Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Post: No Filter In Pasadena & Glendale (XAVEL IEM)
Posted by: toomanycds ()
Date: October 5, 2019 06:13

Many thanks for sharing this

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: October 5, 2019 11:04

Thanks a lot to share it with us!

Posted by: stone3009 ()
Date: October 5, 2019 11:26

Many thanks for sharing thisonehot smiley

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: October 5, 2019 15:52

Thank you!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 5, 2019 19:23

Andrea - Thank you so much for sharing your new silvers here on IORR a magnificent gesture - Thank you also for your time and generosity. thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: October 5, 2019 19:37

senecastj
DiegoGlimmerStones
WelshEdge1
DiegoGlimmerStones
Thank you Andrea! I hope this is official and exclusively free for us the Iorr fans with the consent of the label. Thank you so much for sharing my friend!! Let's enjoy ;-)thumbs upsmileys with beer

Like the label had the consent of The Rolling Stones to release a recording like this?
I think so, if the content is not an official release or a copy and it's not for sale, sharing fan material for a fan is nice

Absolutely not. This is a bootleg from start to finish, not recorded with band permission and certainly not sold with their permission.

Also false advertising. It sounds like a single Mick IEM feed (not multiple feeds) with some wonky remastering. Not to my tastes.

Each to their own taste and comments no problem with that but Andrea82 has bought these CD's and taken the time to upload them here. I think appreciation should be acknowledged.As I said if you don't like the recordings that's fine also. Me I appreciate people taking the time, spending money and making them available here for free. I applaud that.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 5, 2019 22:48

Tonstone
senecastj
DiegoGlimmerStones
WelshEdge1
DiegoGlimmerStones
Thank you Andrea! I hope this is official and exclusively free for us the Iorr fans with the consent of the label. Thank you so much for sharing my friend!! Let's enjoy ;-)thumbs upsmileys with beer

Like the label had the consent of The Rolling Stones to release a recording like this?
I think so, if the content is not an official release or a copy and it's not for sale, sharing fan material for a fan is nice

Absolutely not. This is a bootleg from start to finish, not recorded with band permission and certainly not sold with their permission.

Also false advertising. It sounds like a single Mick IEM feed (not multiple feeds) with some wonky remastering. Not to my tastes.

Each to their own taste and comments no problem with that but Andrea82 has bought these CD's and taken the time to upload them here. I think appreciation should be acknowledged.As I said if you don't like the recordings that's fine also. Me I appreciate people taking the time, spending money and making them available here for free. I applaud that.

Just like Tonstone has said!!!

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: October 5, 2019 23:29

as one who stood at the front of Pit 2 and had a freakin' blast in AZ let me say thanks...on JJF the first bit is a bit flat sounding but about a third of the way in it opens up and rocks!!! thanks mucho...I still plan on buying it my self but I'll probably have to wait a bit as my allowance is already spoken for with the "Let It Bleed " box, The "Complete Band of Gypsys" box set, a new Peter Green comp from his Mac days and last but not least the "Arthur" box set by the Kinks...whew...

Posted by: senecastj ()
Date: October 6, 2019 00:44

Tonstone
senecastj
DiegoGlimmerStones
WelshEdge1
DiegoGlimmerStones

Oh I have no issue with Andrea82 and the upload.

My beef is with the taper who goes to shows with the intention of selling the recording to bootleg labels, which gives the rest of us tapers a bad name. Same goes for the bootleg labels themselves.

So kudos to Andrea82 for liberating the recording, and hopefully nobody else will buy it. And hopefully the taper and bootleg company gets a rock in their shoe on a morning run, resulting in a nice blister.

Date: October 6, 2019 02:41

senecastj
Tonstone
senecastj
DiegoGlimmerStones
WelshEdge1
DiegoGlimmerStones

My beef is with the taper who goes to shows with the intention of selling the recording to bootleg labels, which gives the rest of us tapers a bad name. Same goes for the bootleg labels themselves.

So kudos to Andrea82 for liberating the recording, and hopefully nobody else will buy it. And hopefully the taper and bootleg company gets a rock in their shoe on a morning run, resulting in a nice blister.

Well said senicastj, nice reply and I respect your comments also. If you are a taper I appreciate your time and efforts if you are liberating recordings.

As for the tapers who sell to the labels I get your sentiments and I know how that goes having had a few of my recordings hijacked and sold on. Unlike others perhaps if they hoarded their tapes we may never hear them. At the end of the day it is a vicious circle and sometimes we have to be thankful for what is out there, however it get's out.smileys with beer

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 6, 2019 02:55

Posted by: Ebling ()
Date: October 6, 2019 03:04

Thank you

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: October 6, 2019 08:22

Very generous. Thank you.

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: October 6, 2019 10:58

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: October 7, 2019 00:18

Huge thanks and much appreciated.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 7, 2019 02:16

senecastj
Tonstone
senecastj
DiegoGlimmerStones
WelshEdge1
DiegoGlimmerStones

Without bootleg labels and people who sell live recordings and outtakes to bootleg labels approximately more than 90% of all widely circulating unofficial Stones stuff would still be in the hands of a very small exclusive circle. Would it be a better world for 99% of the Stones fans with no "exclusive connections"? Would the Stones benefit from such a situation in any way?

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: October 7, 2019 03:48

Espectacular!!Muchas Gracias!!

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: October 7, 2019 07:20

Thank you!thumbs up

Date: October 7, 2019 07:24

There is no reason that live recordings of the Stones in 2019 need to be sold, other than greed.

There's such a huge presence and acceptance of selling bootlegs among the Stones crowd from what I understand. Bit of a catch-22, because it discourages many tapers (including myself) from sharing, as it'll be sold. But then people buy because folks don't share enough.

I know some fanbases actively seek out tapers, buy them tickets, and then share amongst themselves. Perhaps that something folks here could do. Just a though.

Date: October 7, 2019 08:44

senecastj
There is no reason that live recordings of the Stones in 2019 need to be sold, other than greed.

There's such a huge presence and acceptance of selling bootlegs among the Stones crowd from what I understand. Bit of a catch-22, because it discourages many tapers (including myself) from sharing, as it'll be sold. But then people buy because folks don't share enough.

I know some fanbases actively seek out tapers, buy them tickets, and then share amongst themselves. Perhaps that something folks here could do. Just a though.

Well, "sharing amongst themselves" obviously means closed small circle sharing, otherwise it's impossible to prevent tapes from reaching the hands of bootleggers. That would mean the end of free sharing on sites like this.

Also, paying tapers for recording shows is just another business that has nothing to do with free sharing. In the end, legally it makes no difference if a taper gets payed by "fanbases" for tickets and expenses or payed by bootleg companies, it's just that the taper could possibly sleep better because he feels that morally, he's sitting on a higher horse than a taper who sells his recording to a bootleg company.

It's a fishy subject, I know, and I'm well aware of bootlegger's greed, but also of the fact that without their business, a lot of material like soundboards or studio outtakes would never have seen the light of day.

I think the true heroes are people like Andrea82 who actually pay for material like this and don't hesitate to share it here without asking for anything, let alone money, not even for tickets.

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: October 7, 2019 15:02

retired_dog
Without bootleg labels and people who sell live recordings and outtakes to bootleg labels approximately more than 90% of all widely circulating unofficial Stones stuff would still be in the hands of a very small exclusive circle. Would it be a better world for 99% of the Stones fans with no "exclusive connections"? Would the Stones benefit from such a situation in any way?

that was maybe true about 20 years ago. but these days sellers are just a pain in the ass and hurt the collectors MUCH more than they benefit. most recent bootlegs are "stolen" from the internet, and the few original bootlegs like this xavel one are HORRIBLE quality. just listen to some fan-made u2 iem/aud mixes to get a picture of what is possible when such a thing is done right by fans. i rather listen to the great aud tape of pasadena than this xavel crap.

and the worst thing is: xavel makes aud-taping by fans harder, so your chances for a good recording get smaller by buying this bootleg.
---
btw: thanks a LOT andrea82 for sharing the bootleg. you are a great soul!

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: October 7, 2019 15:54

First of all, thank you for sharing.
2nd of all, I support free commerce and that profit is not a dirty word.Some people don't know what a zip file of flac file is. They want to buy physical media for their collection. If there were no demand for this product, nobody would make it. Greed? Not in my opinion. You want to talk about greed? Look at your local Starbucks. $6.00 for a Costa Lotta Latte? Only to rent it for 20 minutes? ;-)

Date: October 7, 2019 17:18

I remember being offered $1000 by a bootleg company for an ALD + IEM recording I did in 2002. It was tempting but glad I declined (especially for a young new taper). It's a deep rabbit hole to go down once you start selling. From most of the tapers I know, once you're known as a seller, the exchange of recordings dries up. After all, if you're selling your recordings, I have no faith that you wouldn't sell mine.

In any case, I strongly feel that selling of the recordings crosses a line. Most bands I know don't mind (but don't endorse) fans running recording gear at concerts, but almost all universarily despise the selling of bootlegs. Unfortunately most bands can't quite tell the difference, and fan tapers get hit harder as a result.

Like I said before, it's a catch-22. I taped eight IEM feeds from the Santa Clara 2019 show. However, because of a high likelihood of it being sold and/or remastered at poor quality, I probably won't release it. But that also means less recordings out there, increasing demand for bootlegs.

The bootleg selling element is commonplace in many fanbases, but seems very strong among the Stones community. I agree with most of what ThinAir stated above, particularly about the mediocre quality of the Xavel IEM releases.

Anyways, I know I'm blowing hot air into the wind, people gonna buy what they buy. I'll keep taping and sharing with other tapers. Maybe one day I'll release a Stones mix like I've done with a bunch of other bands.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: October 7, 2019 17:28

senecastj
I remember being offered $1000 by a bootleg company for an ALD + IEM recording I did in 2002. It was tempting but glad I declined (especially for a young new taper). It's a deep rabbit hole to go down once you start selling. From most of the tapers I know, once you're known as a seller, the exchange of recordings dries up. After all, if you're selling your recordings, I have no faith that you wouldn't sell mine.

In any case, I strongly feel that selling of the recordings crosses a line. Most bands I know don't mind (but don't endorse) fans running recording gear at concerts, but almost all universarily despise the selling of bootlegs. Unfortunately most bands can't quite tell the difference, and fan tapers get hit harder as a result.

Like I said before, it's a catch-22. I taped eight IEM feeds from the Santa Clara 2019 show. However, because of a high likelihood of it being sold and/or remastered at poor quality, I probably won't release it. But that also means less recordings out there, increasing demand for bootlegs.

The bootleg selling element is commonplace in many fanbases, but seems very strong among the Stones community. I agree with most of what ThinAir stated above, particularly about the mediocre quality of the Xavel IEM releases.

Anyways, I know I'm blowing hot air into the wind, people gonna buy what they buy. I'll keep taping and sharing with other tapers. Maybe one day I'll release a Stones mix like I've done with a bunch of other bands.

There are probably 1000's of people who would love to hear the fruits of your labor.
I'd encourage you to share your tape outside the trader circles. While I understand and will respect your wishes,I'd love to be able to see fans who attended this show be able to relive a memory.
It is your recording, however and I understand if you decide to keep it inside of trader circles.
Thanks for taping the show. It requires a lot of effort and it does prevent you from enjoying the show as much as just an attendee does.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-07 17:29 by dennycranium.

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: October 7, 2019 17:29

Merci Andrea!

Date: October 7, 2019 17:38

dennycranium
senecastj

There are probably 1000's of people who would love to hear the fruits of your labor.
I'd encourage you to share your tape outside the trader circles. While I understand and will respect your wishes,I'd love to be able to see fans who attended this show be able to relive a memory.
It is your recording, however and I understand if you decide to keep it inside of trader circles.
Thanks for taping the show. It requires a lot of effort and it does prevent you from enjoying the show as much as just an attendee does.

If I had reasonable confidence that it would get bootlegged and/or remastered without permission, I probably would. I don't think that's a realistic expectation at this point though.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 7, 2019 18:56

senecastj

Couldn't say it better myself. My recordings of the tour weren't shared here or on Dime for just that reason. I too was offered many thousands for what was the FIRST U2 recording made with digital gear during the Joshua Tree tour. I turned it down too A cassette copy of it made its way to Italy and was pressed as a silver. 20 years later I posted the digital source on the U2 torrent site and people questioned the lineage.

Many folks have gotten my Stones recordings but they are the honorable type and my source isn't on a bootleg site for sale nor has it been poorly remastered. I look forward to the IEM mix of Santa Clara and won't share it publicly since that is the way it has to be. Those who insist on buying this stuff can waste their money when the downloads are free. I just buy tickets, tape myself and share either publicly or privately depending on the band.

Date: October 7, 2019 22:22

senecastj

The fact that the bootleg selling element seems to be particularily strong among the Stones community is likely rooted in the fact that a good portion of Stones live and outtake material from their heyday was (and to a certain degree still is) for many decades held up in legal disputes with their former manager Allen Klein and also by the apparent disinterest of the band to do releases aimed at their hardcore fanbase. Bootleggers just filled a gap, and no matter what I think about the commercial aspect, in the pre-internet days I would not have wanted to live without Welcome To New York, Philadelphia Special, Brussels/Europe 1973, Handsome Girls 1978, Chess and other 60's outtakes, Trident Mixes, CS Blues, Some Girls Outtakes, Lonely At The Top and other stuff - bootleg releases that most likely added something to their legacy and "legend status", but that's a different topic.

This situation has gradually changed since a decade or so when the Stones started to loosen their tight grip on their archives a bit, but there's still a long way to go to come anywhere close to the likes of the Beatles, Dylan, Presley, Springsteen and other top shelve artists.

What you propose is actually taping and giving out the recordings to not more than a small handful of fellow and well-trusted collectors, because there simply is no other way to prevent the recordings from landing in the hands of commercial bootleggers.

If that's your way, fine with me, fair game. I only ask myself why you openly discuss it here. Out of hundreds of people who would download a show from you here you may be able to convince a lot of people not to give it out to bootleggers, but you can't trust everybody - just as on Dime and other free downloading sites all these "free trade only - don't sell"-terms don't prevent commercial bootleggers from downloading the material they want, even without paying anybody. It's a bit like praying for a better world or like an open letter to the people not to steal bicycles anymore - while the intention is good, the outcome will be most likely disappointing.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-07 22:28 by retired_dog.

Date: October 7, 2019 23:04

Tonstone
senecastj
DiegoGlimmerStones
WelshEdge1
DiegoGlimmerStones

I just want to say thank you so much Andrea82 for sharing this wonderful gift. I really appreciate this material, I think it's fantastic. I really think that Andrea is someone so kind and considerate and I love that she can make it available to all of us in a very kind way. I just ask if we have Xavel's authorization to download their material for free because they are selling it to other people

Date: October 8, 2019 00:28

DiegoGlimmerStones
Tonstone
senecastj
DiegoGlimmerStones
WelshEdge1
DiegoGlimmerStones

I just want to say thank you so much Andrea82 for sharing this wonderful gift. I really appreciate this material, I think it's fantastic. I really think that Andrea is someone so kind and considerate and I love that she can make it available to all of us in a very kind way. I just ask if we have Xavel's authorization to download their material for free because they are selling it to other people

Let's make one point clear once and for all: Noone here has any authorization of any kind to do anything with this kind of recordings. Simply noone. The least people who could voice any complaints are the people behind Xavel who use unauthorized recordings, press them onto discs without any authorization of any kind and make money without any authorization of any kind.

But the same goes also for the so-called "fan tapers". It's just that they think they are, if not legally, then morally entitled to do what they do because there's no money involved.

Although, the more I think about it, starting this discussion here while at the same time dangling a carrot in front of our faces in the form of a multichannel IEM feed from Santa Clara and mentioning tapers getting paid for tickets and what not by "fan communities" to record shows smells a bit like someone trying to cut out the middlemen (the bootleggers and third parties selling to bootleggers). But maybe I'm just reading too much between the lines.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home