Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 1, 2020 14:00

Here is what I definitely know. I have two CDRs labelled Berlin 73. One of them contains the final five song explosion that follows Midnight Rambler in the 1973 European Tour set.

The other one contains MR through JJF. I'm reasonably sure both discs are from the same source. And they are deffo not the source of VGP-160.

Can anybody identify the source for this, it's an amazing upgrade from the present release.

https://we.tl/t-N9GY9N8HVT

Re: POST: BERLIN 19 OCT 1973 UNKNOWN ALT SOURCE
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 11, 2020 10:03

Thank you Heiloobaas, don't have the VGP source by hand.

Is this another source? Anybody knows?

Your CDR's are full of digi-clicks unfortunately Heilobaas.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 12, 2020 00:25

Many years ago there was a tape traded around and presumed to be Berlin, but it was in fact some other concert, if memory serves, it was Antwerpen

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: July 12, 2020 17:48

Thanks

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 12, 2020 18:06

Erik_Snow
Many years ago there was a tape traded around and presumed to be Berlin, but it was in fact some other concert, if memory serves, it was Antwerpen

Or Innsbruck? I always found it suspicious the last gig of a tour would end on such a low-key note... But otoh VGP/DAC almost always had the attribution of their tapes right (remember Bern'73).

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 12, 2020 19:48

dcba
Erik_Snow

Or Innsbruck? I always found it suspicious the last gig of a tour would end on such a low-key note... But otoh VGP/DAC almost always had the attribution of their tapes right (remember Bern'73).

There is a tape around from Innsbruck???

Date: July 12, 2020 21:02

dcba
Erik_Snow

The Berlin show doesn't really kick off before Star Star, but after that, I think it rocks. But it's pretty much confirmed that the VGP title is Berlin, not Innsbrück....for what reason I can't remember, maybe 'cos Bobby Keys isn't there, details about why this or that is starting to fade away for an old man like me.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: July 13, 2020 06:34

barbabang
Thank you Heiloobaas, don't have the VGP source by hand.

Is this another source? Anybody knows?

Your CDR's are full of digi-clicks unfortunately Heilobaas.

Here you go...

"
Vinyl Gang Product

This title like many VGP titles is taken from an old vinyl bootleg release, that was a 7" disc consisting of a two part version of the 18 minute take of Sympathy for the Devil from Hyde Park on July 5, 1969. The black and white stage shot cover artwork of this CD is from the "Gimme Shelter" movie stills #3 (GS-3). The acetate source is a copy of the "GET YOUR YA-YAS OUT" CD using the same acetate recording with the running order changed to match the "Ya-Ya's" album. Very clean splicing was done to accomplish this. Spliced at track 5 at 9:28 and track 6 at 5:42. The sound has more treble boost than the "GET YOUR YA-YAS OUT" CD. Note that some of the inlay notes on the song sources are incorrect. Additional tracks are:

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Satisfaction

Honky Tonk Women

All taken from the well known "Gimme Shelter" movie soundtrack, but in the best wide stereo sound quality possible. The quality exceeds Swingin' Pig's "There's No Angel Born in Hell . . .". Possibly taken from a laser disc.

There is a lot of surface noise particularly in the early part of the recording, which is not unusual for vinyl lacquer acetates.

The disc opens with crowd noise that comes before Sympathy for the Devil on the released version of "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!":
"
RS: "F&ck Your Ya Ya's Out!" (VGP-160)

Date: July 13, 2020 07:36

Would somebody tell me what the heck this has to do with Berlin 73?

And yeah, I know about those damn digi clicks. No idea where they came from. I wish I could remember where I dowloaded this. Even more frustrating is that it's only a partial show. I was going through chemo at the time but something as minor as chemo would never interfere with my Rolling Stones karma!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-13 07:38 by HEILOOBAAS.

Date: July 13, 2020 08:45

Now that's the spirit!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 13, 2020 10:59

Rank Stranger

No but some people (like Dieter Hoffmann) thought, at the time of the release of VGP-140, that it might be not really Berlin but another gig from German-speaking territory. And he hypothetised it could be Innsbruck instead of Berlin.

Me I'm surprised this one sounds like just another gig. There's not the frenzy associated with the last gig of a tour, no "fireworks" (= entended jamming) at the end of SFM. No "thaaaaaaank you!!!" by Jagger before they leave the stage.

Maybe they were just eager to go home? Maybe Jagger and co. considered the tour had ended two days before in Brussels (where they had given their absolute best) and the Oct. 19 gig was just a quick "grab the cash" affair?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-13 11:00 by dcba.

Date: July 13, 2020 11:51

dcba
Rank Stranger

No but some people (like Dieter Hoffmann) thought, at the time of the release of VGP-140, that it might be not really Berlin but another gig from German-speaking territory. And he hypothetised it could be Innsbruck instead of Berlin.

Me I'm surprised this one sounds like just another gig. There's not the frenzy associated with the last gig of a tour, no "fireworks" (= entended jamming) at the end of SFM. No "thaaaaaaank you!!!" by Jagger before they leave the stage.

Maybe they were just eager to go home? Maybe Jagger and co. considered the tour had ended two days before in Brussels (where they had given their absolute best) and the Oct. 19 gig was just a quick "grab the cash" affair?

DCBA, I've read the comments that this doesn't match Berlin. That's odd, beause I thought I had verified it. That's the reason I posted it; I have no idea where it came from, it's incomplete. But it's very good audience quality. And I was hoping somebody could identify it.

This was during the days when I didn't go to the trouble of detailing the CDs I downloaded.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home