Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gemstones Vol 1 Medley
Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: April 9, 2020 23:31

On Gemstones Vol 1, CD-2, there's a medley of snips from early recordings:

You’ve Just Made My Day/I’m Just A Funny Guy/You Must Be The One/So Much In Love/I’ll Hold Your Hand/Shang A Doo Lang/When A Boy Meets A Girl/No One Knows

Can anyone tell me any session history on these songs, and whether there are any complete releases? THANKS

Re: Gemstones Vol 1 Medley
Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: April 10, 2020 10:17

This is what I' ve found

[www.stonesvikingrob.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-10 10:25 by Rolling on.

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: April 10, 2020 23:02

THANK YOU for posting that info. I think I see where part of Gemstones comes from the IU releases.

I have another boot on one of my HDs which has, I think, a medley of snips going back to Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys. It would be nice if we could get full versions of all snips, early and late.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-10 23:12 by andrews27.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: April 11, 2020 13:45

One presumes full versions of these tracks, and maybe others, still exist in the well-locked vaults. Also some collector's could be holding onto stuff they consider too valuable to part with. Being very pessimistic I presume one day, after the band ceases to exist, they'll eventually get around to raiding the vaults. Unfortunately many of us will be dead and there'll be very few around to care.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-11 13:47 by MrTurner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home