Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Trade: very early Brian duo tapes
Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: May 10, 2020 22:46

I have secured tracks of Brian playing as part of a duo with Paul Pond (Paul Jones of Manfred Mann) in the early 60s. Tracks are Dust My Broom, Down In The Bottom and Mannish Boy. Excellent quad sound. Limited edition numbered silver vinyl. Got these in a trade and allowed to pass on. Don't miss out, y'all.

Re: Trade: very early Brian duo tapes
Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: May 10, 2020 23:24

I laughed out loud at this! Great!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: May 11, 2020 06:01

I'll trade you for a live performance of the b-side Anyway You Look At It. Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Ronnie will come to your home and play the song for you personally. Samples available upon request.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 11, 2020 11:32

What is "silver vinyl"?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 11, 2020 15:31

Elmo
Limited edition numbered silver vinyl.

Watch out Elmo! If a gentleman from the US East Coast offers you to buy the entire run of records that have been made, it's Keef trying to contact you. grinning smiley
He'll buy'em all to destroy them and erase all memories of Brian!

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: May 11, 2020 16:48

Did quad sound exist in 1962?!!

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: May 11, 2020 17:37

I've got a rare never heard outtakes tape

The tracks are: English Summer (1967)/Panama Powder Room (1966)/ Toss The Coin (1968)/ Old Gory(1968)/After Muddy and Charlie (1973)and some more tracks.

winking smiley

Date: May 11, 2020 21:30

wupperstein

The tracks are: English Summer (1967)/Panama Powder Room (1966)/ Toss The Coin (1968)/ Old Gory(1968)/After Muddy and Charlie (1973)and some more tracks.

winking smiley
No Godzi?

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: May 11, 2020 21:32

Elmo
I have secured tracks of Brian playing as part of a duo with Paul Pond (Paul Jones of Manfred Mann) in the early 60s. Tracks are Dust My Broom, Down In The Bottom and Mannish Boy. Excellent quad sound. Limited edition numbered silver vinyl. Got these in a trade and allowed to pass on. Don't miss out, y'all.

Further research indicates that the gig was recorded at the Rat & Goldfish public house in Notting Hill. I have tracked down the landlord at the time, Wilf, who is now aged 94. He told me 'They were booked as Elmo and Paul. We thought they woz nice young lads like Peter & Gordon so the place was full of young girls. Lovely it was. The blokes were very well spoken and polite, especially that blond haired one. But when they sang, cor blimey what a racket. All the girls p****d off!'

Hopefully more to come. Some interesting trades received already.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 11, 2020 23:59

Elmo
I have tracked down the landlord at the time, Wilf, who is now aged 94.

You mean, this Wilf? [iorr.org] grinning smiley

Date: May 12, 2020 04:34

C'mon guys....could be legit...drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

Date: May 12, 2020 06:37

Wot is SILVER VINYL?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 13, 2020 03:25

iraq0708
wupperstein

winking smiley
No Godzi?

Yeah, no Godzi?

Then I'm not interested, I'm afraid... And the tape of the July 27, 1963 Dunstable, California Ballroom show incl. Jaguar & Thunderbird and Can I Get A Witness will stay where it is.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: May 29, 2020 09:21

wupperstein

winking smiley
What are the "other tracks" please? thanks.

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: May 30, 2020 00:23

Exaltation?

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: May 30, 2020 00:49

joguema
Exaltation?

Excellent find Joguema! I like the Adrienne Posta version of Shang A Doo Lang (I just found out about that song last year), too bad the Stones didn't release their own (original) version of it (which I've never heard...yet).

Also, (one of my faves) how did Out Of Time (criminally underrated Stones versions) get overlooked, yet Chris Farlowe's cover went to #4 on UK charts iirc.

HM to: Sleepy City & I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys, both had that Phil Spector wall of sound quality, are either of these available on Live bootleg versions?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-30 04:35 by KevinM.

Date: May 31, 2020 09:13

Exaltation? Maybe to you. Exaltation my entitled white arse, dearie.

Date: May 31, 2020 15:43

HEILOOBAAS
Exaltation? Maybe to you. Exaltation my entitled white arse, dearie.

I have no idea what you want to tell me.

I just copied 2 pages from Volker's RS Bootleg Bibles from 1981 and 1984, which listed a bootleg named 'Exaltation' and the tracks supposedly existing on that vinyl.

Date: June 1, 2020 05:35

KevinM
joguema
Exaltation?

Excellent find Joguema! I like the Adrienne Posta version of Shang A Doo Lang (I just found out about that song last year), too bad the Stones didn't release their own (original) version of it (which I've never heard...yet).

Also, (one of my faves) how did Out Of Time (criminally underrated Stones versions) get overlooked, yet Chris Farlowe's cover went to #4 on UK charts iirc.

HM to: Sleepy City & I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys, both had that Phil Spector wall of sound quality, are either of these available on Live bootleg versions?

Thanks.
No, neither one of those tracks ever played live....Yet!

Date: June 1, 2020 12:29

Volker once told me that he invented the bootleg EXALTATION, the Matrix-Nos. and the contents in order to have a proof when others steal his work and list EXALTATION with all the wrong details also in their "own" books etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1291
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home