Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: 01 December 2001 - VERVIERS - FP 071 (mix from 3 sources)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: June 9, 2020 10:41

MICK TAYLOR
VERVIERS – 01 December 2001
FP n°071
The project started with the post from of Heiloobaas at IORR [iorr.org]
After a long search I succeed to identify the origin of every track: two were coming from
Hoorn (see FP 070) and the other ones from Verviers.
Because they were in a better quality I decided to make a mix with the other sources to get the complete show in the best quality possible.
I hope the other tracks from this better source will appear someday!
…………………………………………………………………………………………………
1st December 2001: Verviers, Belgium, Spirit Of 66
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Max Middleton (keyb)/Michael Bailey (bass, voc)/ Godfrey McLean (dr)

CD1:
01 – INTRO & TUNING: (nzb)
02 – SECRET AFFAIR: (nzb) 24’’ then (Hcool smiley and at the end (nzb) 9’’
03 – TWISTED SISTER: (Hcool smiley + (nzb) 17’’
04 – LATE AT NIGHT: (Hcool smiley + (nzb) 18’’
05 – LOSING MY FAITH: (Hcool smiley
06 – YOU GOTTA MOVE (incl. CATFISH BLUES): (nzb) 2’45, then HB until 8’51 and (nzb) to the end

CD2:
01 – GOIN’ SOUTH: (nzb) 8’31 then (§)
02 – BAND INTRODUCTION #1: (§)
03 – BLIND WILLIE McTELL: (§)
04 – YOU SHOOK ME: (§)
05 – LAUNDROMAT BLUES: (§)
06 – CAN’T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING: (§) 1’’ then (Hcool smiley
07 – BAND INTRODUCTION #2: (§)
08 – NO EXPECTATIONS: (Hcool smiley and at the end 14’’ (§) then 12’’ (nzb)
09 – LITTLE RED ROOSTER: 1second (nzb) then (Hcool smiley and last 31’’from (§)

(nzb) version is duplicated and amplified
(Hcool smiley version is duplicated
(§) my version is equalized (+ 30% for the left channel) a little more treble and duplicated

For this show we have three versions
- the one posted by Heiloobaas: noted (Hcool smiley. It has the best sound but is incomplete. There are only certain titles (8) and not in the correct order. All the segments (banter etc…) between the titles are deleted as well as sometimes the first seconds of the songs.
- mine noted (§) has the correct sound but consists only of the second part of the show: from the middle of "Goin 'South" (incidentally cut into three parts!) onwards.
- the version of nzb: noted (nzb). Is the most complete version, even if it misses the end of "Little Red Rooster". But the sound is worse than the previous 2 and the speed too fast (+ 2.48%).
So I made a mix of the three sources to get the full show with the best sound possible. Of course the passage from one source to another is a bit annoying but I did my best (which took me a lot of time) so I hope others will appreciate it.
For example HB’s version for “You Gotta Move” was very incomplete (the long intro was cut and the ending part too). Now this rebuilt version include the great intro, the “Catfish Blues” segment and is around 8 minutes longer!
For the front and back covers I used pics coming from a review of the show (see in the document file).

As usual all the infos are taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

A big thanks to my usual partners in crime nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave critics and advise regarding my work and to Heiloobaas who posted this recordings at IORR and allowed me to use it..

Posted by StonyRoad in 2020 on IORR
link valid until 16/06/20 (don't ask for a repost)
[we.tl]
oops, i forgot to delete the "mix" folder which contains a mix of 2 versions: you can delete or keep it but it is not mentioned on the cover! it's a kind of "hidden piece"!

and don't forget if you have a personal recording email me

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: 01 December 2001 - VERVIERS - FP 071 (mix from 3 sources)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 9, 2020 10:57

Thanks a lot for working on this show Norbert!
Also for the complete details given and the great covers!
smileys with beer

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: 01 December 2001 - VERVIERS - FP 071 (mix from 3 sources)
Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: June 9, 2020 11:19

Thanks a lot!
CrazyMama

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: June 9, 2020 11:36

Thanks

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: June 9, 2020 12:54

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: June 9, 2020 12:54

Thanks very much!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: June 9, 2020 20:10

Thank you thumbs up

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: June 9, 2020 20:29

Great job, thank you for your effort!

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: June 10, 2020 17:26

Thank You

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 12, 2020 10:37

THX

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: June 19, 2020 23:40

Many thanks for this!

"oops, i forgot to delete the "mix" folder which contains a mix of 2 versions: you can delete or keep it but it is not mentioned on the cover! it's a kind of "hidden piece"! "

Is it a duplicate of D1T2 or were different sources used for this mix?

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 25, 2020 20:43

Also available in Stonesvault [iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home