Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones vinyl and CD bootleg extras - and tapes+minidiscs
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 25, 2020 21:16

I have been working for months now on my large basement storage, of all sorts of Stones stuff I have brought home. I have a few hundred CDs and vinyl dated back in the 70's 80's and may be some 90's, all mint extras. I am not getting rid of them now, I just want comments if anyone is interested, if it is worth the effort of making a list.

Also, I have hundreds of unique private tapes, acetate recordings, minidisc recordings from shows and so on, from 20 or so years back, and I wish it would be possible to have those made available to the community, if somebody trusted could manage the task/project, if it is worth doing.

Also, I have 3-4 large boxes of 1982 and 94/95 mint merchandise, like T-shirts, and scarfs, and some other extras I hope I will be able to make a list of some day this summer.

I am scaling down on the extras of a very large storage after 50 years of collecting. Idid never have time to sort out all that stuff, due to constant touring, so I need some advice here. There was no tour this summer, that did actually give me the extra time I needed, sort of. Thanks.

Bjornulf

Re: Stones vinyl and CD bootleg extras - and tapes+minidiscs
Date: June 25, 2020 21:36

While working on my stock I found several boxes, like the one as labeled below, a box size 60 x 90 cm (2 x 3 feet) or so, still sealed, quite heavy. I probably got it during the Voodoo Lounge tour, some sort of bunnyman promo item I guess, and never got to open it. As it is large and heavy, it is probably mostly interesting for someone nearby, due to size and weight...

Bjornulf

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: June 25, 2020 22:33

It certainly sounds worthwhile to at least make a list.. I'm sure it would be of enormous interest to people here. I would love to see your list of vinyl LPs and would be first in line to purchase titles you want to sell. This could be really interesting!!

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 25, 2020 22:46

bv
Also, I have hundreds of unique private tapes, acetate recordings, minidisc recordings from shows and so on, from 20 or so years back, and I wish it would be possible to have those made available to the community, if somebody trusted could manage the task/project, if it is worth doing.

I certainly volunteer to help digitize any music (vinyl, CD, tapes) you have to share with the IORR community!!!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: June 25, 2020 22:48

I am up for any merch / promo stuff! I can spot that stuff from big group shots no problem...

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 25, 2020 22:59

I would like to give you a hand with some of your tapes, if you want to. Think I can't handle hundreds, but around 20 would be ok.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 26, 2020 07:26

Well, this is certainly the right place to do something like this and you own it and rule it Bjornulf!
Thanks in advance to you and everybody involved!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 26, 2020 07:51

It's gonna be like a dream comes true,
to noted the bv's archive ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 17:23 by mariano.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 26, 2020 13:06

I recommend taking a photo of each item. It's a long process but take one thing at a time and you'll get it done. Start with the oldest.

Everyone would love to see your collection.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 27, 2020 00:06

I am not technical, I can't digitize tapes, but maybe Stonesvault can be of help storing photos an digitized tapes and publish downloadlinks at IORR..

Date: June 28, 2020 13:07

Thanks for the comments. I will work through the stuff during July/August, and do an update here when I have organized it all slightly more.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home