Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Post: ALTAMONT 1969 the Longest & Upgraded with the ALL SBD available [Version 2]
Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 29, 2022 20:04

I'm 2 years late to this party. Not asking for a re-upload just wondering if this has been uploaded to the 1969 Tour archive page? And if so, what is it labeled as, just checked and not sure which is which.

Re: Post: ALTAMONT 1969 the Longest & Upgraded with the ALL SBD available [Version 2]
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: January 29, 2022 23:45

Mr. Jimi
I'm 2 years late to this party. Not asking for a re-upload just wondering if this has been uploaded to the 1969 Tour archive page? And if so, what is it labeled as, just checked and not sure which is which.

In the vault : [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: January 30, 2022 17:51

Rank Stranger
Looks like version 1 made it into a Moonchild bootleg:

[www.dbboots.com]

Ah yes, that seems to be right.eye popping smiley

I want them to press this upgraded version again and send me a free copy.grinning smiley

Posted by: jstones ()
Date: January 30, 2022 18:16

great great great - thanks a lot

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 31, 2022 03:19

BlueTurns2Grey
Mr. Jimi

In the vault : [www.filefactory.com]

Thank you. Merci.

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: January 31, 2022 10:38

19691206 Complete Altamont IMP+ASO+NewSB

First of all, a big thank you to the creators of these sources and the people who uploaded them.
This is Altamont's longest and best sound source compilation I personally created for listening.
Since it is intended for playback as a file, it is not allocated for CDs.
The date on the cover image may be wrong or there may be some deficiencies in the details, but I hope it will reach those who can still enjoy it.

[mega.nz]

3days

Date: January 31, 2022 12:23

okenny

First of all, a big thank you to the creators of these sources and the people who uploaded them.
This is Altamont's longest and best sound source compilation I personally created for listening.
The date on the cover image may be wrong or there may be some deficiencies in the details, but I hope it will reach those who can still enjoy it.

[mega.nz]

3days

Thanks !

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: January 31, 2022 16:10

thanks

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 4, 2022 16:04

okenny

[mega.nz]

3days

Is the Sun Is Shining meant to have that loud "hiss" throughout the song?
I believe I might have a better version

Date: February 5, 2022 04:04

Eleanor Rigby
okenny

[mega.nz]

3days

Please let me know which album has the better version.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: February 5, 2022 12:06

Missed the upload by Keithpinkmoon.
I was distracted.
Thought I did download.

Date: February 5, 2022 14:46

okenny
Eleanor Rigby
okenny

[mega.nz]

3days

Will do...I'm digging thru a very old CD collection!
Ha

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: February 6, 2022 04:20

stonesmuziekfan
I was distracted.
Thought I did download.

[we.tl]

Date: February 8, 2022 00:51

gonzalo76
stonesmuziekfan
I was distracted.
Thought I did download.

[we.tl]

THX for the reup

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 8, 2022 05:58

stonesmuziekfan
gonzalo76
stonesmuziekfan
I was distracted.
Thought I did download.

[we.tl]

THX for the reup

thumbs up

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: February 8, 2022 19:52

Thanks

Date: February 9, 2022 08:16

okenny
Eleanor Rigby
okenny

[mega.nz]

3days

OK - found it.
I believe it's from (if my music library is labelled correctly) DAC098, Some Satanic Tour V2...

Do you have this?

Seems to be the same source as the original but there must have been some post-processing done??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-09 08:30 by Eleanor Rigby.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: February 9, 2022 15:52

From the vault...

DAC 098 01 1969.11.11 Phoenix, Some Satanic Tour Vol.2 + Altamont Livermore.rar [www.filefactory.com]

DAC 098 02 1969.11.24 Detroit, Olympia Stadium, Some Satanic Tour Vol. 2.rar [www.filefactory.com]

[www.dbboots.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-09 15:58 by gonzalo76.

Date: February 12, 2022 19:21

Eleanor Rigby
okenny
Eleanor Rigby
okenny

[mega.nz]

3days

OK - found it.
I believe it's from (if my music library is labelled correctly) DAC098, Some Satanic Tour V2...

Do you have this?

Seems to be the same source as the original but there must have been some post-processing done??
As for the increased hissing in "The Sun Is Shining", I checked it out by listening to the DAC and remembered something. It was because I felt that the high frequency range was not enough when I listened to NewSB, so I EQ'd it with Wavelab 8.5.
I think I raised the high frequency too much when I compared it with the DAC.
The intro to "The Sun Is Shining" is duplicated after the end of "26. Sympathy for the Devil 2", so it needs to be edited.
Thanks for the link for the DAC comparison.

Date: February 12, 2022 20:43

I hope it's okay for all who worked on this project. I gave it a try and dehissed "The Sun is Shining". It sounds good to my ears, but is maybe a nightmare for yours. I also used an audience recording and created a matrix version, to give the track more live feeling. In this case, it sounds a bit scary, a typical Altamont feeling, if you know what I mean.

"The Sun is Shining" dehissed sbd
"The Sun is Shining" dehissed matrix aud/sbd

[we.tl] good for a few days.

Posted by: strapacross ()
Date: February 12, 2022 23:33

Great work and thanks ! .... but two possible suggestions for future releases:

1) split Sympathy and Under My Thumb into 2 tracks each, as there are two song starts or versions within each, separated by long breaks where commotion was going on at the show - listeners may sometimes want to go to the second start or version, without listening to everything before ...
2) while putting in the above splits myself (using CoolEditPro), I noticed that the graphs of waveforms (sound levels) often varied a fair amount between songs, or between soundboard and audience sections of the same song, or to a lesser degree between left and right channels within songs ... given the great effort and work done to splice together different sources for a song, adjusting this would be less work ... not a complaint, just feedback or an idea

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 13, 2022 02:38

BlueTurns2Grey
I hope it's okay for all who worked on this project. I gave it a try and dehissed "The Sun is Shining". It sounds good to my ears, but is maybe a nightmare for yours. I also used an audience recording and created a matrix version, to give the track more live feeling. In this case, it sounds a bit scary, a typical Altamont feeling, if you know what I mean.

Thank you!

Date: February 13, 2022 11:23

BlueTurns2Grey

Thank you.
Aud/SB matrix has a very nice sense of presence.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: February 13, 2022 14:25

Thanks BT2G!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 13, 2022 20:28

Thanks for all the effort. Lots of work and lots of generosity!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: February 14, 2022 09:41

Thanks

Date: February 14, 2022 12:18

THX for your work dehissing this beautiful blues track.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: February 15, 2022 14:15

BlueTurns2Grey

Thank you kindly for doing this. How were you able to perfectly sych two different recordings?

Date: February 15, 2022 14:25

thkbeercan
BlueTurns2Grey

Thank you kindly for doing this. How were you able to perfectly sych two different recordings?

I synced the speed of the audience recording as good as possible, then split it in 4 parts for the overdubs and corrected each of them seperately until it sounded fine.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: February 16, 2022 14:33

BlueTurns2Grey
thkbeercan
BlueTurns2Grey

I synced the speed of the audience recording as good as possible, then split it in 4 parts for the overdubs and corrected each of them seperately until it sounded fine.

Damn that's a lot of work. Again, thanks for doing this. You'd think that with all our modern computer power and algorithms and such that we'd be able to feed the different recordings into a laptop and get a perfectly synched matrix like this!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home