Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: NEW version from RW with EC & friends 'Tribute To Ginger Baker' (FP 059) matrix with a selection of YT files (new version more complete)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: March 15, 2020 14:05

A big thanks to Quique-stone that point me to others YT links
Ron WOOD guesting with
Eric Clapton And Friends
Eventim Apollo Hammersmith
London, England
17th February 2020
‘A Tribute To Ginger Baker'
(FP n°59)
New version

17th February 2020: ERIC CLAPTON & FRIENDS. London, Eventim Apollo, 'A Tribute To Ginger Baker'
Line-up: Eric Clapton (gtr, voc)/Paul Carrack (keyb)/Chris Stainton (keyb)/Willie Weeks (bass)/Sonny Emory (dr)/Steve Gadd (dr)/Katie Kissoon (bvoc, perc)/Sharon White (bvoc, perc) and special guests: /Roger Waters (bass)/Kenney Jones (dr)/Nile Rodgers (gtr)/Will Johns(gtr)/Henry Spinetti (dr)/Kofi Baker (dr, voc)/Steve Winwood (gtr, keyb, voc)
and Ron Wood (gtr) on tracks 04, 08 and 15

As someone recently pointed out, mixing from YT files can sometimes be interesting. Indeed the recordings were made from different places of the venue but sometimes they complement each other well.
Try it out by listening for example to "Badge": the mixed part starts after 8 seconds .....
I have tinkered with video files which I grabbed from YouTube.
I hope I don't hurt any filmers and I quoted all my sources. Of course the show is not complete! Many banters between the songs are missed. Sometimes I only had one source; in this case I duplicated the channels to increase the volume. Several incomplete titles have been patched with fragments from only one source ... Obviously all this is DIY but some passages are very good (IMHO) and I hope others will enjoy!

NEWS: Recently, Quiquestone pointed me at other videos (he was a better hunter than me!) So I managed to complete the first published version with the two missing tracks. I also mixed a new sequence of 1 minute of the EC solo on "Presence of the Lord" (here added as bonus).
So there you have a new version

CD1:
01 – Intro (Banfibill/AkaWooders)
02 – Sunshine Of Your Love (Banfilbill/AkaWooders/Andras Galos)
03 – Strange Brew (Thomas Even/Billypreston)
04 – White Room (Banfibill/Andras Galos/Thomas Ewen)
05 – I Feel Free/Tales Of Brave Ulysses (Banfibill/Billypreston/Thomas Ewen)
06 – Sweet Wine (AkaWooders) duplicated
07 – Blue Condition (AkaWooders/Billypreston)
08 – Badge (Banfibill/AkaWooders)
09 – Pressed Rat And Warthog ( Music Of Crea) duplicated
CD2:
10 – Had To Cry Today (AkaWooders/Banfibill)
11 – Presence Of The Lord (Simon Whitworth) duplicated
12 – Can’t Find My Way Home (Banfibill/AkaWooders)
13 – Well All Right (Banfibill/AkaWooders)
14 – Do What You Like/Toad (Music Of Cream/Martin Lefèbvre)
15 – Crossroads (Banfibil/AkaWooders/Thomas Ewen)
16 – Outro (AkaWooders) duplicated
17 – bonus: Presence Of The Lord (Simon Whitworth/ Martin Lefèbvre solo segment)

As usual all the infos are taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]
A big thanks to all the videos uploaders (see the list below), to George Chin’s pictures coming from [ultimateclassicrock.com]
and of course to my usual partners in crime nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave critics and advise regarding my work.

Posted by StonyRoad in 2020 on IORR: [www.iorr.org]
new link valid until 22/03/20 (please don't ask for repost)
[we.tl]

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-15 16:49 by StonyRoad.

Re: POST: NEW version from RW with EC & friends 'Tribute To Ginger Baker' (FP 059) matrix with a selection of YT files (new version more complete)
Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: March 15, 2020 15:51

Thank You

Re: POST: NEW version from RW with EC & friends 'Tribute To Ginger Baker' (FP 059) matrix with a selection of YT files (new version more complete)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 15, 2020 17:13

Thank YOU for this updated version Norbert, it's very much appreciated! smileys with beer

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: March 15, 2020 18:41

Thanks Norbert and Quique

Posted by: senecastj ()
Date: March 15, 2020 18:52

So you took lossy YouTube audio and mixed them together? Beyond the obvious why, How did you do the alignment?

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: March 15, 2020 18:56

Thanks

Date: March 15, 2020 19:26

sorry false maneuvre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-15 19:29 by StonyRoad.

Date: March 15, 2020 19:27

senecastj
So you took lossy YouTube audio and mixed them together? Beyond the obvious why, How did you do the alignment?
Have you listen to some tracks (I mean the ones with 2 sources mixed)? Try for example the ones with Ronnie do it and and you will get the answer.
About alignement is not so difficult because they're digitals recordings so without speed variations (exception in one version of "toad")

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: March 15, 2020 22:59

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 16, 2020 00:18

elmuseo
Thanks Norbert and Quique

Thanks friend but all credits must go to Norbert! drinking smiley

Posted by: Dogzilla ()
Date: March 16, 2020 00:27

thank you for sharing

Date: March 16, 2020 16:44

StonyRoad
senecastj
Have you listen to some tracks (I mean the ones with 2 sources mixed)? Try for example the ones with Ronnie do it and and you will get the answer.
About alignement is not so difficult because they're digitals recordings so without speed variations (exception in one version of "toad")

I have not listened but I will try at some point.

However, your last sentence basically confirms my suspicions. Digital recorders run at different speeds, and the speeds do change over time. It may not be as pronounced as analog tape, but it's more than enough to be noticeable. I've probably done 300-400 matrix recordings that required some level of alignment, and every single one needed some sort of time stretching.

Plus there's the fact that you're using very lossy YouTube audio when there are several other high quality lossless audio...

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:03

thanks

Date: March 16, 2020 17:34

false maneuvre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 17:36 by StonyRoad.

Date: March 16, 2020 17:36

false maneuvre n°2 !!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 17:42 by StonyRoad.

Date: March 16, 2020 17:39

senecastj
However, your last sentence basically confirms my suspicions. Digital recorders run at different speeds, and the speeds do change over time. It may not be as pronounced as analog tape, but it's more than enough to be noticeable. I've probably done 300-400 matrix recordings that required some level of alignment, and every single one needed some sort of time stretching.

Plus there's the fact that you're using very lossy YouTube audio when there are several other high quality lossless audio...

Yes the speed variations when they exist are very sligtly and as you will hear they are not perceptible (I speack for my 60th ears that suffering from lots of concerts and music with headphones): I check all at 0,0001s (0,1 milliseconds)
About the lossless sources: I know only two (Daspyknows & SIRMick) and I respect Daspyknows wishes and I cannot contact SIRMick to ask him if he agree)... thanks to let me know wich other lossless sources are circulating!
last: I hope that you will make us benefit from the matrix that you made on your side!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 17:41 by StonyRoad.

Date: March 16, 2020 21:27

I haven't had a chance to listen to this particular one, but I know I can hear alignment issues even when it's only 4-5 samples (assuming a 44.1k sample rate).

Just to clarify, you consider this to be an upgrade over Daspy's source?

I won't be doing a mix of this show. If there was a wireless source then possibly, but nobody I know was running any IEM gear.

Date: March 16, 2020 21:48

senecastj
I haven't had a chance to listen to this particular one, but I know I can hear alignment issues even when it's only 4-5 samples (assuming a 44.1k sample rate).

Just to clarify, you consider this to be an upgrade over Daspy's source?

I won't be doing a mix of this show. If there was a wireless source then possibly, but nobody I know was running any IEM gear.

Oh no I'm not so presomptuous, I like Daspyknows version, it's only a different way to appreciate this show! If you appreciate great if not where is the problem?
But I repeat:
- do a test: if you don't like, deleted it you will spend only some minutes but if you like I will be glad
- if you had over 200 matrix can you posted some? (in particuliar from the seventies).. I must admit I try several times but with exception of some tracks the result was not very interesting

Date: March 16, 2020 21:59

I have a bunch of clips of recent mixes on my soundcloud: [soundcloud.com]

I posted a clip of my Santa Clara 2019 mix on there of Stones. I've done a few other stones mixes in the past. I've released a fair number of mixes on DIME and other torrent sites in the past.

I also did a time alignment video on YouTube: [youtu.be]. While it's primarily around time aligning IEM recordings, all the same principles apply to audience recordings.

Date: March 16, 2020 22:17

senecastj
I have a bunch of clips of recent mixes on my soundcloud: [soundcloud.com]

I posted a clip of my Santa Clara 2019 mix on there of Stones. I've done a few other stones mixes in the past. I've released a fair number of mixes on DIME and other torrent sites in the past.

I also did a time alignment video on YouTube: [youtu.be]. While it's primarily around time aligning IEM recordings, all the same principles apply to audience recordings.
you're not only on Stones! I understood wrong.
Now I remember I already was on your cloud probably for your Santa Clara 2019.
Waiting for your conclusion about my game!

Date: March 17, 2020 03:11

Listened to Badge. I hear phasing issues from the alignment, and several things like the vocals fade in/out on the left/right. Ultimately I found the panning to be more distracting than anything as a fake stereo.

I guess if it works for you, but not my cup of tea.

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: March 17, 2020 04:20

A Quique boss too!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:29

There is a project in the works using multiple 4K video feeds and my audio done with correct time alignment of the entire show.

Date: March 17, 2020 18:47

daspyknows
There is a project in the works using multiple 4K video feeds and my audio done with correct time alignment of the entire show.

great, looking forward to listen to it!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 29, 2020 20:33

Also in Stonesvault

Frankenstein FP 059 RW with EC & friends 2020.02.17 Tribute to Ginger Baker (new)
[www.filefactory.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home