Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Post: No Filter In Pasadena & Glendale (XAVEL IEM)
Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: October 8, 2019 03:01

Thanks

Posted by: senecastj ()
Date: October 8, 2019 03:18

Agreed 100%; nobody has authorization to do these recordings, either taping, sharing, or selling.

I don't know if I would go as far to say moral entitled to do whatever we want as "fan tapers". But I certainly share a disdain for bootleg tapers, as do most bands.

And touche on cutting out the middlemen. Although I think you land on the wrong conclusion. In a perfect world, folks are taping and sharing freely on internet, there is no market for bootlegs, and folks who can't tape actively participate in trying to get shows covered. I'm not suggesting hiring folks for profit, but I see nothing wrong in buying a taper a ticket, especially if they weren't going to the show to begin with. You might feel differently of course.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 8, 2019 04:12

I am almost positive XAVEL records a lot of the content it distributes hence the prevalence of Japanese shows.

Right now enjoying the hell out of this Aero show in spite of the wonky mix. Been meaning to go to Vegas for a show or 5 but just can't get it together.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 8, 2019 04:46

senecastj
Agreed 100%; nobody has authorization to do these recordings, either taping, sharing, or selling.

I don't know if I would go as far to say moral entitled to do whatever we want as "fan tapers". But I certainly share a disdain for bootleg tapers, as do most bands.

And touche on cutting out the middlemen. Although I think you land on the wrong conclusion. In a perfect world, folks are taping and sharing freely on internet, there is no market for bootlegs, and folks who can't tape actively participate in trying to get shows covered. I'm not suggesting hiring folks for profit, but I see nothing wrong in buying a taper a ticket, especially if they weren't going to the show to begin with. You might feel differently of course.

Look, I am no judge in this case. What I feel and say is based on my own experience over the years. Although my own taping days are decades ago now, I can comprehend your thoughts. In fact I was so often pissed off by the fact that some of my tapes ended up on commercial bootlegs that I began limiting my trading circle to only people who I could trust, and even then I was wrong in a few cases. Because no matter how much I want it, this is not a perfect world, it never was and likely never will be. You'll always have people who do what they shouldn't do, for whatever reason.

Consequently, I never traded tapes where I had to promise not to give them out to anybody. In fact, I lost "friends" on occasion who could listen to certain tapes in my very home, but were not allowed to make copies for themselves. Some were simply jealous, others thought I was simply an a..hole - you get the picture. To avoid all this hassle, I decided at one point to not even tell anybody about tapes I received that I was not allowed to trade. That was the best solution because it meant P.E.A.C.E. for me. The only downside was that for stuff like this, gone were the days to sit down with people, listen and discuss the music. Looks like you can't have one without the other!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-09 00:36 by retired_dog.

Date: October 8, 2019 04:46

There's a couple of Japanese tapers that sell their recordings to multiple different bootleg companies. At least one of them regularly travels to US/Europe. The mixing tends to be poor but changes based upon which company buys it. Xavel seems to get the lion's share though.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 8, 2019 04:55

Of course my own attitude has loosened up a bit since we are just buried under content (true crime and history podcasts/YouTube doscs threaten to edge out music here) and also pretty soon just about anybody who cares will be dead.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: October 8, 2019 07:55

Well now I have the proof I was looking for, and that it wasn't just because I was in the pit and high off my ass......

THE GLENDALE SHOW KICKED MAJOR ASS.

Date: October 8, 2019 17:59

retired_dog
Look, I am no judge in this case. What I feel and say is based on my own experience over the years. Although my own taping days are decades ago now, I can comprehend your thoughts. In fact I was so often pissed off by the fact that some of my tapes ended up on commercial bootlegs that I began limiting my trading circle to only people who I could trust, and even then I was wrong in a few cases. Because no matter how much I want it, this is not a perfect world, it never was and likely never will be. You'll always have people who do what they shouldn't do, for whatever reason.

Consequently, I never traded tapes where I had to promise not to give them out to anybody. In fact, I lost "friends" on occasion who could listen to certain tapes in my very home, but were not allowed to make copies for themselves. Some were simply jealous, others thought I was simply an a..hole - you get the picture. To avoid all this hassle, I decided at one point not to even tell anybody about tapes I received that I was not allowed to trade. That was the best solution because it meant P.E.A.C.E. for me. The only downside was that for stuff like this, gone were the days to sit down with people, listen and discuss the music. Looks like you can't have one without the other!

Appreciate your thoughts. And yes, on a certain level you have to accept that when you give a recording out to somebody, you are giving up any control over it.

I can see your point on the second paragraph. My solution has been pretty much to just roll other tapers. It just sorta seems to shake itself out easier as opposed to folks looking to collect everything. Just my impression.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 8, 2019 21:31

senecastj
retired_dog

Consequently, I never traded tapes where I had to promise not to give them out to anybody. In fact, I lost "friends" on occasion who could listen to certain tapes in my very home, but were not allowed to make copies for themselves. Some were simply jealous, others thought I was simply an a..hole - you get the picture. To avoid all this hassle, I decided at one point not to even tell anybody about tapes I received that I was not allowed to trade. That was the best solution because it meant P.E.A.C.E. for me. The only downside was that for stuff like this, gone were the days to sit down with people, listen and discuss the music. Looks like you can't have one without the other!

Appreciate your thoughts. And yes, on a certain level you have to accept that when you give a recording out to somebody, you are giving up any control over it.

I can see your point on the second paragraph. My solution has been pretty much to just roll other tapers. It just sorta seems to shake itself out easier as opposed to folks looking to collect everything. Just my impression.

Totally agree here. My experience has been a few people reached out from here and most got added to my group after some interaction and vetting. Seems like they were able to abide by my wishes and were appreciative. A few who told me to piss off on here found my group and I figured out pretty quickly who they were. Needless to say, if someone tells me if I share it I have no right to request it not being shared publicly or remastered are not going to be welcome in my group. If someone sends me to hold it for myself I will, if they say friends and family ok, then that's how it will be shared. Anyone contributing to something I record being sold is gone, no questions asked.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: October 9, 2019 13:58

Kennedy
Well now I have the proof I was looking for, and that it wasn't just because I was in the pit and high off my ass......

THE GLENDALE SHOW KICKED MAJOR ASS.

That was YOU???

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 9, 2019 21:00

So,good people so won’t get to enjoy some tapes of a show because bad people may sell them? That’s not fair!

Date: October 9, 2019 21:36

exilestones
So,good people so won’t get to enjoy some tapes of a show because bad people may sell them? That’s not fair!
I agree. I don't know If I actually should download It because I wonder if there is no problem with Xavel for being free only for us the iorr fans

Date: October 10, 2019 00:03

exilestones

Offer some masters up for trade then smiling smiley

Posted by: jsteve2 ()
Date: October 10, 2019 00:14

senecastj
exilestones

Offer some masters up for trade then smiling smiley

Sencastj, Im looking for a copy of Burl's Creek if you know of one I can trade. I Have a nice Uncirculated copy of Miami that I did.

Date: October 10, 2019 00:15

Don't have it or know anybody who does--sorry.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 10, 2019 02:11

Thank you very kindly Andrea82 !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 12, 2019 12:29

Dan
pretty soon just about anybody who cares will be dead.

My guts tell me that will be the time when the hoarded stuff will start to circulate freely. Enjoy the irony! confused smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 12, 2019 21:08

Xavels IEM available on Dime

Torrent #659663 The Rolling Stones -- The Rose Bowl Pasadena, CA 2019-08-22
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Torrent #659664 The Rolling Stones -- State Farm Stadium Glendale, AZ 2019-08-26
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-12 21:15 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: mexicanrstone ()
Date: October 15, 2019 20:42

Please re-up. Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home