Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: From The Vault L.A. Forum (Live In 1975) New Mix Version UICY 79176
Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 5, 2020 23:40

Tornandfrayed
Much better instrument separation, "punchier" guitars and more natural sounding drums, mixed upfront where they belong.

absolutely agree with you

I HATE what Bob Clearmountain has done to Charlie's drum sound on almost all of his Stones archive mixes. He makes the Stones sound like Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi.

you found the right words here, very good comparism

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 6, 2020 00:13

FYI this is LA Sunday 13 July 1975. Kids, don't let Bob Clearmountain anywhere near you! He is the kiss of death for record sales.

As clean and shiny as this is, I prefer the audience recording of this show. I've only listened to HTW (due entirely to over listening to their shows I can only make it to HTW in 75 and Rocks Off in 72).

Thank you for uploading this!!!

Here's the audience recording of Fanfare/HTW. I converted it to MP3 so that everybody can hear it. I understand FLAC isn't a worldwide hobby yet.

https://we.tl/t-DTzH3U1iAL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 03:00 by HEILOOBAAS.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 6, 2020 03:32

tHANKS, elmod ;0)

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: August 6, 2020 07:03

Thanks Elmod!

Posted by: biggzee ()
Date: August 6, 2020 10:12

Thanks elmod thumbs up

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: August 6, 2020 12:04

Mastering for this one is just insane.....one of the worst brickwalled masters i`ve ever seen. I just had to make it bit more quiet, so i can listen to it.
Anyhow, here is my remaster, if you wanna check it out.....

[we.tl]

Posted by: davidestrada ()
Date: August 6, 2020 12:54

Thanks Elmod & C.A.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 6, 2020 15:08

CaptainAcid
Mastering for this one is just insane.....one of the worst brickwalled masters i`ve ever seen. I just had to make it bit more quiet, so i can listen to it.

[we.tl]

Thanks Captain!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 6, 2020 15:52

Thanks Elmod
Well... It is definitely more compressed and overloaded by bass. Surely, you can not say anything about instrument separation in this case, maybe guitars are placed at the edges of stereo panorama but this is it. In general, the mastering sounds more ear-bleeding to me comparing to the old one.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: August 6, 2020 16:26

well,

1) "In my humble opinion, this recording sounds much better ..."
2) "It's just as or even more brickwalled..."
3) "It doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't sound better... I just took a look at the waveform"
4) "I havent listened to the whole things yet, it may sound better on some songs,
maybe worse on others"
5) "Guy remixing LA Forum: Let's turn this one up to 11"
6) "Sounds MUCH better than old release."
7) "This is how this show should sound IMO and will be my go-to version."
8) "Much better instrument separation, "punchier" guitars and more natural sounding drums, mixed upfront where they belong."
9) "Kids, don't let Bob Clearmountain anywhere near you! He is the kiss of death for record sales"
10) "Mastering for this one is just insane.....one of the worst brickwalled masters i`ve ever seen."
11) "In general, the mastering sounds more ear-bleeding to me comparing to the old one"

all right. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 16:27 by elmod.

Date: August 6, 2020 17:14

CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

sounds good. besides reducing the volume what else did you do ?

Date: August 6, 2020 19:26

Dorn
CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

First i declipped the audio files in Adobe audition 3 (which lowered the volume) than i did new EQ (lowering some bass freq, but adding another bass freq that were missing.
And adding just a tiny bit of Mid and High freq. (never more than half db, mostly less than that)

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: August 6, 2020 19:43

CaptainAcid
Dorn
CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

First i declipped the audio files in Adobe audition 3 (which lowered the volume) than i did new EQ (lowering some bass freq, but adding another bass freq that were missing.
And adding just a tiny bit of Mid and High freq. (never more than half db, mostly less than that)

Please, please, try New Orleans Superdome 1978.

Date: August 6, 2020 20:08

Please, please, try New Orleans Superdome 1978.[/quote]

yes, i have noticed your request tongue sticking out smiley

.....i will check it out, but i have a long list of bootlegs to do before that one, so it will take some time.

Why is it so important to you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 20:10 by CaptainAcid.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 6, 2020 20:25

elmod
well,

1) "In my humble opinion, this recording sounds much better ..."
2) "It's just as or even more brickwalled..."
3) "It doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't sound better... I just took a look at the waveform"
4) "I havent listened to the whole things yet, it may sound better on some songs,
maybe worse on others"
5) "Guy remixing LA Forum: Let's turn this one up to 11"
6) "Sounds MUCH better than old release."
7) "This is how this show should sound IMO and will be my go-to version."
8) "Much better instrument separation, "punchier" guitars and more natural sounding drums, mixed upfront where they belong."
9) "Kids, don't let Bob Clearmountain anywhere near you! He is the kiss of death for record sales"
10) "Mastering for this one is just insane.....one of the worst brickwalled masters i`ve ever seen."
11) "In general, the mastering sounds more ear-bleeding to me comparing to the old one"

all right. LOL
Well... A lot depends on ears and equipment. I have two test CDs.
1 - old CBS CD Made In The Shade
2 - Virgin 1994 CD Some Girls
I know the positions for the knobs at stereo winking smiley
Listening to this one is just painful experience with both pre-sets. Bass heading for overload and guitars in dry mid-range.
Maybe for some systems this kind of mastering/EQ choises is OK. But not for mine.

Date: August 7, 2020 00:05

CaptainAcid
Dorn
CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

sounds interesting. so you are a something like a sound engineer ? if not how could you tell that some bass freq to be lowered and another bass freq missing and to be added ? amazing to me

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: August 7, 2020 00:57

Thank you Captain!

Date: August 7, 2020 04:47

CaptainAcid
Please, please, try New Orleans Superdome 1978.

.....i will check it out, but i have a long list of bootlegs to do before that one, so it will take some time.

Why is it so important to you?[/quote]

It's a great show, and only you can fix that recording.

Another you might consider is the way-too-distant recording Atlanta Fox Theater 1978.

These two recordings have been in listener limbo for decades - a real S & M experience for the ears, but still people listen...

Date: August 7, 2020 04:47

Why is it so important to you?[/quote]

Another you might consider is the way-too-distant recording Atlanta Fox Theater 1978.

These two recordings have been in listener limbo for decades - a real S & M experience for the ears, but still people listen...

Date: August 7, 2020 04:48

Why is it so important to you?

New Orleans and Atlanta have been in listener limbo for decades - a couple of real S & M experiences for the ears, but still people listen...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-07 04:51 by andrews27.

Date: August 7, 2020 10:05

Dorn
CaptainAcid
Dorn
CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

sounds interesting. so you are a something like a sound engineer ? if not how could you tell that some bass freq to be lowered and another bass freq missing and to be added ? amazing to me

I am professional musician and record producer too, i work in music studios for 40 years

Date: August 8, 2020 00:20

is it only me or are following tracks missing
CD1 4,9 CD2 4,5 ?
no FLAC files downloaded

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: August 8, 2020 15:27

Would a kind person be able to rip me a copy of this by any chance? I'd love to hear the new mix thumbs up

Date: August 9, 2020 00:33

CaptainAcid
Dorn
CaptainAcid
Dorn
CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

I am professional musician and record producer too, i work in music studios for 40 years

well, i kind of figuered something like that....
it´s good to have some professional on board, someone who knows what he is doing / what he is talking about. Your input, what i know so far, i very much appreciate.
will you also work on CD2 of this show ? in my music processing program the files you have uploaded are more or less identical with the original ones

Posted by: toomanycds ()
Date: August 9, 2020 04:01

Thank you Capt. A for all of your labors of love for the stones and Zimmy. I really enjoyed your recent Blackbushe '78.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 9, 2020 09:44

CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

Thanks Captain!! Do you think it's possible to un-damage what's been damaged at the mastering stage?

And another vote for NOLA'78! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-09 10:31 by dcba.

Date: August 9, 2020 09:50

dcba
CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

Thanks Captain!! Do you think it's possible to un-damage what's been damaged at the mastering stage?

Well. it`s hard, but i think i have made it a bit easier on the ears. Working on bootlegs made me kinda used to make the damaged files sound bit better

"will you also work on CD2 of this show ?"

Both discs are in my link

Posted by: ade ()
Date: August 9, 2020 10:10

CaptainAcid

[we.tl]

Thanks, posts like that fill my heart with joy. I can think of people who 'remaster' other acts like it's spinal tap - everything up to 11 - and it's physically painful to listen to and even look at if you import into audacity to see the files.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 9, 2020 10:34

When/if the bunch of high-level Dime members find Mike Millard's master tape for this July 13 show will you do a "UICY 79176+Millard" [[b]Falo[/b]/]CptAcid matrix?

(I'm not kidding this is a serious request).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-09 15:19 by dcba.

Date: August 9, 2020 12:01

dcba
When/if the bunch of high-level Dime members find Mike Millard's master tape for this July 13 show will you do a "UICY 79176+Millard" matrix?

(I'm not kidding this is a serious request).

You gotta ask Falo, he is the one who is doing matrix jobs spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home