Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I'm back...
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 19, 2019 05:17

stonesmuziekfan
daspyknows
[www.hightail.com]

I am Interested !

Could you post a big old file to check download speed or send it to me privatly.
I am on the threshold to pay for a renewal of one of Stonesvault accounts.
I have blazing fast fiber so uploads and downloads of a typical flac show are sub 1 minute. A blue ray is 10 mins.

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: August 19, 2019 09:43

Great news that you're back on board.

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: August 19, 2019 10:39

LiveAtHidepark

To Eibert : Imagine you record yourself a show or imagine you put in general circulation an old tape you have unearthed. Suddenly someone makes a "remaster" and claims "this is my remaster and it's far better". You listen to this "work", and, 98 % of the times, it's a downgrade, it's inferior, overprocessed, metallic sound, lifeless. Keep in mind that there are people here who think themselves are better sound engeeners than most proffessional engeeneers. These people can even "remix (?)" an official album, a true performance. I admire these people who are able to remix without the multitrack source.
And do I have to speak about people who make faked outtakes ?

So, "daspyknows" is angry ? - Maybe he have some legitimate reasons to be.

?

I know, you're right. I said if he would hold the tapes for a selected group, it's his decision and it's a pity. I only, and I think I won't be the only one, hope that he will reconsider this decision. And again, if not than it's a pity. No hard feelings. Maybe to those who thought they could improve the work of another and did not.

Eiber

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 19, 2019 10:44

Welcome Home.
I had a complaint from a Filmer last year on my Paris 2 show and I took it offline after that.
After all, THAT person filmed it. It took their time, effort and SPEND on the ticket price to get a great filming location.
I respect that ... unfortunately in hindsight
However, with reflecting, I SHOULD have asked first, especially as it was a significant part of the DVD and it wasn’t me that filmed the video anyway
I learned a lot from that ... now I will ask for permission if the video from YouTube is a significant part in the merged video I create
If I get a NO, it’s not a third world problem .....

I just keep it to myself

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: August 19, 2019 13:03

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 19, 2019 14:57

daspyknows
stonesmuziekfan
daspyknows
[www.hightail.com]

I am Interested !

Could you post a big old file to check download speed or send it to me privatly.
I am on the threshold to pay for a renewal of one of Stonesvault accounts.
I have blazing fast fiber so uploads and downloads of a typical flac show are sub 1 minute. A blue ray is 10 mins.

I have to settle for 4 mins on a 2CD download.
Uploads take twice this time.
Of course this is depending on the package with your provider.

Well, .... probably a disapointment for most of the downloaders ,,,, The renewal on this filefactory account has already been processed this weekend by my parner in Stonesvault, so I will stay on Filefactory for new uploads.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: August 20, 2019 08:21

stonesmuziekfan

Well, .... probably a disapointment for most of the downloaders ,,,, The renewal on this filefactory account has already been processed this weekend by my parner in Stonesvault, so I will stay on Filefactory for new uploads.

Stonesmuziekfan - I can't speak for others on the board, but *IF* Hightail is a significantly better long term solution for Stonesvault, then the fact that the FF account has just been renewed is annoying but shouldn't really stop you from moving to HT. I'm sure there would be enough people here willing to contribute to the 'duplicate' cost of moving to HT now (and long term it sounds like it might be cheaper anyway). I'm happy to send you $25 towards it; you'd only need 4 more people to do the same (I think it's $144 a year? That would leave enough for a beer too!).

syrel

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 20, 2019 11:39

syrel
stonesmuziekfan

Stonesmuziekfan - I can't speak for others on the board, but *IF* Hightail is a significantly better long term solution for Stonesvault, then the fact that the FF account has just been renewed is annoying but shouldn't really stop you from moving to HT. I'm sure there would be enough people here willing to contribute to the 'duplicate' cost of moving to HT now (and long term it sounds like it might be cheaper anyway). I'm happy to send you $25 towards it; you'd only need 4 more people to do the same (I think it's $144 a year? That would leave enough for a beer too!).

syrel

Not enough would contribute to move everything across I’m sure
The vault must be massive by now

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: August 20, 2019 14:08

midimannz
syrel
stonesmuziekfan

syrel

Not enough would contribute to move everything across I’m sure
The vault must be massive by now

At this moment there are some 9,000 (nine thousand!) rar/zip files in the Vault, and that's not counting the official releases and the ones that tapers asked not to share...

Chris from Belgium

Date: August 20, 2019 15:04

I checked the amount stored.
It is over 9 terrabite

The todays rate is $144 a year but you know rates will rise each year plus we like the stonesvault tostay alive for many years.

Think of the hours reuploading 9 terrabite.
The time I spend uploading past 5 years is massive.
Hours creating rar files.
24/7 uploading ......... indeed day and night, sometime two weeks in a row and meanwhile uploading ....... creating a new series to be uploaded.
I would need a team of a least xx people to help reuploading.

And this because some people hate the download time from Filefactory ?? >>>> would these people help reuploading ??? ........ Think not. Even think they did not support Stonesvault by donating.

Sorry, then I stop.
find someone else to continue stonesvault.
I love sharing my collection for wich I made this prommise to myself, but I realy get sick of it all.
I don't say goodbey yet, but don't push me !!!!

angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley

I think that I care too much and therefore I don't feel well. It is actually not worth it to me anymore.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-21 15:00 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: August 20, 2019 18:26

OK, forget I said anything. We all sure appreciate the stonesvault around here. smileys with beer

syrel

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 18:35

Welcome back Chris

Guido

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 20, 2019 18:51

stonesmuziekfan
I checked the amount stored.
It is over 9 terrabite

The todays rate is $144 a year but you know rates will rise each year plus we like the stonesvault tostay alive for many years.

Think of the hours reuploading 9 terrabite.
The time I spend uploading past 5 years is massive.
Hours creating rar files.
24/7 uploading ......... indeed day and night, sometime two weeks in a row and meanwhile uploading ....... creating a new series to be uploaded.
I would need a team of a least xx people to help reuploading.

And this because some people hate the download time from Filefactory ?? >>>> would these people help reuploading ??? ........ Think not. Even think they did not support Stonesvault by donating.

Sorry, then I stop.
find someone else to continue stonesvault.
I love sharing my collection for wich I made this prommise to myself, but I realy get sick of it all.
I don't say goodbey yet, but don't push me !!!!

angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley

I think that I care too much and therefore I don't feel well. It is actually not worth it to me anymore. My heart is beating in my throat. I am going to bed.

Hey Jaap, don't let the BS get you down.........If someone wants to download for nothing, they can......"Go and watch the football or...........then come back to your PC and get your show"...............

If 'you' don't like football and want it straightaway pay for a premium account, it's not a lot especially when you consider, years ago the only way to get shows was to go to a Record fair and pay....£25 - £30 Euros - $30 for ONE show.....or send off to Japan and wait a month.........

All this precious BS about downloaders getting everything for nothing and FAST is petty crap....................

Stonesvault is a legend in it's own lifetime ...................and long may it continue with the appropriate appreciation.......Thanks to Jaap & Chris....(& Chris from Belguim..................smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Date: August 20, 2019 20:09

syrel
OK, forget I said anything. We all sure appreciate the stonesvault around here. smileys with beer

syrel

I forgot to say thanks for your thoughts
smileys with beer

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: August 22, 2019 08:33

I'm a simple fan since 1976 (discover Got Live if you want it !... on a very old LP). Before, just saw angie clip and heared Satisfaction somewhere.
On 1981, heared my first Boots on
On 1982's, bought my first boots,
I'm a poor contributor : the last Warsaw show in poor quality.
I'm a regular money supporter of stone vault.
As a simple fan, one more time : thanks for all !

Posted by: Ratano ()
Date: September 3, 2019 20:48

welcomesmileys with beer chris

Posted by: hasenfuss ()
Date: September 6, 2019 15:50

thumbs uphot smileythumbs up

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: September 6, 2019 19:43

Good to see you're back.thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home