Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stuck In The Cold - EMOTIONAL RESCUE Outtake?
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 6, 2020 09:10

Just read on Nico's The Complete Works of a song titled "Stuck In The Cold" which says it's an instrumental with three guitars that was recorded during the sessions for EMOTIONAL RESCUE. Apparently it was also destined to end up on the final album according to Bill Wyman's Rolling Stones Story book. Anyone know if this track is circulating??

Re: Stuck In The Cold - EMOTIONAL RESCUE Outtake?
Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 6, 2020 12:14

Maybe track 05-07 from the Art Collins Tape. Tracks 05-08 and 05-09 would be Jam 1 and Jam 2 then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-06 12:17 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 6, 2020 12:59

Very well spotted WAN... thumbs up

Everything matches : the description of the 2 jams "rocking" and "funky" fits 5-08-and 5-09. And the "instrumental with three guitars" fits 5-07.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-06 14:37 by dcba.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: September 6, 2020 22:39

Another from ER Sessions MF-121/122/123, CD3, Track #13 'It Won't Be Wrong'...that doesn't appear anywhere else.

Does It Won't Be Wrong go by another title?

RS - Emotional Rescue Sessions MF 121/122/123

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-07 05:31 by KevinM.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 6, 2020 23:23

"It won't be wrong" ? That sounds...WRONG ! There is a song that goes by the title "It Won't Be Long" that exists as two versions I think, one with Keith vocals possibly, yes here you go [www.youtube.com] and [www.youtube.com]

Back on topic, "Stuck In The Cold" is a new title to me !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 6, 2020 23:32

gotdablouse
"It won't be wrong" ? That sounds...WRONG ! There is a song that goes by the title "It Won't Be Long" that exists as two versions I think, one with Keith vocals possibly, yes here you go [www.youtube.com] and [www.youtube.com]

I figured it might be It Won't Be Long, but didn't wanna assume. However, until someone who's heard cd3, track #13 can confirm, it isn't definitive. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-07 04:43 by KevinM.

Date: September 7, 2020 02:20

Another one titled "You Left Me" is new to me as well. Found them in this article:

[en.apoplife.nl]

"In March 1980 a first configuration of the album was compiled, followed by a second in May. Besides the songs that ultimately made the album, more songs were considered, such as Stuck In The Cold, Claudine,We Had It All, You Left Me, I Think I’m Going Mad, Ain’t No Use (In Crying), and Neighbours."

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: September 7, 2020 09:01

Perhaps it means the song "Everything Is Turning To Gold"?

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 7, 2020 10:31

JordyLicks96
Another one titled "You Left Me" is new to me as well. Found them in this article:

[en.apoplife.nl]

"In March 1980 a first configuration of the album was compiled, followed by a second in May. Besides the songs that ultimately made the album, more songs were considered, such as Stuck In The Cold, Claudine,We Had It All, You Left Me, I Think I’m Going Mad, Ain’t No Use (In Crying), and Neighbours."

You Left Me is a misnamed Let's Go Steady Again.

Stuck In The Cold is the working title for Down In The Hole, Nico already corrected this on his site.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-07 18:18 by NeddieFlanders.

Date: September 7, 2020 17:41

NeddieFlanders
JordyLicks96

[en.apoplife.nl]

You Left Me is a misnamed Let's Go Steady Again.

Stuck In The Cold as the working title for Down In The Hole, Nico already corrected this on his site.

N

Thanks for the info Neddie!! smileys with beer

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: September 7, 2020 23:20

KevinM
gotdablouse

I figured it might be It Won't Be Long, but didn't wanna assume. However, until someone who's heard cd3, track #13 can confirm, it isn't definitive. Thanks for the feedback.

"13. It Won t Be Long (Wrong on cover)"

[www.hotwacks.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-07 23:22 by StoneZP.

Date: September 7, 2020 23:24

StoneZP
KevinM
gotdablouse

"13. It Won t Be Long (Wrong on cover)"

[www.hotwacks.com]

thumbs up thanks for the definitive confirmation StoneZP

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 9, 2020 18:50

I have just noticed Herr Zentgraf has modified his 1979 page :

"Stuck In The Cold" has disappeared and now one can read "unknown (MJ/KR) -instrumental with three guitars".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home