Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No news about East Rutherford 2019 IEM ?
Posted by: INDIANO ()
Date: October 30, 2019 06:59

I'm not sure but in one message about the 2019 IEM recording someone talk of the release of the 2 concerts at East Rutherford, i can't find this message now, it's my mistake ? No news ?

Re: No news about East Rutherford 2019 IEM ?
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: October 30, 2019 13:42

I was speculating that it would make sense for the guys from Xavel to record both NYC shows but in the end they decided to do 2 other shows.
It was pure speculation from my side, nothing else.

Posted by: senecastj ()
Date: October 30, 2019 19:09

Y'all should try organizing your own taper coverage, IEM or AUD, instead of relying on Xavel!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 30, 2019 19:23

senecastj
Y'all should try organizing your own taper coverage, IEM or AUD, instead of relying on Xavel!

The NJ shows were covered with audience recordings and video sources used in a blue-ray project. Thanks to the piss poor remasters, attitude of a few folks on here about how we shouldn't care if that is done and people downloading and selling of the Chicago and Philly sources all involved agreed to keep NJ to friends and family.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 31, 2019 12:08

I always thought this was a great group of people here who helped each other and shared. Well, I guess I'm not family or friend. I've been waiting for the 2nd NJ show. So, we're not sharing now. Okay.

I've got a great 2002-2003 soundboard!

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 31, 2019 14:00

exilestones

Meaning what? A 2002 NJ soundboard, something to trade, or something you could have shared but were holding out on?

Date: October 31, 2019 15:47

exilestones
I always thought this was a great group of people here who helped each other and shared. Well, I guess I'm not family or friend. I've been waiting for the 2nd NJ show. So, we're not sharing now. Okay.

Do I know you? If I did you would already have it.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: October 31, 2019 21:08

exilestones

Which show from the Licks tour do you have? I am very interested in a trade if it’s an uncirculated SBD

Date: November 1, 2019 00:45

I'd be impressed if it's a soundboard that stretches from 2002-2003. Didn't think they played New Years Eve?

I have some uncirculated ALD/IEMs from 2002/2003 if you have something juicy (masters) for trade.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: November 1, 2019 01:05

I brought a pair of my own IEM's to listen to music before the shows. Does that count?

Date: November 1, 2019 02:48

senecastj
I'd be impressed if it's a soundboard that stretches from 2002-2003. Didn't think they played New Years Eve?

I have some uncirculated ALD/IEMs from 2002/2003 if you have something juicy (masters) for trade.

I got a few smileys with beer

Date: November 1, 2019 16:35

WelshEdge1
I brought a pair of my own IEM's to listen to music before the shows. Does that count?

Did you make them? Are they masters?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 1, 2019 18:44

daspyknows
senecastj

I got a few smileys with beer

You two get married! grinning smiley

Date: November 1, 2019 21:29

I did use Daspy's audience on my recent Stones IEM/AUD matrix...close as I could get?

Date: November 1, 2019 23:28

senecastj

Which shows do you have? Would be interested in a trade.

Date: November 2, 2019 00:23

Bay area shows from 2002/2003. 2005 didn't come out so well.

Date: November 2, 2019 06:49

senecastj
Bay area shows from 2002/2003. 2005 didn't come out so well.[/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-02 17:57 by henrik87.

Date: November 2, 2019 18:32

Obviously you don't know me.

I don't trade.

Date: November 2, 2019 19:12

exilestones

I don't trade.

exilestones

So, you just take and don't contribute?

Date: November 7, 2019 01:41

daspyknows
exilestones

I don't trade.

exilestones

Do you just take and don't contribute?

I contribute everyday. Take the Stones 1981-1982 Wardrobes thread. Today I posted the Ron Wood magazine (Modern Recording and Music). It cost me $20 + shipping and time and effort photoshopping and uploading and posting the magazine. That's just one little thing from that thread. Go look at though it and guess hoe many hours and money I spent just to make a well respected and much enjoyed thread. [iorr.org]

If someone request any Stones item and I can post it, I do.

I said, "I don't trade." I didn't say I don't share.

People who trade want something for what they have. I don't want anything but to share.

This whole conversation started with with someone being upset because someone else took and interest and apparently liked/love a recording and worked on the recording. I don't see where the problem lies? Why can't said person try to tweak the recording?

What's the problem with someone working on the recording. Many people here work on Stones recording;many of them great and others...not so great. I'm always happy to get and upgrade.

Then the other part of the issue was that somehow a bootlegger (not use people who share but someone who sells the recordings) sold some recording(s). I'm not condoning selling the recordings but I really don't care either. Apparently the Stones don't care either.

If selling the recordings spreads the Stones music and gets it in my hands, it's a good thing for the people who get it.

Take for example, someone here who generously buys a bootleg and posts it for us to all have. THAT'S THE BEST PERSON. TAKE THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THE STONES VAULT (I give there too - everyone should - it ain't free to run) AND THE PEOPLE WHO POST RECORDINGS AND FIX RECORDINGS AND IMPROVE RECORDINGS! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

If the bootleggers din't sell recordings there would be a lot less for all of us to have.

Now there's the traders...they want something for what they have. They are in essence selling the recordings - quid pro quo.

No I don't trade. If I have something and someone wants it. You can have it.

So why haven't I posted the great 2002-2003 recording you may wonder. It's not ready yet. The music is ready. The artwork I finally got around to sorting though thousands of photos for art work. This thread go me working on the project.

I was just going to post it and ask for help with artwork but decided to do the artwork myself. I have some other projects I worked on also. I decided to just make my own Exile Stones label.

My first EXS (Exile Stones release) will be Christmas eve this year. Yes, you are all getting a Christmas present. I have four others finished or close to finished (the music and some of the art work). Maybe I'll release the music and ask for help. It's hard to find enough hours to keep up with the Stones Wardrobes thread and other Stones projects.

Many of the photos I post take hours to find and to photoshop but I do enjoy the hobby.

Trade? No, I don't trade. You can have it all.

I know someone who has great Stones treasures (recordings that would make you shit your pants they are so great) and I'm glad I have been invited to see and hear them. I'm sad I can't have them. Some he can't trade due to agreements and loyalty to the people who got him the recordings. Also, he wants big money for them and wants Abkco, the Stones to buy them for official release. No one can be trusted to have copies due to the fact that people we trusted before and weren't trustworthy.

I'll share my Stones with everyone, even people who I don't really like. Whatever it takes to share the Stones, fine with me.

The thing that caught my attention with this thread was the 2nd 2019 NJ show which was probably the best show of the tour. I was there as well as other shows. Sorry. I have nothing to trade.

btw, I've been trusted with recording from people on this list and didn't ever mention that I had them. Sorry. I am trustworthy and wouldn't dick-over people who said I couldn't let out their material. Sometimes people's jobs are on the line with some of these recordings.

Are you looking for anything? No need to trade.

Look on Christmas eve.

Date: November 7, 2019 01:48

Here's something I worked on and shared. I gave credit to the original poster and people who made the original video. I changed the audio to a better source and added the poster in the beginning. I also added some video that wasn't available when the original DVD was made by die hard fans and gave them credit. I tweaked the original video and feel I did nice work. I didn't sell it or trade it. I gave it and even had a download link originally.

[www.youtube.com]
FOOL TO CRY 2018

Date: November 7, 2019 09:29

exilestones
daspyknows
exilestones

I don't trade.

exilestones

I contribute everyday. Take the Stones 1981-1982 Wardrobes thread. Today I posted the Ron Wood magazine (Modern Recording and Music). It cost me $20 + shipping and time and effort photoshopping and uploading and posting the magazine. That's just one little thing from that thread. Go look at though it and guess hoe many hours and money I spent just to make a well respected and much enjoyed thread. [iorr.org]

People who trade want something for what they have. I don't want anything but to share.

This whole conversation started with with someone being upset because someone else took and interest and apparently liked/love a recording and worked on the recording. I don't see where the problem lies? Why can't said person try to tweak the recording?

What's the problem with someone working on the recording. Many people here work on Stones recording;many of them great and others...not so great. I'm always happy to get and upgrade.

Then the other part of the issue was that somehow a bootlegger (not use people who share but someone who sells the recordings) sold some recording(s). I'm not condoning selling the recordings but I really don't care either. Apparently the Stones don't care either.

If selling the recordings spreads the Stones music and gets it in my hands, it's a good thing for the people who get it.

Take for example, someone here who generously buys a bootleg and posts it for us to all have. THAT'S THE BEST PERSON. TAKE THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THE STONES VAULT (I give there too - everyone should - it ain't free to run) AND THE PEOPLE WHO POST RECORDINGS AND FIX RECORDINGS AND IMPROVE RECORDINGS! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

If the bootleggers din't sell recordings there would be a lot less for all of us to have.

Now there's the traders...they want something for what they have. They are in essence selling the recordings - quid pro quo.

So why haven't I posted the great 2002-2003 recording you may wonder. It's not ready yet. The music is ready. The artwork I finally got around to sorting though thousands of photos for art work. This thread go me working on the project.

I was just going to post it and ask for help with artwork but decided to do the artwork myself. I have some other projects I worked on also. I decided to just make my own Exile Stones label.

My first EXS (Exile Stones release) will be Christmas eve this year. Yes, you are all getting a Christmas present. I have four others finished or close to finished (the music and some of the art work). Maybe I'll release the music and ask for help. It's hard to find enough hours to keep up with the Stones Wardrobes thread and other Stones projects.

Many of the photos I post take hours to find and to photoshop but I do enjoy the hobby.

I know someone who has great Stones treasures (recordings that would make you shit your pants they are so great) and I'm glad I have been invited to see and hear them. I'm sad I can't have them. Some he can't trade due to agreements and loyalty to the people who got him the recordings. Also, he wants big money for them and wants Abkco, the Stones to buy them for official release. No one can be trusted to have copies due to the fact that people we trusted before and weren't trustworthy.

I'll share my Stones with everyone, even people who I don't really like. Whatever it takes to share the Stones, fine with me.

The thing that caught my attention with this thread was the 2nd 2019 NJ show which was probably the best show of the tour. I was there as well as other shows. Sorry. I have nothing to trade.

btw, I've been trusted with recording from people on this list and didn't ever mention that I had them. Sorry. I am trustworthy and wouldn't dick-over people who said I couldn't let out their material. Sometimes people's jobs are on the line with some of these recordings.

Look on Christmas eve.

I don't trade either. I share with only 2 caveats. I do not want the recordings f'ed with and I do not want them sold. The only band I record where recordings always get f'ed with is the Rolling Stones. My experience also has been when my recordings are posted on Dime or end up on Guitars101 they end up for sale within days. Since I asked that no one do either with my efforts from this tour I was told by a few folks on here that if I do not want the recordings sold or f'ed with I shouldn't share them. You are saying the same thing. So, just doing as suggested.

I bought the expensive tickets, I bought the gear, I brought the gear in past security and I made the recordings. The folks who helped me in any way had the recording within days and are cool with my wishes. Same with friends and family whom I share links with or are in my group. You say you are trustworthy but how to I know? All I have to go by is you have an issue with my requests are trading (which I do not do). Easily a few hundred people have the recordings of both NJ shows by now but so far no one has ignored my requests and my source has not been made available for sale is the usual places. The discussion of "trades" is more tongue in cheek. For the most part the people who are taping is a small circle and we are sharing and not trading. The point of trading being like selling is laughable given your views on selling recordings. It is fine you have your opinion on remastering and sales but that is the rationale that has led to a number of tapers not publicly sharing their recordings after Chicago and Philly. Eventually they will make it into general distribution and it will be less than the 17 years it has taken to release your 2002 recording.

Date: November 7, 2019 10:08

exilestones
daspyknows
exilestones

I don't trade.

exilestones

Look on Christmas eve.

Ok boomer.

Date: November 23, 2019 01:19

I just share. Spread the music. I don't care if it gets sold, traded, remastered or whatever. I have no inner circle. However the music can reach the most people is fine with me.

Why would anyone care if some music was remastered or EQ'd or whatever you want to call it? You still have the original.

There has been a lot of people tweaking music around here and usually it's better than what we had before.

Thanks to all who share, tweak, etc... Long live the Stones Vault!

Date: November 23, 2019 06:26

exilestones
I just share. Spread the music. I don't care if it gets sold, traded, remastered or whatever. I have no inner circle. However the music can reach the most people is fine with me.

Why would anyone care if some music was remastered or EQ'd or whatever you want to call it? You still have the original.

There has been a lot of people tweaking music around here and usually it's better than what we had before.

Wonderful, it doesn't bother you if its sold or remastered. That really has does not matter to tapers. It bothers me and a bunch of other tapers who recorded the shows. That is what does matter and we made/have the recordings so it is our choice.

The remasters done on this tour that caused the drama were poorly done and EdTyre had people emailing him asking why his Philly recording was so bad. The remaster was done and then shared without noting it was a remaster. That is pissing in the trading pool. This only happens with the Stones recordings.

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: November 23, 2019 07:09

There is still a fundamental problem. It is up to the person who made the recording to decide on its future and its distribution. This is not a subject of discussion.
And if we are missing one or two recordings, because we are not on the mailing list. Most of us here don't have time to listen and re-listen to everything we download. Isn't that right?
Of course, we could mention the parable of the shepherd who has more joy for the lost sheep he finds than for all those who have remained wisely in the sheepfold, but we are not here in the spiritual realm. We just here for entertainment.
It is understandable that anyone who has made the effort of a quality recording (and has not only enjoyed the Show) is upset to see his recording marketed by thieves who certainly do not even inform him for it.
Whether we are at this kind of controversy here, where we should only be happy to share our passion, makes me think about what our modern world does with us... I, who am also a big fan of Lou Reed for example, I can no longer find an active community around this artist, no new recordings for years. With the Stones, it's abundance, an uninterrupted flow. So, thanks again to all those who contribute (mine is limited to a poor recording of the Warsaw 2018 concert).
However, I lived in Boulogne at 58 rue de Sèvres, at the corner of the entrance of the Pathé studios and from my window I even saw the parking lot! recorded the stones for years. I was about 15... and I wasn't interested in the Stones at the time. It happened just a little while later. There is still for me a riddle that I am unable to explain to my entourage, who kindly mocks me: How since all this time I have not tired of listening to the 773rd version of the HTW intro? How is that possible? How can I still have fun listening to a recording of the 2019 tour? Why was I so happy to learn that dates were scheduled for 2020? This is an unresolved issue to date!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Date: November 23, 2019 17:55

daspyknows
exilestones

Wonderful, it doesn't bother you if its sold or remastered. That really has does not matter to tapers. It bothers me and a bunch of other tapers who recorded the shows. That is what does matter and we made/have the recordings so it is our choice.

The remasters done on this tour that caused the drama were poorly done and EdTyre had people emailing him asking why his Philly recording was so bad. The remaster was done and then shared without noting it was a remaster. That is pissing in the trading pool. This only happens with the Stones recordings.

That makes sense. I didn’t know whoever messed with the recording did not make it known that they made changes. That’s more than annoying. Maybe they didn’t think of it.

It’s like putting their meddling on your work and not letting anyone know. That would certainly aggravate me.

Date: November 25, 2019 18:39

senecastj

You are too funny! New Years eve!

And why has it taken me 17 years to release it?

I misspoke. It's not a soundboard from 2002-2003. It's a compilation of high quality, perfect sound (although if anyone wants to tweak it, I'd appreciated the help). There's 2002 and 2003 performances edited down and splice together to make a faux concert.

17 years, well, it's nothing extra special. You probably have all of the tracks so you're not missing anything except this grouping of songs to enjoy as a concert. There's hardly and war horses. It's just something I enjoy listening to, I don't want to hear Sympathy and Miss You from every show. I love editing for the best stuff that I enjoy.

I put this album/concert together years ago and sent it to a few friends. One friend loved it and another criticized it. He went on and one that I didn't do it right. The slow songs show be in the middle.

I tried the slow songs in the middle. It didn't flow correctly. I was discouraged. I just moved on to the next project. There's always a project.

Right now I have a 1981 project in full swing and considering another 81 project. I go back and forth from putting together a book on the Rolling Stones to a video project of the best live performances from 1989 until now. Then there's the 1981-1982 Wardrobes thread which is a lot of work.

This past summer I was driving in my car with a friend who flew in to see the Rolling Stones with me in NJ second show (which is probably the best show of the tour). During our ride I play the 2002-2003 compilation and he love it. He wanted to know what it was and where could he get it. I explained the situation.

He said that I need to share it since it's high quality and most enjoyable to listen to! He's heard some of my other things I put together for fun and said, "You need to share this stuff with everyone. You should start the Exile Stones label!" I said, "Okay but I'l need to make artwork, Maybe I can release it and ask if someone on IORR would make the art work?'

I gave him the 2003-2003 disk and another CD of outtakes that he loves too. He told me to put that out too. Then there's the 1971 and 1973 and the 1981 projects...on and on. I said I will share them.

I didn't think they were anything special. I just like putting stuff together to listen to without the tracks that I don't want to hear. Sometimes I improve tracks with editing. Some of these songs/outtakes that get put out over and over, I think need help in the editing department. Some of the albums/CDs you could call bootlegs have the same songs on each release.

Take the 1973 material, It's been done to death. Many of the titles are great. They have different approaches to how it's organized. One is GHS as the album was released with extra tracks filled in. Another reconstructs everything and makes it a different album starting with a Silver Train Outtake. Another has a library of tracks that are available.

I download every release and save then on several HDDs. Then when I get to around to it, I compare the same song on each release and save the best sounding ones for a project. Did you know that only one of all of the GHS boots has a better sounding 100 Years Ago where the lead guitar is so much clearer and is just a better quality recording then all of the others?

My partner in crime, my friend Dan who isn't on IORR and is a very knowledgeable Stones fan, suggested we make (I make) a GHS era album. Of course we never agree on how the project should be (the order and what to include and not include). We always make two projects with basically the same material. So, I made two GHS era creations. Does anyone really want another one? OK. EXS-1973-01 and EXS 1973-02 has the music done and artwork for the front covers of the two offerings. Maybe you'll like listening to it as well as other people's projects. It's another approach to the GHS material.

The hold-up is always the artwork. I'm sure some kind soul would gladly create artwork and share it with us. The problem is I can create artwork very well. I'm well versed in photoshop and have ideas of what I want and don't want.

I did the 1971 project then got busy with work. Some of the songs need the volume raised and I have no artwork, Maybe I'll ask for help with EXS-1971-01?

Then before the 1971 project is complete the 1973 projects is in full swing. Now we're doing a 1981 project(s). Meanwhile I have the massive video project 1989-now I've been working on. It'll take a long time to finish.

With the 1981 project were back to what to include. I like the songs that are special to the tour and not warhorses. The 1981 thing we disagree on adding Miss You. I say, "NO!" he says it's a version special to the tour. I say Miss You is in every concert since 1978! Then I say, "Take Still Life for example. It's not full of the same songs from every other album. I know they're different arrangements but Still Life works well for a few reasons. The set list is fairly unique (especially at the time. Songs weren't repeated from Love You Live, etc...). Adding Miss You would make Still Life much different. Take the 1981 You Can't Always Get What you Want. Put that on Still Life and it would drag the album down. It would take away from the fast-moving eclectic collection of songs that made a cool mini American '81 concert. You Can't Always Get What You Want would help make Still Life like every other live album." He agreed about You Can't Always Get What You Want. It's on the King Biscuit Flower Hour material.

Dan and I are making two 1981 projects that are very similar. One will have more tracks including Miss You. We also went round around about which sources to use. Hampton has been overused in Still Life, King Biscuit Flower Hour, released on home video and bootlegs.

Any way, what I have to offer, you probably have, You just don't have it as I would put it together. I find it more enjoyable to cherry pick and edit. Dan says that's what the Next Track Button is for - to skip it if you don't want to hear it. I guess i could Skip Miss You from the 1981 project but I'd rather enjoy it in Hampton and elsewhere.

I'm not a sound guy at all. I never mess with the sound. I just search and search for the best sound. I'd be glad if someone improves the sound of my projects that have excellent sound to start with. I don't deal in audience recordings usually. They have to be excellent for me to keep them after I download them. Video is a different story.

I think maybe someone would redo my 1971 project better than me? That'll be out too.

17 years! Where did the time go? You aren't really missing anything with the projects I create. I hope you'll enjoy them. They flow like and album. Only the best stuff. They also have the best sound out there. I don't include songs that I don't really like to listen to over and over. I never repeat songs. I'm trying to make something enjoyable to listen to. Less is more.

My outtake/bonus track project was two CDs when it started. It was something I threw together to have some cool tracks in the car when my Stones friends come to town. They loved it! I was surprised how much I liked it. I played it over and over and got tired of some of the songs. The song I grew tired of got chopped off of the project. It got honed down to one CD. I played that one CD over and over and over. I never get tired of it, I guess I'll put that one out too? Would anyone really want it? You can easily make you own collection of outtakes and bonus tracks. Take it or leave it. It doesn't matter. Maybe you'll enjoy it like my friends a I have. Maybe you'll think it's stupid? Again, no artwork for EXS-1966-12. It's a home for orphaned loose tracks.

There's two GHS era projects complete in the audio department and both have front covers. Maybe I'll put them out with just front covers but I can make the artwork. Maybe every will say, "We don't need another GHS era boot!" Maybe you'll like a new approach that to me is more enjoyable to listen to for a few different reasons. I'll let you know the reasons when I share EXS-1973-01 and EXS-1973-02.

As far as bootleggers go as I was discussing with daspyknows, I don't care about bootleggers. Take what I worked hard on and get it out to more people would be a bonus for me. I don't own the material. I didn't invest my time, work and money in to the recordings like daspyknows did. It's not mine. I can certainly understand daspyknows points about bootleggers and taking the material he put together.

I agree with fdajef that it's up to the taper or person who created something (especially tapers) what to do with the recordings. I agree that no one should not do anything with the recording that that were privileged to be included to have.

The issue I see with this New Jersey show recording is it was probably the best show of the tour and I've been looking for it. I never imagined it wouldn't be shared with everyone. I didn't follow the drama earlier with the remastering and the bootleggers with previous injustices. I usually avoid that bull shit but here I am.

I'd never do wrong with it and always share my collection, time, money and work for this IORR community but I don't have it. I'm amazed that I don't have it. But that's really OK. Getting back the the spiritual aspect of this thread, "It's not what you have in this life but what you do with it." "It's easier for a camel to get though an eye of a needle that a rich man to get in to heaven." Sometimes I feel guilty about what I have and what others don't have and I don't have much in this world.

I really feel sorry for:

glimmertwin1
So I have to trade for Money or uncirculated recordings ?

This person really wants this recording but he isn't in the Nice Friends Club either. He has nothing to barter with. He promised to be trustworthy. Why can't he have it. I really wonder why.

I have no doubt this recording with be common before long. It always turns out that way. There's always someone who will screw you.

Sorry for the misleading "soundboard." And those who want to trade only and not share well I hope you enjoy what you have and don't regret not sharing what you have for free. I think back on my life and have regrets but at least I'm sorry for certain things. I'm not sorry for not giving. Hopefully you have no regrets.

You all get a Christmas present on Christmas eve. You don't have to share anything. It's not much but I hope you'll enjoy it. I remember a Christmas where I had nothing and nobody. I was home alone. "It's a Wonderful Life" movie came on the TV. It was the first time I saw it and enjoyed it very much. It was a Christmas present for me. It's my favorite movie. The 2002-2003 project is a Christmas present for everyone. You'll have a present for Christmas. The artwork is done too!

Now you know why it took 17 years!

Love you all,
ExileStones

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-25 19:15 by exilestones.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 26, 2019 16:56

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 26, 2019 19:44

Haha, blabbermouth. There's a word we should bring back.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home