Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: New York - New Jersey - MetLife Stadium 2019 - No Filter Tour Goldplate Shows
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 28, 2020 21:16

This is the stuff that infuriates tapers. Most of us prefer to freely share our efforts but with a few bands Rolling Stones, U2, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen etc. there is an issue with stuff freely traded being downloaded and sold.

One issue that occurs more often with Rolling Stones recordings is the need of a few idiots who think they are sound engineers attempting to remaster recordings and then take credit for making something that sounds good to start, sound like crap when done. Why do they do it? I think it is so they can make artwork with their name on it to take credit. I saw rskinno's "artwork" of his remaster's of my recordings. It is embarrassing to be associated with such garbage. I guess I should post the real thing to confuse the trading pool further.

An old school taper who went by the name of Freezer used to make changes to his recordings so he could trace back who sold his stuff to bootleggers. I can understand his POV now.

Re: New York - New Jersey - MetLife Stadium 2019 - No Filter Tour Goldplate Shows
Posted by: breadfan ()
Date: January 28, 2020 23:16

Freezer (RIP) was a legend and you could understand where he was coming from.

Selling something that was made available was a sin, so he started marking his recordings to whomsoever he traded cassettes with, very much like Millard and any other old school taper in order to identify where the bootleg label got it from.

Listen to a Freezer recording for the whistle shrill or some other noise.

I think the days of the internet have pretty much now made it obsolete.

Posted by: senecastj ()
Date: January 29, 2020 01:46

Well you can mark them in different ways smiling smiley

Easy to zap a whistle in Izotope RX.

But you can make adjustments that are inaudible but easy to spot once you know what you're looking for. I remember painting people's names in the upper frequencies from 16khz-20khz. I could spell out a persons name in the audio in 3 seconds and chances are they'd never even hear it.

I haven't done this in many years since I've kept a tight leash on my private recordings.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 29, 2020 02:28

Sucks we have to do stuff like this but not as bad as seeing our recordings sold or messed with by rskinno.

Posted by: breadfan ()
Date: January 29, 2020 09:40

senecastj

But you can make adjustments that are inaudible but easy to spot once you know what you're looking for. I remember painting people's names in the upper frequencies from 16khz-20khz. I could spell out a persons name in the audio in 3 seconds and chances are they'd never even hear it.

I haven't done this in many years since I've kept a tight leash on my private recordings.

Spelling out the persons name made me laugh just now thumbs up.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 30, 2020 13:24

Many Thanks for these shows, attended both of them, great nights in East Rutherford!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 13:24 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 30, 2020 22:58

senecastj

The name thing is genius.

Date: February 21, 2021 03:14

Hi guys anyone can repost the 2nd Show? Thx In advance

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: February 21, 2021 15:00

DiegoGlimmerStones

[wetransfer.com]

Date: February 21, 2021 21:17

StoneZP
DiegoGlimmerStones

[wetransfer.com]

Thank you for sharing!!thumbs up

Date: February 21, 2021 21:22

Just found another source shared by stonesmuziekfan on [iorr.org]
stonesmuziekfan
WLR NF10 Hear it Like The Stones CD 01+02 2019.08.01 Metlife Stadium East Rutherford NJ [www.filefactory.com]
WLR NF10 Hear it Like The Stones CD 03+04 2019.08.05 Metlife Stadium East Rutherford NJ [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 21, 2021 23:46

I'm sorry to hear someone stole from the Stones and sold it.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home