Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

EBAY - For Sale -- Brussels Affair Box Set
Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: August 14, 2020 00:07

Hi - I own a Brussels Affair Box set in new condition. I'm thinking about putting it on EBAY for $700; but, before I do. I'd like to survey the group and gauge interest to see if anyone would be interested in buying it for $700. This is not the signed version; but, considering how rare this box set is, it seems like a fair price to me. What do you think? Price is SOMEWHAT negotiable, make an offer.

I got the box set with my "VIP" tickets for the 50th Anniversary Pay Per View Concert, "One More Shot" in Jersey. The box set came as a package with the tickets and the tickets were $900/each.

Note: if anyone lives near North Carolina, USA, I'd be happy to drive somewhere and meet you exchange.

In case you are not aware of what the box set is, here's an ad for it I found on Amazon: [www.amazon.com]

There is only ONE on EBAY right now for $800.
[www.ebay.com]

Re: EBAY - For Sale -- Brussels Affair Box Set
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 14, 2020 15:22

As Brussels Affair is about to be released on vinyl with the deluxe version of GHS I would think you may have missed the boat on ripping someone off. Overpriced rip off when new and well over priced used . Good Luck

sc uk

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 14, 2020 18:16

Yeah, who needs this now?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 15, 2020 06:45

Well, if you were selling it for more what it went for on release, which was still a pretty good chunk of change, I might be interested in buying it. I believe it was more like 350. If so, send me an email, I think its on my profile.

thanks
jb

Posted by: lenchik ()
Date: August 15, 2020 17:49

If anyone wants to part with the SIGNED version, I'd be happy to buy one.
P.S. Sorry for using this thread.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 15, 2020 18:25

There is a signed edition on ebay for around 1750 US$.

he turned down my offer of 750

jb

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 15, 2020 18:44

straycatuk
As Brussels Affair is about to be released on vinyl with the deluxe version of GHS
sc uk

also on a GHS special 4CD edition for Euro 120

Posted by: jbgoode ()
Date: August 17, 2020 10:44

My two cents:
The new deluxe Brussels Affair comes either on 2 LP‘s, or 1 CD.
On The (expensive) Box edition it came on 3 LP‘s, spread over 5 sides, and 2 CD‘s.
On the 3 LP edition which came together with the Marquee 2 LP‘s, the songs were spread over six sides.
This fact could have consequenses for the DR numbers. I can‘t find anything about the various editions DR numbers on the net, but i‘ve read somewhere that between the early download and the various CD editons there were pretty huge differences..
So: the huge box could be of interest....

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 18, 2020 22:47

What's rather ironic is that GHS was seen as a big nose dive after Exile. Personally, it's one of my two favorite Stones albums.

Date: August 19, 2020 03:32

Looks like your email is "hidden". I can't see it.

Date: August 19, 2020 03:34

jbwelda
Well, if you were selling it for more what it went for on release, which was still a pretty good chunk of change, I might be interested in buying it. I believe it was more like 350. If so, send me an email, I think its on my profile.

thanks
jb

Your email is hidden. I can't see it.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 19, 2020 15:06

jbgoode
My two cents:
On The (expensive) Box edition it came on 3 LP‘s, spread over 5 sides, and 2 CD‘s.
On the 3 LP edition which came together with the Marquee 2 LP‘s, the songs were spread over six sides.
This fact could have consequenses for the DR numbers. I can‘t find anything about the various editions DR numbers on the net, but i‘ve read somewhere that between the early download and the various CD editons there were pretty huge differences..
Original digital download was average DR10. (DR varied in 9 (a few last songs) - 11 (Angie) range)
Japanese WARD CD1 was average DR7 (all songs but Angie, this one was DR8)
Japanese WARD CD2 was average DR6 (with the last songs with DR5)
For CDs there was no obvious reason to 'fix' digital content to DR6-7. Timing of CD1 is 36:44, CD2 - 42:52. Actually, digital download perfectly fits a single CD (redbook CDDA format allows 80 min. w/o overburn). Thus, additional compression is a result of Stephen Marcussen mastering.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 19, 2020 17:29

ironbelly

Original digital download was average DR10. (DR varied in 9 (a few last songs) - 11 (Angie) range)
For CDs there was no obvious reason to 'fix' digital content to DR6-7. Timing of CD1 is 36:44, CD2 - 42:52. Actually, digital download perfectly fits a single CD (redbook CDDA format allows 80 min. w/o overburn). Thus, additional compression is a result of Stephen Marcussen mastering.
was the BS remixed version, released end of the 80´s on KBFH LP used in any of these ??

Date: August 19, 2020 18:10

ironbelly
jbgoode
My two cents:
Ouch!!
Do you know anything about the DR of the different vinyl editons?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 20, 2020 15:32

Dorn
Everything was analyzed long ago.
[www.rollingstonesnet.com]
For Brown Sugar: The announcer opening and song are the same as the original KBFH broadcast with remix.
This is applied for all formats - digital download, CDs and LPs.

jbgoode
Apparently, bootleg Red Tongue Records RTR-015 was made directly from digital download. I have no information about official editions, never heard of needledrop for those LPs. Mind, that the box discussed here was really expensive and WARD Marquee/Brussels version was ~$250 before S&H, proxy services and related import taxes. Hardly believe needledrop was ever shared. I think most of those are hold by collectors still sealed in air-conditioned safes and never played winking smiley.

Date: August 20, 2020 16:21

ironbelly
Dorn
Everything was analyzed long ago.
[www.rollingstonesnet.com]
For Brown Sugar: The announcer opening and song are the same as the original KBFH broadcast with remix.
This is applied for all formats - digital download, CDs and LPs.

jbgoode
Apparently, bootleg Red Tongue Records RTR-015 was made directly from digital download. I have no information about official editions, never heard of needledrop for those LPs. Mind, that the box discussed here was really expensive and WARD Marquee/Brussels version was ~$250 before S&H, proxy services and related import taxes. Hardly believe needledrop was ever shared. I think most of those are hold by collectors still sealed in air-conditioned safes and never played winking smiley.
Ok, thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home