Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO: Elvis Costello bootleg
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 15, 2020 11:50

Hi

I'm trying to find a copy of either 'Raised on Radio' or 'Radio Sweet Hearts' by Elvis Costello (both have the same tracks - BBC radio recordings). Does anyone have a copy they could download?

thanks

syrel

Re: ISO: Elvis Costello bootleg
Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: May 16, 2020 13:59

If you do bitorrent d/l the goody speed corrected version is still on dimeadozen.
It doesn't include all the songs on the bootleg as some have been officially released and dime rules don't allow that.

This is a straight reseed of a short compilation recently gone from the tracker, originally shared by 'chrispoor' with my thanks. Enjoy!

Yer PervFesser

ELVIS COSTELLO - 1977-07-25 & 1978-03-13 & 1978-10-23 (1 song) - Peel sessions compilation (FM masters)

Goody Remastered Edition

This is a compilation of master FM recordings of BBC Radio 1 John Peel session unreleased tracks by Elvis Costello.

For full details of the John Peel sessions' studio info etc., please consult the following BBC web site :-
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Lineage: BBC Radio 1 FM -> Roof Aerial -> Pioneer TX-710 Tuner -> Pioneer CT-300 Cassette Deck (record) -> cassette tape (usually TDK SA, except where noted below).

Conversion to FLAC :-

Master source tape -> Aiwa AD-F770 cassette deck (play) -> SB Extigy soundcard -> CoolEdit Pro 2.1 -> WAV -> TLH -> FLAC 8 & .ffp's >

Goody's additional lineage:

TLH (WAV) > Audition (DC offset and phase corrected; Track 08 - Pitch Bender +73 cents; tracking adjusted, fades added, declicked, extraneous non-musical material removed; seamlessly 'restored' beginnings of tracks 05 & 08 by copying similar short phrases to replace missing parts)

Note that, where song titles are shown in brackets followed by an asterisk, thus: (Xxxxxx)*, this indicates a track that has been left out of this compilation because it has been officially released in one form and another, these ones have been removed in order to comply with DIME rules regarding non-inclusion of released material.

One track excluded to comply with DIME requirements with regard to exclusion of officially released material marked in brackets with an asterisk immediately following.

FULL DETAILS :-
================

ELVIS COSTELLO - 1977-07-25 Peel session #1
1. Mystery Dance
2. Red Shoes
3. Blame It On Cain
4. Less Than Zero

ELVIS COSTELLO - 1978-03-13 Peel session #2
(5. Pump It Up)*
5. The Beat
6. You Belong To Me
7. (I Don't Wanna Go To) Chelsea

ELVIS COSTELLO - 1978-10-23 Peel session #3 (1 song only)
8. Radio Radio

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: May 16, 2020 15:16

Don't know if this will be of any help, but this website has links to hundreds of Peel Sessions: [davestrickson.blogspot.com]
It has youtube links to Costello's complete Peel sessions for 25.7.77, 13.3.78, 23.10.78 and 25.2.80.
This is a really useful website for anyone looking for a particular Peel session.

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: May 16, 2020 16:42

Thanks for the link Martin smileys with beer

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 17, 2020 10:39

Thanks for the replies, really appreciated. I have the Goody version and am looking for something more complete, and preferably lossless. So I don't want to use that JP blog for this - though it has some really interesting material on it and I didn't know about it, so thanks.

syrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home