Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Family looking for home for dad's record collection
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 13, 2019 21:19

In case anyone out there is interested. I guess you'd contact the CBC News folks for more info re contacting the family.

[www.cbc.ca]

Re: OT: Family looking for home for dad's record collection
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 14, 2019 10:47

These situations are always super sad, much respect to Amanda for asking a very reasonable price and looking for a buyer that wants to keep the collection together. So often do people inheriting collections think they are sitting on a gold mine. If there aren't any super valuable records then sadly collections really aren't worth much because of the cost of shipping, sorting, storing and selling.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 14, 2019 16:41

mattleeuk
These situations are always super sad, much respect to Amanda for asking a very reasonable price and looking for a buyer that wants to keep the collection together. So often do people inheriting collections think they are sitting on a gold mine. If there aren't any super valuable records then sadly collections really aren't worth much because of the cost of shipping, sorting, storing and selling.

agree.

besides, in the old days you were happy obtaining cdr's and later find out they were mp3 sourced.
I myself still have to check about a thousand cdr's.

I did get a full carload of cdr's and dvds from a friend and took me almost 3 months to sort them out.
The car was fully packed and at times I even could not shift gears because I could not move my arms properly.
The result was, just about 1% was useful for my collection, mostly on the dvd collection. I could throwaway some shrinked DVD versions and keep the better ones.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: October 14, 2019 20:58

I think it's difficult to ask somebody to buy something like that and then insist that they keep them.
I would buy this collection from her if only she removed the condition that I have to keep them. I would keep some, give some away and yes, sell some.
There is most likely some GEMS in this collection that could be better loved by someone passionate about the particular songs or artist.
Buying this many LP's and getting them home, storing and sorting them would be a huge undertaking.
Maybe I'll reach out to her.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 14, 2019 21:15

dennycranium
I think it's difficult to ask somebody to buy something like that and then insist that they keep them.
I would buy this collection from her if only she removed the condition that I have to keep them. I would keep some, give some away and yes, sell some.
There is most likely some GEMS in this collection that could be better loved by someone passionate about the particular songs or artist.
Buying this many LP's and getting them home, storing and sorting them would be a huge undertaking.
Maybe I'll reach out to her.

I'll go in halfs with you! (if possible)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home