Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Rolling Stones - Bad Trip At Altamont_JEMS_AcidProject_039
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: October 17, 2019 23:57

upload

The Rolling Stones - Bad Trip At Altamont
Atlamont Speedway
Tracy, CA
December 6, 1969

D & D Archives Master Series via JEMS and Captain Acid
Recording Gear: unknown mics > unknown recorder
Remastered by Captain Acid
Artwork by Mr. D

JEMS Transfer: first-generation cassette > Nakamichi 670 azimuth-adjusted playback > Wavelab 24/96 .wav capture > RX7 clean up > convert to 16/44 > Captain Acid mastering and pitch adjustment > FLAC

Notes:

JEMS is proud to be able to partner with and present some of the choice recordings in the D & D archives. Some of these recordings have been around for years, but none of the master tapes or safety copies in some cases have ever been digitized until now. Dave and Donn taped many shows in and around the Seattle area in the 70's and also were contemporaries of some of the JEMS members.
This recording of the infamous Altamont concert predates most D&D masters, so while they may have recorded it, we can’t say so definitively. It does seem to be an alternate source to the commonly circulated audience recordings of the show and offers a different perspective on the event, including some uncomfortable moments of audience interaction as the trouble ensues in front of the stage.
Despite a lot of audience chatter and microphone movement, this is a surprisingly clear capture of the performance, enhanced through the efforts the Captain. If nothing else, it should offer a fresh angle on a familiar and tragic show.

BK for JEMS

[we.tl]

Re: The Rolling Stones - Bad Trip At Altamont_JEMS_AcidProject_039
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 18, 2019 00:07

Thank you.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 00:12

Many thanks for another Acid project thumbs up
smileys with beer

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 00:40

Espectacular Mi Capitan!!

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 01:01

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 01:02

I am not sure if there are multiple recordings of this show, but you can clearly see a taper at the front of the stage in the GS movie. I once synched the video of SFTD with the audio tape and could see the tussling in front of the stage and hear it on the tape. The taper you could see was in the midst of it. Good for him for hanging in there. At some point this show settles down and it's a pretty good show and recording. I recall thinking that at some point the taper may have moved, perhaps to the back of the stage? I thought later in tape there is a sound quality change.

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: October 18, 2019 01:19

Thanks

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 18, 2019 01:20

Great!!!!
Thank you!
Welcome back!!

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: October 18, 2019 02:40

As one who survived that day I thank you! Coming up on the 50th...my my where does the time go...

Posted by: davidestrada ()
Date: October 18, 2019 03:08

Thank you!

Posted by: dph ()
Date: October 18, 2019 04:30

Downloading now, looking forward to it.

You can see a taper in the Gimme Shelter movie. He's a blond guy with glasses, right at the front. At one point he puts his tape recorder on top of one of the big monitors near Mick J.

Date: October 18, 2019 04:47

Don't want to be negative but... I'm a huge fan of this concert. After all, they played as if their lives depended on it. I've gone through many, many cassette dubs of this recording and I've heard better. I doubt this is first generation. The "tells" are the lack of treble on the first part and the amount of hiss on the second part, plus the missing end of Brown Sugar. Only on the very lowest generation dubs is the very end included. It isn't here. And on the best version I've heard, the very end is in mono. The rest of the dub is electronically reprocessed for stereo as it is here. I believe the original master recording is mono and I've only heard the first 45 minutes of it that way, on the extremely rare German bootleg LP Altamont which has the complete Brown Sugar.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 18, 2019 04:57

nice to see the Captain back in action!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: October 18, 2019 08:54

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: October 18, 2019 10:01

Wonderful!

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: October 18, 2019 10:25

wonderful thanks heaps

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: October 18, 2019 10:36

Thanks for another release, Captain!

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 13:20

Thank you very much CaptainAcid
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-18 13:25 by Broesel2404.

Posted by: Heartbreaker 69 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 13:36

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: October 18, 2019 13:51

dph
Don't want to be negative but... I'm a huge fan of this concert. After all, they played as if their lives depended on it. I've gone through many, many cassette dubs of this recording and I've heard better. I doubt this is first generation. The "tells" are the lack of treble on the first part and the amount of hiss on the second part, plus the missing end of Brown Sugar. Only on the very lowest generation dubs is the very end included. It isn't here. And on the best version I've heard, the very end is in mono. The rest of the dub is electronically reprocessed for stereo as it is here. I believe the original master recording is mono and I've only heard the first 45 minutes of it that way, on the extremely rare German bootleg LP Altamont which has the complete Brown Sugar.

Could be....i have just improved the tape that i have got from a friend at JEMS.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: October 18, 2019 14:28

Thank you!

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: October 18, 2019 17:41

Thank you

Posted by: JEMS ()
Date: October 18, 2019 18:58

This comes straight off a circa 1973 cassette tape of the show. It hasn't been tampered with.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: October 18, 2019 19:00

Thank you very much!
It's always a pleasure to receive one of your productions. And Mr D's covers are also excellent!

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: October 18, 2019 20:34

Thank you!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 18, 2019 21:35

THX all

Also available in Stonesvault

APCD 039 1969.12.06 Bad Trip At Altamont from DnD archives, JEMS_AcidProject_039
[www.filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-19 10:40 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 22:13

Awesome! Thanks for another release.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 23:30

CaptainAcid
upload

The Rolling Stones - Bad Trip At Altamont
Atlamont Speedway
Tracy, CA
December 6, 1969

D & D Archives Master Series via JEMS and Captain Acid
Recording Gear: unknown mics > unknown recorder
Remastered by Captain Acid
Artwork by Mr. D

JEMS Transfer: first-generation cassette > Nakamichi 670 azimuth-adjusted playback > Wavelab 24/96 .wav capture > RX7 clean up > convert to 16/44 > Captain Acid mastering and pitch adjustment > FLAC

Notes:

JEMS is proud to be able to partner with and present some of the choice recordings in the D & D archives. Some of these recordings have been around for years, but none of the master tapes or safety copies in some cases have ever been digitized until now. Dave and Donn taped many shows in and around the Seattle area in the 70's and also were contemporaries of some of the JEMS members.
This recording of the infamous Altamont concert predates most D&D masters, so while they may have recorded it, we can’t say so definitively. It does seem to be an alternate source to the commonly circulated audience recordings of the show and offers a different perspective on the event, including some uncomfortable moments of audience interaction as the trouble ensues in front of the stage.
Despite a lot of audience chatter and microphone movement, this is a surprisingly clear capture of the performance, enhanced through the efforts the Captain. If nothing else, it should offer a fresh angle on a familiar and tragic show.

BK for JEMS

[we.tl]
The audience chatter is the best thing about this gig--essential! Really gives a feeling of being there...and of danger...

Date: October 19, 2019 04:44

The other circulating audience tape is here: 1969-12-06 - Part 7: The Rolling Stones - Altamont Speedway Free Festival. I don't think this guy (George Feist) is the one visible in the movie.

Posted by: Ratano ()
Date: October 19, 2019 09:41

thanks for thisthumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home