Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I'm back...
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: August 18, 2019 13:15

I got (and still get) mails to return, so I decided to come back to IORR.
People can ask me again for re-uploads to WT or other stuff.

Maybe I should apologize to those I offended in the "messenger boy" post, but I still have strong feelings about the post Ed send to rskinno.

From now on, if someone asks to (re-)up a remaster, I will only do it if they promise that it is only for personal use and only through a link in a private e-mail; I will not post the links here. (you can find my e-mail address by clicking on my username)

One remark though for the tapers; If you do not want your recording being remastered and published, use a mailing list and do not post here, on Dime or wherever.

And as for the Stonesvault; no one asks you money to download, except if you do not have the patience to let the download running for X hours in the background. (then, indeed, you will have to pay to get a "premium account")

Chris from Belgium

Re: I'm back...
Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: August 18, 2019 13:59

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: August 18, 2019 14:06

thumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 18, 2019 14:19

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up ... good one Chris............

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 14:21

We love you
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Mander2311 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 14:45

Good to see you aginhot smileysmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: August 18, 2019 14:58

Good to see you’re back again

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: August 18, 2019 15:05

Thank you hot smiley

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: August 18, 2019 15:13

Welcome back, Chris!

This place is not the same without you.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 18, 2019 15:37

First few days I thought you would be gone for ever or for at least ages.
Yesterday I did get the feeling it would not be this long, but surprise surprise.
Welcome back !

coowouters
One remark though for the tapers; If you do not want your recording being remastered and published, use a mailing list and do not post here, on Dime or wherever.

And as for the Stonesvault; no one asks you money to download, except if you do not have the patience to let the download running for X hours in the background. (then, indeed, you will have to pay to get a "premium account")

In addition to tapers; Don't even mention you are taping shows.

In addition to downloaders; Note download links in a textfile, then after a while (in my case 3 or 4 months) take a months premium (only little money required).
I did the same in the days with Rapidshare.com and could download 60 or 70 links in two days time and had the benefit of the premium account for a whole month.
Of course I had to be patient in the time collecting the links in this text file.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 18, 2019 16:04

Good to see you're back! Welcome.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 18, 2019 16:25

Great!!!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: August 18, 2019 16:34

Great to have you back Chris....Great to have you anywhere...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 18, 2019 17:04

IORR wouldn't be the same without a bit of melodrama... thumbs up

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: August 18, 2019 17:10

Great to see you back,you know the rest of this sentence...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 18, 2019 18:29

Not trying to fan the flames but I know it will

If you do not want your recording being remastered and published, use a mailing list and do not post here, on Dime or wherever.

That is what has been done with the good recordings for a number of shows on the tour. This only happens with Rolling Stones recordings and many people are missing out because a few wannabe audio engineers insist on doing this.

We will disagree on this. I maintain my archives on a hightail account that I pay $10 a month for to backup my archives. It is free for all to access and full speed. There is no need to pay for a premium account which is benefiting someone. On my info files I make a note of not sharing on sites like that. I am also for Net Neutrality and this is the argument for it. If you pay more you get bandwidth.

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: August 18, 2019 19:01

daspyknows

If you do not want your recording being remastered and published, use a mailing list and do not post here, on Dime or wherever.

That is what has been done with the good recordings for a number of shows on the tour. This only happens with Rolling Stones recordings and many people are missing out because a few wannabe audio engineers insist on doing this.

We will disagree on this. I maintain my archives on a hightail account that I pay $10 a month for to backup my archives. It is free for all to access and full speed. There is no need to pay for a premium account which is benefiting someone. On my info files I make a note of not sharing on sites like that. I am also for Net Neutrality and this is the argument for it. If you pay more you get bandwidth.

And will this mean you’re still keeping your taped shows only available for a few selected fans? If so it’a pity. It’s your decision but you make lots of fans worldeide sad, very sad.
Eibert

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: August 18, 2019 19:50

Good news!!!!

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: August 18, 2019 20:22

Welcome back Chris!

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: August 18, 2019 20:33

To Coowouters : Welback home ! You're precious. Very precious.

To Eibert : Imagine you record yourself a show or imagine you put in general circulation an old tape you have unearthed. Suddenly someone makes a "remaster" and claims "this is my remaster and it's far better". You listen to this "work", and, 98 % of the times, it's a downgrade, it's inferior, overprocessed, metallic sound, lifeless. Keep in mind that there are people here who think themselves are better sound engeeners than most proffessional engeeneers. These people can even "remix (?)" an official album, a true performance. I admire these people who are able to remix without the multitrack source.
And do I have to speak about people who make faked outtakes ?

So, "daspyknows" is angry ? - Maybe he have some legitimate reasons to be.

?

Date: August 18, 2019 21:23

daspyknows

For me, it doesn't fan the flames; it's a civilized discussion where people explain their views and explain how they work.

The problem with a mailing list is that you have to be absolutely sure that ALL recipients are trustworthy. And even if they are, some are a member of one or more other "mailing groups" and might, even if they mention your requests, share or trade your recording(s) and eventually, somewhere down the line, your recording(s) get into the open (be it untouched or remastered).

As for your "Hightail account", I do have a couple of questions;
Does it have unlimited storage capacity?
Is it a "for life" account?
Do people who want to download something have to get a membership (free or also $10 a month)?
If this is really free for downloaders, would you please be so kind as to give us the name of this service, it might be a substitute for Filefactory.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: August 18, 2019 21:40

Chris,
The only thing I'm gonna say:
Glad to see you back!
And:
Thanks!
Cheers
Hervé

Date: August 18, 2019 21:58

coowouters

As for your "Hightail account", I do have a couple of questions;
Does it have unlimited storage capacity?
Is it a "for life" account?
Do people who want to download something have to get a membership (free or also $10 a month)?
If this is really free for downloaders, would you please be so kind as to give us the name of this service, it might be a substitute for Filefactory.

Unlimited storage and as long as one pays monthly or annually it is for life. Actually $12/month. It is free to download, no account needed. It can be set up with or without security. It also allows direct transfers between other services like google drive, dropbox and a few others. It is geared for business collaboration but works well for sharing music. A few other tapers use it also and I switched from wetransfer after they limited emails when sending links.

[www.hightail.com]

Date: August 18, 2019 22:00

daspyknows

Unlimited storage and as long as one pays monthly or annually it is for life. Actually $12/month. It is free to download, no account needed. It can be set up with or without security. It also allows direct transfers between other services like google drive, dropbox and a few others. It is geared for business collaboration but works well for sharing music. A few other tapers use it also and I switched from wetransfer after they limited emails when sending links.

[www.hightail.com]

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Chris from Belgium

Date: August 18, 2019 22:13

Question (just to make sure, I'm not a native English speaker);

What do they mean by:
"File size send limit 100MB / 25GB / 50GB / 100GB"?
Is that the size of the file (for example; with pro, I can upload several very large files, up to 25 GB, but I will still have unlimited storage, like 53 X 20 GB files)?
"Storage space 2GB / Unlimited / Unlimited / Unlimited"

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 18, 2019 22:41

Good to see you back here Chris! smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 19, 2019 00:06

Glad to know you are willing to be still here Chris!
You are one of the important members here, one of the IORR captains (Colonel tbw) like a few others, so yes this place is not the same without you mate!
But please have in mind that it's important to enjoy the trip!
Best!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 19, 2019 00:10

@daspyknows, thanks for the hightail data!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 19, 2019 02:24

daspyknows
[www.hightail.com]

I am Interested !

Could you post a big old file to check download speed or send it to me privatly.
I am on the threshold to pay for a renewal of one of Stonesvault accounts.

Date: August 19, 2019 05:15

coowouters
Question (just to make sure, I'm not a native English speaker);

What do they mean by:
"File size send limit 100MB / 25GB / 50GB / 100GB"?
Is that the size of the file (for example; with pro, I can upload several very large files, up to 25 GB, but I will still have unlimited storage, like 53 X 20 GB files)?
"Storage space 2GB / Unlimited / Unlimited / Unlimited"

Thats filesize per link. A blue ray dvd is less than that.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home