Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hello, This Is Mick Jagger! LONDON To TOKYO April 17, 1968 (Interview)
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: October 20, 2019 12:27

Can anybody direct me to where (or if) "Hello, This Is Mick Jagger! LONDON To TOKYO April 17, 1968 (Interview)" can be found?

Re: Hello, This Is Mick Jagger! LONDON To TOKYO April 17, 1968 (Interview)
Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 20, 2019 15:35

Since this was released in the Beggers Banquet 50 yr anniv. package i guess its now official...

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: October 20, 2019 16:32

detroitken
Since this was released in the Beggers Banquet 50 yr anniv. package i guess its now official...

Although it was included with the BB ABKCO package, thus making it 'official', ABKCO would not be able to legally claim copyright on this recording. Even if they paid for the phone call! It is in the public domain.
In the USA at least, spoken word recordings, especially prior to 1972, which are press conference interviews, open phone conversations, crowd noises, ambient human sounds and spontaneous utterances are not allowed to be copyrighted. Furthermore, unless the words spoken are derived from another copyrighted work such as a poem, a dramatic reading of a play or a book or a written speech, the words can not be copyrighted or claimed as a 'performance'.
The tape itself, if it was indeed recorded on a tape, belongs to whomever recorded the conversation. But not the words or any other sounds on the tape. One could argue in court that privacy has been violated in this instance, and thus prevent the issuance of the recording. But if both Jagger and the guy from the King Record Company in Japan knew that the call was being recorded and gave permission for such, it's in the public domain.
But this rather uninteresting phone call has been widely bootlegged in the 50 years since it was made. Other recordings of it are available outside the ABKCO set. And at this stage of the game, I don't think Mick Jagger or the Japanese dude give a flying **** about it.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: October 20, 2019 21:08

100% Odd Lots...

Date: October 20, 2019 22:51

Interesting comments, thanks everybody.

I was hoping it might be in the Stones Vault, but I'm not sure how to search for it, especially as it might be under a different name if it's been widely bootlegged.

Googling it didn't come up with any results. Any suggestions about how to find a bootleg, including any other names it's gone under?

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: October 20, 2019 23:28

If memory serves, I think it was on Yellow Dog’s Black Box 4 disk edition.

Date: October 21, 2019 04:09

sandandglue
If memory serves, I think it was on Yellow Dog’s Black Box 4 disk edition.

Hmmm ... thanks for the lead. I've found mention at [bootlegpedia.com], but it doesn't appear tpo be in that one. It's not in the first (3CD) one at [bootlegpedia.com] either.

However (drum roll), further investigation shows it looks like it might be the last track on disc 4. [iorr.org] has a mention (but it refers to March 1968, not April). The link no longer works, however.

Now I think I have to discount this one. It states "call from Japan in March 1968", but not only is the subject of this matter a call to Japan (not from), but the dates don't match. I'll continue searching.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-21 05:34 by stonesman87.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: October 22, 2019 23:42

ummm...its the first track on the bootleg 100% odd lots...

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 23, 2019 08:09

stonesman87
Can anybody direct me to where (or if) "Hello, This Is Mick Jagger! LONDON To TOKYO April 17, 1968 (Interview)" can be found?

https://we.tl/t-jICu9AkVP4

Date: October 23, 2019 22:54

Interesting, thanks. Is this in fact the BB 50th anniversary flexi disc track?

Date: October 24, 2019 01:14

stonesman87
Wouldn't it be the 51st, as BB was released December 1968?

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 24, 2019 05:06

Thank you!

Date: October 24, 2019 12:46

HEILOOBAAS
stonesman87

It's still not the 51st anniversary, because BB was originally released on 6.12.68 (according to [en.wikipedia.org]).

In any event, the BB 50th anniversary release (to coincide, of course, with 50 years since, let's presume, 6.12.68) was on time in late 2018 (i.e. about a year ago).

51 years might be about to come up, but that's academic in terms of the 50th anniversary release last year. Next year it will be 52 years winking smiley

Date: October 24, 2019 16:54

stonesman87
HEILOOBAAS
stonesman87

It's still not the 51st anniversary, because BB was originally released on 6.12.68 (according to [en.wikipedia.org]).

In any event, the BB 50th anniversary release (to coincide, of course, with 50 years since, let's presume, 6.12.68) was on time in late 2018 (i.e. about a year ago).

51 years might be about to come up, but that's academic in terms of the 50th anniversary release last year. Next year it will be 52 years winking smiley

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Character assassination, not addition and subtraction, is my strong suit. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 25, 2019 00:09

HEILOOBAAS
stonesman87
HEILOOBAAS
stonesman87

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Character assassination, not addition and subtraction, is my strong suit. smiling bouncing smiley

confused smileyeye rolling smileyconfused smileyeye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home