Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Trade: The Cliftons tapes found - World Exclusive
Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: May 27, 2020 00:07

Following some very successful trades with my Brian Jones/Paul Pond silver pressed vinyl rarities (now sold out) I have acquired a tape of this very early Stones related band from the early 60's.

Obviously a home-made tape, it features Tony Chapman, 'Lee' Wyman, 'Howlin' Wilf and an unidentified keyboard player - could it be Stu? The tracks are 'What'd I Say', La Bamba, 'Smokestack Lightnin'', 'Pretty Thing' and a jam titled 'Lee's Blues'. Sound quality is quite good, all things considered.

Chapman and Wyman are well known but little is known about Wilf. One source close to the band at the time remarked that he was an unpopular character, 'a bit of a spiv, always peddling iffy gear' and he left the band shortly after these recordings.

These recordings are so rare, I doubt if Mr Perks has a copy but I am open to a trade!

I have produced a limited edition gold coloured vinyl EP of these tracks, individually numbered, shrink wrapped, surely a collector's dream.

Trades only, please get in touch

Re: Trade: The Cliftons tapes found - World Exclusive
Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: May 27, 2020 00:19

Sir-once again I laughed out LOUD!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 27, 2020 19:41

Elmo
Following some very successful trades with my Brian Jones/Paul Pond silver pressed vinyl rarities (now sold out) I have acquired a tape of this very early Stones related band from the early 60's.

Obviously a home-made tape, it features Tony Chapman, 'Lee' Wyman, 'Howlin' Wilf and an unidentified keyboard player - could it be Stu? The tracks are 'What'd I Say', La Bamba, 'Smokestack Lightnin'', 'Pretty Thing' and a jam titled 'Lee's Blues'. Sound quality is quite good, all things considered.

Chapman and Wyman are well known but little is known about Wilf. One source close to the band at the time remarked that he was an unpopular character, 'a bit of a spiv, always peddling iffy gear' and he left the band shortly after these recordings.

These recordings are so rare, I doubt if Mr Perks has a copy but I am open to a trade!

I have produced a limited edition gold coloured vinyl EP of these tracks, individually numbered, shrink wrapped, surely a collector's dream.

Trades only, please get in touch

YOU, SIR, win the internet today!!!!

Although, I recall Mick Jagger purchased a tape from the mid-60's with La Bamba on it.

Maybe, just maaaybeee your tape is fake......

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: May 28, 2020 05:56

How do I convert a Gold vinyl EP to a Dolby Atmos encoded mp4 video?

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: May 28, 2020 09:46

will there be a 64bit/192kHz platinum edition of the vinyl?

Date: May 28, 2020 16:39

afilosa09
How do I convert a Gold vinyl EP to a Dolby Atmos encoded mp4 video?

Sorry! Have no idea, completely outside my abilities. I'm just a collector/trader, no technical skills.

Off to a great start with trades for these EPs, picked up a real gem which will be next up once I've got the discs pressed.

Been contacted by some shady guy, maybe a bootlegger, asking to buy the master tape but this stays with me. Those who trade with me are notified that, in the transfer process, a code has been inserted which means that the music cannot be reproduced and therefore not bootlegged. That's why the Lewis/Pond stuff has not and will not surface elsewhere.

A descendant of 'Howlin Wilf' Felton has contacted me offering 'Lost Outtakes' of some stuff as a trade but, you know......

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: May 28, 2020 21:54

The outtakes which haven't been recorded yet are now available for trade...

Date: May 30, 2020 10:14

iraq0708
The outtakes which haven't been recorded yet are now available for trade...

Are these 'lost' outtakes? Also, if they haven't been recorded yet can I request some favourite songs to be included?

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 30, 2020 15:13

The 20 minute version of Start Me Up would be awesome.
It would require some time travel, though.
Maybe an idea for next year on Rick and Morty....

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 30, 2020 18:53

"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home