Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Scarlet - Alternate Version
Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: August 8, 2020 12:54

BlueTurns2Grey
The (great) single version and the lp version are available now as download tracks. Thanks to the RS therefor! I'm still can't wait for GHS Deluxe. There is also a Radio Mix, which is an edit of the single version. It can be heard on "The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show" from BBC2 Radio and on the new official video featuring Paul Mescal. Both tracks have voice overdubs at the beginnig and at the end. So i did a few tries to clean the song from voice overdubs. I'm very satisfied with my last try, which is only good for 2 days.
Here my rebuilded 'Radio Mix' without any voices from Zoe's interviews or Paul's videoacting and with best possible soundquality:
[filefactory.com]

Many Thanks BlueTurns2Grey, for the rebuilded 'Radio Mix' !!!!

BTW which is "the lp version" you mean ?

Best regards

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: August 8, 2020 13:03

keithpinkmoon
BlueTurns2Grey
The (great) single version and the lp version are available now as download tracks. Thanks to the RS therefor! I'm still can't wait for GHS Deluxe. There is also a Radio Mix, which is an edit of the single version. It can be heard on "The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show" from BBC2 Radio and on the new official video featuring Paul Mescal. Both tracks have voice overdubs at the beginnig and at the end. So i did a few tries to clean the song from voice overdubs. I'm very satisfied with my last try, which is only good for 2 days.
Here my rebuilded 'Radio Mix' without any voices from Zoe's interviews or Paul's videoacting and with best possible soundquality:
[filefactory.com]

Best regards

Hi KeithPinkMoon,

IMO the lyric video is the same as the pre GHS Deluxe version (lp version):
[www.amazon.de]
[www.youtube.com]
just audio: [www.youtube.com]
with less vocals at the end

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-08 13:07 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Date: August 8, 2020 13:15

BlueTurns2Grey
keithpinkmoon
BlueTurns2Grey
[filefactory.com]

Best regards

Hi KeithPinkMoon,

[www.amazon.de]
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for your info BlueTurns2Grey!
Then, Is there any difference between "the lyric video version" and "the single mix" ? (....because I have not listened to The Single version yet )

Date: August 8, 2020 13:29

keithpinkmoon
BlueTurns2Grey
keithpinkmoon
BlueTurns2Grey
[filefactory.com]

Best regards

Hi KeithPinkMoon,

[www.amazon.de]
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for your info BlueTurns2Grey!
Then, Is there any difference between "the lyric video version" and "the single mix" ? (....because I have not listened to The Single version yet )

Oh I see !!! This is the single mix with the additional vocal!
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 8, 2020 14:17

NeddieFlanders
Strange enough MJ's ad lib vocals at the end of the radio edit/promovideo has some variances compared to the Single Mix. So the radio edit is not just a shortened Single Mix!

N

So is the rebuilt 'Radio Mix' from BlueTurns2Grey really correct?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-09 14:35 by wiredallnight.

Date: August 8, 2020 14:36

wiredallnight
Here is a collection of all the recent new tracks and versions if someone wants them all (Living In A Ghost Town, Scarlet, Criss Cross): [we.tl]

They are in mp3 or m4a, that is the original format in which I downloaded them. I did not want to convert these lossy formats to flac.

Thanks!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: August 8, 2020 17:36

Strange enough MJ's ad lib vocals at the end of the radio edit/promovideo has some variances compared to the Single Mix. So the radio edit is not just a shortened Single Mix!

N

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 9, 2020 09:26

wiredallnight
Here is a collection of all the recent new tracks and versions if someone wants them all (Living In A Ghost Town, Scarlet, Criss Cross): [we.tl]

They are in mp3 or m4a, that is the original format in which I downloaded them. I did not want to convert these lossy formats to flac.

Thanks!

Date: August 9, 2020 13:29

NeddieFlanders

N

It seems, that we will have 2 versions (maybe 3) on GHS Deluxe. Scarlet and Scarlet (The War On Drugs..) are named on the iTunes preview. Amazon named Scarlet and 2 more tracks feat. Jimmy Page.

Date: August 9, 2020 13:49

BlueTurns2Grey
NeddieFlanders

N

It seems, that we will have 2 versions (maybe 3) on GHS Deluxe. Scarlet and Scarlet (The War On Drugs..) are named on the iTunes preview. Amazon named Scarlet and 2 more tracks feat. Jimmy Page.

Oh, there is the The War On Drugs Remix again (on I-tunes)! Available with the album purchase. I'm sure this will only apply to digital releases, as there's only one version of Scarlet on the CD/vinyl-releases (the album version which is 3.45 and has none of MJ's ad lib vocals in the outro).

N

Date: August 9, 2020 14:13

NeddieFlanders
BlueTurns2Grey
NeddieFlanders

N

Oh, there is the The War On Drugs Remix again (on I-tunes)! Available with the album purchase. I'm sure this will only apply to digital releases, as there's only one version of Scarlet on the CD/vinyl-releases (the album version which is 3.45 and has none of MJ's ad lib vocals in the outro).

N

I hope we can buy the single download tracks, because i ordered the 6 cd version. I don't wanna buy the the full album download plus pay for the cd release, because of 2 tracks. BTW, the price for the 6cd package climbed from Euro 29.99 to 99.99 on Amazon. If i get the first price from the preoder? We will see...

Date: August 9, 2020 14:35

NeddieFlanders

N

Date: August 9, 2020 17:30

wiredallnight
NeddieFlanders

N

No, as it uses the ad libs/end part of the Single Mix.

N

Date: August 9, 2020 17:39

Think the rebuilded version was very close, but slightly diffrent. So I deleted it. I won't post a new one, that used mainly the radio show part, 'cause I'm sure, that we will find it on the 'GHS Deluxe' edition on September, 4th. Sorry for posting my try.

Date: August 9, 2020 17:57

BlueTurns2Grey
Think the rebuilded version was very close, but slightly diffrent. So I deleted it. I won't post a new one, that used mainly the radio show part, 'cause I'm sure, that we will find it on the 'GHS Deluxe' edition on September, 4th. Sorry for posting my try.

The cleanest version is the one from RTÈ radio, but it lacks the last couple of seconds. Unfortunately it won't be possible to rebuild it with the end of the video soundtrack, as the actor is audible coughing and sighing over this part. (There's three more "I love her too much" in the ad lib part of the Radio Edit than in the Single Mix at the end of the song, so it can't be rebuilt from this source either).

N

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 9, 2020 19:10

Not very "clean" but the version I prefer is the one posted by "Hillside Blue" here [iorr.org] with a great stereo separation. It's from the Zoe Ball broadcast apparently but sounds like no other version that's been made available !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: August 16, 2020 09:57

Here is the Radio Mix which has a different end to the Single Mix: [we.tl]

Not 100% perfect, made from the video by removing the noises at the end as good as possible. If someone has a good clean version of the Radio Mix, please post!

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: August 16, 2020 13:03

[uk.therollingstonesshop.com]

Which version will be heard on the 7 "?

Date: August 16, 2020 13:10

wiredallnight

Not 100% perfect, made from the video by removing the noises at the end as good as possible. If someone has a good clean version of the Radio Mix, please post!

A good try !

Funny enough, i had the same idea this morning and did another try with a mix from the paul mescal video and the zoe ball breakfast show. Instead of ripping the video, i recorded both sources with another analog/digital system. It's finished, but i wanna hear it on other speakers, before i'll start a post. Think i'll try to do that in the evening, if i'm satisfied with the sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-16 13:11 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 16, 2020 15:50

wiredallnight

THANKS!

Date: August 16, 2020 22:07

Scarlet - Radio Mix

First of all, I didn't want to post another Radio Mix version, because i was sure, that we will get it as an official download titled "The War On Drugs Remix". I was wrong (again), because we got a new mix with that.

I tried to reedit then from the Paul Mescal Video, The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show and the RTE Radio Version. The "Zoe" Version was fine, but at least I was very satisfied with the "Paul Mescal Video" version. To fill the first second with sound, when Paul hit a computer button in the video, was very easy and I also got rid of Paul's cough at the end of the song, which was a lot more work.

Think I won't touch it again, until the complete Radio Mix is available.

Looking foreward to that, enjoy my version 3 of the Radio Mix, a 99 % edit from the Paul Mescal video.

[www.filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-16 22:12 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Date: August 17, 2020 12:06

Thanks Blue. Definitively better than my try.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: August 17, 2020 20:47

Thanks for V3, BT2G!

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: August 17, 2020 21:43

Here is Scarlet III from the Paul Mescal video, I believe. It's audio only but it runs 3 minutes 20 seconds.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-17 22:56 by frtylicks.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 18, 2020 08:54

Thanks for the Radio Mix versions!

Date: August 18, 2020 10:10

frtylicks
Here is Scarlet III from the Paul Mescal video, I believe. It's audio only but it runs 3 minutes 20 seconds.

[www.youtube.com]

Yes, also the Radio Mix, but faded out a little earlier.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 18, 2020 12:41

wiredallnight
frtylicks

[www.youtube.com]

Yes, also the Radio Mix, but faded out a little earlier.

Cool version, my current favorite. Track 12 on ITunes runs 3:12, will it really be this version?

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: August 19, 2020 15:23

So how many Scarlets are there now? Anybody have a list and links? I've lost count lol

Date: August 19, 2020 17:19

quietbeatle
So how many Scarlets are there now? Anybody have a list and links? I've lost count lol

20200722 Scarlet - Goats Head Soup Deluxe Version (Album Version), (pre GHSD download single, YT Lyric Video) 3:44
[www.youtube.com]

20200722 Scarlet - Radio Mix, presented by BBC-UK Radio 'The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show' and RTE Radio France and in the "Paul Mescal" Video Clip 3:28
[www.youtube.com]

20200803 Scarlet - Single Mix, (download single) 3:45
[www.youtube.com]

20200814 Scarlet - 'The War On Drugs Remix #1' (download single) 3:48
[www.youtube.com]

20200814 Scarlet - 'The War On Drugs Remix #2' (YT video, longer with keyboard outro) 3:57
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-19 18:53 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: August 19, 2020 19:23

Ahhhh thanks mate! I thought there were like 6 versions at this point.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home