Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Foxes In the Boxes Vol. Four: Gimme Some Neck Rough Mixes, Early Versions and Outtakes
Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: May 31, 2020 10:45

Thank you; great indepth research aswell!

Well done!

Hendrik

Re: Foxes In the Boxes Vol. Four: Gimme Some Neck Rough Mixes, Early Versions and Outtakes
Posted by: intercepter ()
Date: May 31, 2020 10:51

Big Thanks!!!

Posted by: emr9410 ()
Date: May 31, 2020 11:00

Thanks!!!

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: May 31, 2020 11:07

Thank you JEMS! smileys with beer

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 31, 2020 11:43

Thanks a lot , JEMS !!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 31, 2020 11:50

"Our friend Jim R points out that in 1978, while he was “in” the Stones, Ron Wood was not an official partner in the band as a business. That wouldn’t happen until Bill Wyman left.
So the participation of Mick, Keith and Charlie in Gimme Some Neck was out of friendship and respect for Wood".

Another possible explanation is the Twins had gotten so much out of Honest Ron (paying him breadcrumbs for the whole 75 tour, crediting him "inspired by RW" on some tracks = no money for him) that, deep inside their cold insenstive hearts, they probably felt some guilt (a terminally ugly word in the Twins universe). grinning smiley
Anyway thanks for liberating this wonderful material. Hope you got some more Art Collins stuff!

And am I the only one who thinks CW's ultra-elegant drumming style doesn't quite fit Ron's music... that Modelist's more grungy style propels RW's music in a better fashion...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-31 12:35 by dcba.

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: May 31, 2020 12:06

Much appreciated - Thank you

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: May 31, 2020 13:39

Very appreciated. Thanks a lot

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: May 31, 2020 17:04

Excellent, many thanks!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 31, 2020 19:55

dcba
"Our friend Jim R points out that in 1978, while he was “in” the Stones, Ron Wood was not an official partner in the band as a business. That wouldn’t happen until Bill Wyman left.
So the participation of Mick, Keith and Charlie in Gimme Some Neck was out of friendship and respect for Wood".

Another possible explanation is the Twins had gotten so much out of Honest Ron (paying him breadcrumbs for the whole 75 tour, crediting him "inspired by RW" on some tracks = no money for him) that, deep inside their cold insenstive hearts, they probably felt some guilt (a terminally ugly word in the Twins universe). grinning smiley
Anyway thanks for liberating this wonderful material. Hope you got some more Art Collins stuff!

And am I the only one who thinks CW's ultra-elegant drumming style doesn't quite fit Ron's music... that Modelist's more grungy style propels RW's music in a better fashion...

Are you insinuating they had financial epiphanies?
These bastards still haven’t refunded my $500 Austin tickets!!!

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: May 31, 2020 21:49

Man, even if they are a little unfinished, these mixes sound so much better than the final album. GSN needs a remix so bad.

There are two other alternate mixes out there, btw. There's a monitor mix of Breakin' My Heart on the Drug Dealer Tapes vol 1, and Seven Days featuring Bobby Keys on sax on Dr. No Presents The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: June 1, 2020 01:32

Thank you so much!! Can't wait to listen to this!

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: June 1, 2020 05:35

Thank you smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2020 08:51

afilosa09
Man, even if they are a little unfinished, these mixes sound so much better than the final album. GSN needs a remix so bad.

Having listened through this JEMS upload 2 times, I also prefer it over the official release. The snare drum still sounds like a bucket, but everything else is better here than on the finished version.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2020 08:55

dcba

No, Charlie doesn't quite fit, even though it's no disaster or anything. But he's too good. It's like if Eric Clapton were to play in Sex Pistols.
But at least it's a better match than Steve Jordan within X-pensive Winos. Ruins the whole listening experience for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-01 08:57 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: June 1, 2020 09:57

Thanks so much, JEMS, for this fine one!

Posted by: Dogzilla ()
Date: June 1, 2020 10:17

Fantastic effort. My favourite solo album. Thanks

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2020 10:36

Munichhilton

Are you insinuating they had financial epiphanies?

If they finally saw the light, God rapidly turned it off on them! By 79 the Barbs were touring and Keef enjoyed the 4-star life on the road (hotel suites and private jets) at the expense of Ron who paid for everything with his own money.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 1, 2020 11:35

Thank you!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: June 1, 2020 11:52

afilosa09

There are two other alternate mixes out there, btw. There's a monitor mix of Breakin' My Heart on the Drug Dealer Tapes vol 1, and Seven Days featuring Bobby Keys on sax on Dr. No Presents The Rolling Stones.

Not really. Seven Days on Dr. No is a New Barbarians tour rehearsal from Culver City April 1979 and Breakin' My Heart sounds like the GSN album-version with RW playing to it, most probably also from the NB tour-rehearsals (maybe trying to re-learn his own song, considering it for the rehearsals).

N

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 1, 2020 12:07

THX

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: June 1, 2020 16:45

I've always enjoyed this album. Thank you!

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: June 2, 2020 11:43

thanks very very very much!!!

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: June 2, 2020 12:24

thanks !

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: June 2, 2020 12:39

great to get back home and find this new gems/Jems
Thanks a lot!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 2, 2020 15:12

Great another gem from JEMS!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: letitloose6 ()
Date: June 2, 2020 15:21

Thank you JEMS for these Ronnie outtakes

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: June 4, 2020 11:59

I have optimized the track markings. They were often too close to the beginning of a track, so that counting in or some licks that belong to the next track were at the end of the previous track. I corrected this. Nothing else has been changed.

[we.tl]

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 4, 2020 13:43

wiredallnight
I have optimized the track markings. They were often too close to the beginning of a track, so that counting in or some licks that belong to the next track were at the end of the previous track. I corrected this. Nothing else has been changed.

[we.tl]

Thanks for your work. smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 4, 2020 14:40

BlueTurns2Grey
wiredallnight

[we.tl]

Thanks for your work. smileys with beer

Thanks!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home