Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Long shot Request: 71 'mystery' video clip
Posted by: automaticchanger ()
Date: May 20, 2020 20:32

I thought it might be better to make a new request thread instead of bumping an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone still had the clip discussed in this thread:

[iorr.org]

I understand that the clip in question is very short, but if possible I'd appreciate anyone re-uploading it to check out. Thanks!

Re: Long shot Request: 71 'mystery' video clip
Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 21, 2020 02:56

Wow. I remember starting this thread.

The same footage is contained at the beginning of this, which was linked in the original post, but still reversed:

[www.ina.fr]

I shared this with VideoJames back in 2011. I just checked my email folders and his reply was "looks like Manchester or Leeds 1971."

J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-21 03:16 by JMARKO.

Date: May 21, 2020 07:21

funny enough, I tried emailing you direct yesterday about it, but the email bounced back! Thanks for the link! There's quite a bit more footage than I was expecting, which is nice. I downloaded the video and have reversed the clip - I'll upload a new version here in the next few days.

Based on photos and outfits visible, it looks like it might be from Brighton:

check Taylor's shirt in the video:

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: May 21, 2020 13:40

Well done, you finally nailed it.
Definitely Brighton, look at the guy wearing the tie dyed shirt at the front. Look for Charlie’s bass drum and the guy is in front of it.
Definitely the same show and the pictures are taken from the same place.
They must have been playing one of the first so songs because Jagger has still got his jacket on. Probably JJF, the opening song, because Keith is standing next to the mic.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: May 21, 2020 13:43

And Jagger is still holding his cap which he came on stage wearing and took it off during JJF.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 21, 2020 14:20

Maybe their best tour

Date: May 21, 2020 16:21

so I took the individual clips and looped them for a while to try and determine what they were playing - definitely JJF. I took the audio from the 1st Coventry show and was able to match it up pretty well:

[we.tl]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2020 18:40

automaticchanger
so I took the individual clips and looped them for a while to try and determine what they were playing - definitely JJF. I took the audio from the 1st Coventry show and was able to match it up pretty well:

[we.tl]

Ha! Great! That also explains why Jagger is doing the "hands-above-head"-move at the very last moment of that clip. I can't say I've seen Jagger doing that...pervert move on stage before, only in the JJF promo. Before now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-21 18:44 by Erik_Snow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home