Paris Rehearsals DAC-114

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-07 10:16 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: November 7, 2020 15:51

dcba
GTB thanks for the stunning link! eye popping smiley

From 73 on, DV published a fanzine named "Sympathy For The Devil" which I now think he funded on his own (= his parents'?) money. Same money that allowed him to organize a trip to NY to see all 6 75 gigs.

But blimey what a life! confused smiley

DV never published any fanzine.

Maybe you mix the great JMD "Satanic Majesties" (1973-1975) fanzine with "Sympathy For The Devils", a fanzine/site runned by french morons ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-07 15:51 by LiveAtHidepark.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home