Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones vinyl and CD bootleg extras - and tapes+minidiscs
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 25, 2020 21:16

I have been working for months now on my large basement storage, of all sorts of Stones stuff I have brought home. I have a few hundred CDs and vinyl dated back in the 70's 80's and may be some 90's, all mint extras. I am not getting rid of them now, I just want comments if anyone is interested, if it is worth the effort of making a list.

Also, I have hundreds of unique private tapes, acetate recordings, minidisc recordings from shows and so on, from 20 or so years back, and I wish it would be possible to have those made available to the community, if somebody trusted could manage the task/project, if it is worth doing.

Also, I have 3-4 large boxes of 1982 and 94/95 mint merchandise, like T-shirts, and scarfs, and some other extras I hope I will be able to make a list of some day this summer.

I am scaling down on the extras of a very large storage after 50 years of collecting. Idid never have time to sort out all that stuff, due to constant touring, so I need some advice here. There was no tour this summer, that did actually give me the extra time I needed, sort of. Thanks.

Bjornulf

Re: Stones vinyl and CD bootleg extras - and tapes+minidiscs
Date: June 25, 2020 21:36

While working on my stock I found several boxes, like the one as labeled below, a box size 60 x 90 cm (2 x 3 feet) or so, still sealed, quite heavy. I probably got it during the Voodoo Lounge tour, some sort of bunnyman promo item I guess, and never got to open it. As it is large and heavy, it is probably mostly interesting for someone nearby, due to size and weight...

Bjornulf

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: June 25, 2020 22:33

It certainly sounds worthwhile to at least make a list.. I'm sure it would be of enormous interest to people here. I would love to see your list of vinyl LPs and would be first in line to purchase titles you want to sell. This could be really interesting!!

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 25, 2020 22:46

bv
Also, I have hundreds of unique private tapes, acetate recordings, minidisc recordings from shows and so on, from 20 or so years back, and I wish it would be possible to have those made available to the community, if somebody trusted could manage the task/project, if it is worth doing.

I certainly volunteer to help digitize any music (vinyl, CD, tapes) you have to share with the IORR community!!!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: June 25, 2020 22:48

I am up for any merch / promo stuff! I can spot that stuff from big group shots no problem...

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 25, 2020 22:59

I would like to give you a hand with some of your tapes, if you want to. Think I can't handle hundreds, but around 20 would be ok.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 26, 2020 07:26

Well, this is certainly the right place to do something like this and you own it and rule it Bjornulf!
Thanks in advance to you and everybody involved!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 26, 2020 07:51

It's gonna be like a dream comes true,
to noted the bv's archive ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 17:23 by mariano.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 26, 2020 13:06

I recommend taking a photo of each item. It's a long process but take one thing at a time and you'll get it done. Start with the oldest.

Everyone would love to see your collection.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 27, 2020 00:06

I am not technical, I can't digitize tapes, but maybe Stonesvault can be of help storing photos an digitized tapes and publish downloadlinks at IORR..

Date: June 28, 2020 13:07

Thanks for the comments. I will work through the stuff during July/August, and do an update here when I have organized it all slightly more.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home