Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Need Help with the Copyright Extension MSG '69 Files
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 12, 2020 05:22

Someone just sent me the files for the Nov 27th and 28th late shows via We Transfer and I have some questions:

1) These are MPEG-4 files which I believe are lossy. Are they available anywhere in lossless/WAV/whatever format?

2) They have the high pitched hum on them. How do I get rid of that?

3) They are one file/song at a time. I have to click on each file one at a time to get it to play. How do you put them together so they play continuously as one concert?

4) They are currently in my Downloads folder and I assume I can just cut and paste them elsewhere either by entire folder or file by file and put them into another folder.

5) The We Transfer files expire tomorrow so I assume that so long as I have them downloaded (in my Downloads folder) that I can make whatever changes I need to after the one week period, or am I wrong and do I need to make whatever changes before the files go away?

In short, you can see I don't know much about We Transfer and need some assistance. I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

plexi

Re: Need Help with the Copyright Extension MSG '69 Files
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: February 12, 2020 10:55

Hi plexi,

I'm no expert, but I'll help as much as I can ...

1) They are lossy and they are not available in any other form. Abkco put them on youtube, making them mp4. Kind people here downloaded them and converted to Flac. But they are still lossy.

2) Some people on this forum got rid of the hum. One of the threads explains how to do it. You need audacity, or some other editing software. But there are versions with that already done.

3) How are you listening? If you use VLC Player, just drag all the songs into VLC and they will play one after another. Or burn them to CD and it'll play in the order you set. (If you burn to a CD, make sure to set the pause between songs to 0 seconds, so there is no gap)

4) Yes, you can do whatever you want with them, including duplicating then in case you try to edit, so you can always go back to the original.

5) Since you have downloaded the files, the wetransfer link no longer matters. The link only works for a week, but once you have downloaded them, you have the files forever (or at least until your hard drive crashes, or CDs rot, or iPod dies or whatever calamity occurs.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2124
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home