Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dirty Work sessions?
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: August 3, 2020 11:20

Hey, Everyone!

Is there a multiple CD release that collects all the material from the Dirty Work sessions? Something like Under Cover Reworked...

It would be nice if someone could share this here via WT.

THANKS a million!

Re: Dirty Work sessions?
Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 3, 2020 12:39

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: August 4, 2020 19:14

frenki09
Hey, Everyone!

Is there a multiple CD release that collects all the material from the Dirty Work sessions? Something like Under Cover Reworked...

It would be nice if someone could share this here via WT.

THANKS a million!

[we.tl]

Date: August 5, 2020 08:03

Thanks for the replies, ab and dennycranium!

Are there a lot of outtakes there weren't included on the RTR set? The Real Alternate Album consists of only two CDs.

A comment from discogs.com about the RTR release:
"With literally tons of outtakes from these sessions you would think this set would be the last word on this 1986 LP...and you'd be wrong. MANY MANY common and available outtakes left off in favor of (as usual) official remixes and alternates of released trax--of course a beautiful box-colored wax, CDs ,numbered, etc...could easily have been a 6 LP set..but a missed opportunity again. sigh."

I came across a bootleg I wasn't familiar with. Is this any good? Does someone have it and willing to share?

Dirty Work Acoustic Sessions

I know that Dirty Work is a must-hate album in many people's eyes. This was my first ever Stones LP that I purchased back in 1986. The power of it blew me away. It sounded way too cool and fresh. And I would even choose this album cover over anything that came later. As good ol' Rod and Cat Stevens once said, "the first cut is the deepest." This was my "first cut" in many ways.
I don't need to be persuaded how bad or good it is, so please don't start slamming this album. The world would be so much more livable without hatred. expressing how much you hate this album would be pointless and meaningless. None of the songs on Dirty Work made into my Top 10 Stones songs of all time, but the album as a whole brings me back nice memories.

I don't hate any of the Stones albums. There are some that I don't particularly enjoy, but it's still Brenda and Keef and the rest of the folks... so I can always find bits and pieces to enjoy in an album I do not like much.

It would be so nice to have a project for the Dirty Work Sessions, StonyRoad!!! I am sure there are loads of outtakes that I have missed. By the way, Deep Love is indeed a favorite of mine as far as outtakes are concerned. What a riff!

Thanks, Everyone.

Love, peace 'n gumbo.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: August 5, 2020 08:52

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: August 5, 2020 08:53

frenki09

Are there a lot of outtakes there weren't included on the RTR set? The Real Alternate Album consists of only two CDs.

"With literally tons of outtakes from these sessions you would think this set would be the last word on this 1986 LP...and you'd be wrong. MANY MANY common and available outtakes left off in favor of (as usual) official remixes and alternates of released trax--of course a beautiful box-colored wax, CDs ,numbered, etc...could easily have been a 6 LP set..but a missed opportunity again. sigh."

I came across a bootleg I wasn't familiar with. Is this any good? Does someone have it and willing to share?

I know that Dirty Work is a must-hate album in many people's eyes. This was my first ever Stones LP that I purchased back in 1986. The power of it blew me away. It sounded way too cool and fresh. And I would even choose this album cover over anything that came later. As good ol' Rod and Cat Stevens once said, "the first cut is the deepest." This was my "first cut" in many ways.
I don't need to be persuaded how bad or good it is, so please don't start slamming this album. The world would be so much more livable without hatred. expressing how much you hate this album would be pointless and meaningless. None of the songs on Dirty Work made into my Top 10 Stones songs of all time, but the album as a whole brings me back nice memories.

I don't hate any of the Stones albums. There are some that I don't particularly enjoy, but it's still Brenda and Keef and the rest of the folks... so I can always find bits and pieces to enjoy in an album I do not like much.

It would be so nice to have a project for the Dirty Work Sessions, StonyRoad!!! I am sure there are loads of outtakes that I have missed. By the way, Deep Love is indeed a favorite of mine as far as outtakes are concerned. What a riff!

Thanks, Everyone.

Love, peace 'n gumbo.

it's in the vault:

1985-1987 WG 020 Glimmer Twins Private Tapes, Dirty Work Acoustic Sessions.rar

track #4 RS - Don't Be Cruel

The audio is muffled, vocals are distant, they sound like they're screwing around.

#7 Your Love...Is this a cover of Carl Perkins? (Your True Love)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 08:55 by KevinM.

Date: August 8, 2020 19:46

Thanks a lot, KevinM! I appreciate your help!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 11, 2020 22:23

This is what I see in my excel
(not updated since 2016-12-12, trying to update in the next few months)

1985.00.00 FijiKeys no art 30 Years Dirty Work Sessions rivised recorded by fans from outside of the studio
1985.00.00 RSKinno no art 30 Years Dirty Work Sessions‘ FijiKeys' post revised by RSKinno
1985.00.00 Work (1985, studio, 2CD)
1985.00.00 Mighty Diamonds MD 2006 Crushed Pearls Dirty Work Session Outtakes (1985, Paris, New York) 18 tracks
1985.00.00 King Kong Products KKP CD 01 Dirtiest Work
1985.00.00 Erich Beer Records Erich Beer Records 3:0 Dirty Deeds (Erich Beer Records 3 0)
1985.00.00 Klub Musik KMCD 0084 Dirty Work Demos
1985.00.00 Vinyl Gang Products VGP 285 High Temperature VGP285 (Dirty Work Rehearsals, Paris 8 april 17 juni 1985+ Live Aid Rehearsals Bob Dylan/KR/RW, 12 juli 85 New York, 2CD)
1985.00.00 Melody Records ML 002 Straight From The Heart (Dirty Work Outtakes)
1985.00.00 Shaved Disc TSD 017 Stricktry Works (Dirty Works Outtakes) TSD017
1985.00.00 Red Tongue Records RTR 010 The Real Alternate Album - Dirty Work
1985.00.00 Sister Morphine Morph58 Unabrupt Dirty Work Compilation of Dirty Work outtakes Sister Morphine Morph 58
1985.01. Weeping Goat WG 020 Glimmer Twins Private Tapes Weeping Goat {SB} Dirty Work Acoustic Sessions (outtakes)
1985.02.27~may Rolling Stones / rskinno Dirty Work Sessions The Last Days
1985.04.08 Outsider Bird Records OBR 458 CD 025 Mean Lean Hits OBR 458 CD 025 <CDR 1> {SB} Dirty Work outtakes
1985.07.16~1985.08.17 Vinyl Gang Products VGP 264 Dirty Work Out, Outtakes 1985, VGP 264
1985.11.xx Rogue Rogue RG 06 07 Dirty work sessions nov 1985
1985jul nov Dirtiest Work (KKP01)
1986.00.00 Countdown interview about Dirty Work
1986.00.00 Original CD CDr & Flac Dirty Work
1986.00.00 Dirty Work (1986) 2011 24 96
1986.00.00 Remasters 2009 Box Set Dirty Work (1986) Remasters 2009 Box Set
1986.00.00 Interviews and Promo Clips Dirty Work Promotional Reel from Video.mpg
1986.00.00 Music Box Special Dirty Work

I've lost track what I've uploaded to Stonesvault. Of course I do have a Stonesvault excel.

This is what I find uploaded in Stonesvault,

1979-1985 DAC 159 Can't Find Love - Unreleased Emotional Rescue, Undercover and Dirty Work Sessions.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985 [Red Tongue Records RTR-010] The Real Alternate Dirty Work (4LP-rip on 2CD).part1.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985 [Red Tongue Records RTR-010] The Real Alternate Dirty Work (4LP-rip on 2CD).part2.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985. 30 Years Dirty Work Sessions - recorded by fans from outside of the studio.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985. 30 Years Dirty Work Sessions‘ FijiKeys\' post revised by RSKinno.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985.04.08+1985.06.17 VGP-285 High Temperature, Dirty Work Rehearsals, Paris+Live Aid Rehearsals BobDylan. SBD.part1.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985.04.08+1985.06.17 VGP-285 High Temperature, Dirty Work Rehearsals, Paris+Live Aid Rehearsals BobDylan. SBD.part2.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985.07.16~1985.08.17 VGP-264 Dirty Workout (Studio,_SBD).rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985.11 RG 06 07 Dirty Work Sessions.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985.xx.xx TSD 016 Hamngbird Disaster - Acoustic Session 1985 for the Dirty Work album.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1985-1987 WG 020 Glimmer Twins Private Tapes, Dirty Work Acoustic Sessions.rar [www.filefactory.com]
RMP 39 - (cool smiley Dirty Work - Alternate Takes and Demos [1985].rar [www.filefactory.com]
1986 - Dirty Work PT-SHM UICY-40067 2014.rar [www.filefactory.com]
RMP 38 - Dirty Work [1986].rar [www.filefactory.com]
RS Studio Vinyl Collection 1971-2016 - Dirty Work (1986).rar [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 17, 2020 15:35

KevinM
frenki09

Thanks, Everyone.

Love, peace 'n gumbo.

it's in the vault:

1985-1987 WG 020 Glimmer Twins Private Tapes, Dirty Work Acoustic Sessions.rar

track #4 RS - Don't Be Cruel

The audio is muffled, vocals are distant, they sound like they're screwing around.

#7 Your Love...Is this a cover of Carl Perkins? (Your True Love)

I enjoyed Dirty Work Acoustic Sessions WG-20. I was right there when Keith created ONE HIT and Mick and everyone adding to it. I never heard SO HIGH before. Very cool! Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home