Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: 1999-06-08. London, England, Shepherds Bush Empire (Live At The Bush) 'Undercover Tree'
Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: October 25, 2020 18:11

--- start quote ---

The Rolling Stones - Live At The Bush "Undercover Tree"

CDR from "Undercover Tree" -> WAV (EAC) -> FLAC (Flac frontend) -> You

Recording info:
Shepherds Bush Empire, London, England
June 8th 1999

Quality:
Excellent (!) Audience

Here's a CDR I got from Undercover Tree about 7 years ago
I've heard this recording on several other "pressed" bootlegs, but none of them has sounded as good as this version.
However, I've never heard the 2nd edition from VGP. But I doubt there's any version that sounds as good as this Undercover CDR.
Terrific concert, lotsa "rare" tracks.

**Do not spread this recording in MP3, and do not sell**

Fresh scans included
(the tracklisting at the backcover is missing the "intro" and "band intro", therefor one would think there is 9 songs on each disc by looking at it)

Tracklist:

DISC 1 :
01 Intro
02 Shattered
03 It's Only Rock 'n Roll
04 Respectable
05 All Down The Line
06 Some Girls
07 Melody
08 I Got The Blues
09 Brand New Car
10 Moon Is Up

DISC 2 :
01 Saint Of Me
02 Honky Tonk Women
03 Band Introductions
04 You Got The Silver
05 Before They Make Me Run
06 Route 66
07 You Got Me Rocking
08 Tumbling Dice
09 Brown Sugar
10 Jumpin' Jack Flash

Upped to Rocks Off - by Eriksnow - 2007

--- end quote ---

If, Cow Skins And Pig Shoes, Don't Bust The Crust, Secret Affair (v.1 & v.2) and others, are excellent audience recordings, this is a superb audience recording, highly recommended!!!
Not available in dbboots database

Thank you very much to Erik and everybody involved here!!!

Download Link valid for 1 week
[we.tl]

29th May - 20th June: Bridges To Babylon European Tour (Continuation).
Line-up: MJ (voc, gtr, harm)/KR (gtr, voc)/RW (gtr, p)/CW (dr)/Darryl Jones
(bass, bvoc)/Bobby Keys (tsax)/Chuck Leavell (keyb, bvoc)/Lisa
Fischer and Bernard Fowler (bvoc, perc)/Blondie Chaplin (bvoc,
perc, gtr)/The New West Horns [Tim Ries (sax)/Michael Davis
(tb)/Kent Smith (tp)](brass)/Leah Wood (bvoc; some KR-songs)/
Elizabeth Jagger (bvoc; occasionally)

990608A 8th June: London, England, Shepherds Bush Empire
(Shattered/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/Respectable/All Down The Line/Some Girls/
Melody/I Got The Blues/Brand New Car/Moon Is Up/Saint Of Me/Honky Tonk
Women/Band introduction/You Got The Silver/Before They Make Me Run/
Route 66/You Got Me Rocking/Tumbling Dice/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash)
Note: With special guest Sheryl Crow (voc) on Honky Tonk Women.
A private video of the whole show exists.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Enjoy,
Gonzalo

---

“I got nasty habits; I take tea at three.”

Re: POST: 1999-06-08. London, England, Shepherds Bush Empire (Live At The Bush) 'Undercover Tree'
Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: October 25, 2020 18:58

THANKS, Gonzalo!

Re: POST: 1999-06-08. London, England, Shepherds Bush Empire (Live At The Bush) 'Undercover Tree'
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 25, 2020 19:22

So this is different than the DL boot?
Interesting... I'll get it!

As for the perf itself... Ymmv but to me the gig starts okay not great then it slowly sinks into "meh" territory. I could name 10 gigs from 99 that are better than this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-25 19:40 by dcba.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: October 25, 2020 19:32

Many Thanks!!!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: October 25, 2020 20:03

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: October 25, 2020 20:24

And this one,not complete but exelent.
[wetransfer.com]

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: October 25, 2020 21:28

Thanks!!

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: October 25, 2020 21:45

Thanks. Appreciated.

Date: October 25, 2020 22:55

JMARCOU
And this one,not complete but exelent.
[wetransfer.com]

Yes, it's excellent too! Maybe over equalized and too loud, distortion notorious when you listened very loud. Too bad it's not complete! Also "Melody" is incomplete. There was a cut in ‘Melody’ (at 0:15). Since this is the same source as Crystal Cat release, "Melody" is obviously cut here too.
[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

THE SAD TORTURED STORY OF THE ROLLING STONES
[www.dbboots.com]

[www.hotwacks.com]

Thank you very much!!

EDIT: link to the bootleg and collectorsmusicreviews page.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-26 02:17 by gonzalo76.

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: October 26, 2020 09:26

Thank You

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: October 26, 2020 11:50

De puta madre!
Thanks gonzalo76 and JMARCOU
thumbs up

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: October 26, 2020 20:18

is very good, but not the better audience stones show

however, many thanxs! is funny to hear

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 26, 2020 21:29

THX

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: October 27, 2020 03:53

Spectacular!!
Very good! it is different from what is known, and better!
Thank you so much!

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: October 27, 2020 09:53

This is from the same source (and sounds exactly the same) as Dandelion's "Cow Skins And Pig Shoes"! Possibly Dandelion took it from there?

Date: October 27, 2020 21:39

wiredallnight
This is from the same source (and sounds exactly the same) as Dandelion's "Cow Skins And Pig Shoes"! Possibly Dandelion took it from there?

You're right, it's exactly the same source.

Erik said that he heard this recording on several other "pressed" bootlegs, but none of them has sounded as good as this version. "However, I've never heard the 2nd edition from VGP. But I doubt there's any version that sounds as good as this Undercover CDR."

I have no doubt this was a Dandelion's rip off from Erik's torrent or Undercover Tree CDR. Very common among bootleggers. XAVEL label these days with all their Matrix CDs.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: October 28, 2020 14:28

dcba

As for the perf itself... Ymmv but to me the gig starts okay not great then it slowly sinks into "meh" territory. I could name 10 gigs from 99 that are better than this one.

You had to be there dc'. I doubt any of the audience were thinking at the time that the band were sinking into "meh" territory whatever that is!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 28, 2020 22:04

Captain Teague
You had to be there.

Yeah that's the problem. I never trust the opnion of people who were there cos they're (logically) into the event. I rely on recordings (as long as they're good... and they run at the right speed).

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: October 29, 2020 08:42

gonzalo76

Erik said that he heard this recording on several other "pressed" bootlegs, but none of them has sounded as good as this version. "However, I've never heard the 2nd edition from VGP. But I doubt there's any version that sounds as good as this Undercover CDR."

I have no doubt this was a Dandelion's rip off from Erik's torrent or Undercover Tree CDR. Very common among bootleggers. XAVEL label these days with all their Matrix CDs.

The 2nd edition from VGP sounds practically the same as the 1st.
There are only these 2 sources of this show in wide circulation: One is the Dandelion CDs resp. Undercover tree, the other is the VGP CDs which is also on the Crystal Cat CDs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-29 08:43 by wiredallnight.

Date: October 29, 2020 21:37

wiredallnight
gonzalo76

The 2nd edition from VGP sounds practically the same as the 1st.
There are only these 2 sources of this show in wide circulation: One is the Dandelion CDs resp. Undercover tree, the other is the VGP CDs which is also on the Crystal Cat CDs.

I don't have the SHEPHERDS BUSH EMPIRE [SODD 082/083] bootleg to compare which source did they use.
[www.faqs.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-30 05:54 by gonzalo76.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home