Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Being the messenger boy
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 3, 2019 18:36

I feel offended

comment Dime page 1
#8168146 by edtyre at 2019-07-24 16:03:10 GMT
[avatar inaccessible]
In comment #8168118 daspyknows wrote something like this:
Good job Ed.Team Schoeps delivers again.
How long until we see this matrixed with a phone recording or remastered on IORR?
Ed says Thanks
My friends and fans have MINE, who cares about the rest
(edit SMF, so green light to do remastering ?

comment Dime page 3
#8168239 by edtyre at 2019-07-24 18:40:29 GMT
I share everything and don't mind people using for video
JUST DON'T F#CK WITH IT!!
That's what will happen with me as well, i'm going to more shows too
(edit SMF, still reasonable after Daspyknows telling No idiotic "remasters" or "matrixes" with phone recordings of this one.

I did send the RSKinno remaster to Ed and in reply this is the surprise I received this morning from Ed:

This is some total f#cking b#llshit
My recording doesn't need f#cking with, he made it worse, way worse
me and daspyknows have $25,000 playback systems, we dont need any help making recordings.
tell him to f#ck off

me and my friends will record every stones show on the tour
i already did Giants stadium, no one will hear it
I'm doing monday with 7 filmers , no one will see it or hear it
any more questions?

Despite following daspy's recommendations (softly spoken), You can understand I was totally surprised about the change in attitude after the post on Dime page 1 and the later updated post on Dime page 3

Apart from the limited vocabulary where I had to replace the u with #, I wonder if Ed and Daspy are real Stonesfans.
I could understand when they were publishers, but than why posting their tapes on a torrent site.

Shame on them for not showing the true Stonesfans mentality.

What did I think after the conditions of Daspy were met.

As far as I'm concerned they can take their recordings with them in their graves.

Re: Being the messenger boy
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 3, 2019 18:44

i agree

Date: August 3, 2019 18:45

At the moment I am on vacation.
My day is ruined.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 3, 2019 19:18

Jaap, don't sweat on them. They are a pair of prima donna peacocks.....winking smiley...........They've had assurances from iorr that no tape will be altered/@#$%& ed with, as long as there is a request in the original posting for it to be left alone, yet, they keep whining like babies and taking their ball home......confused smiley

Ed did not issue a request for his tape to be left alone until after it was altered. What does he expect?...Telepathy?......

IT'S NOT EVEN THEIR MUSIC...........>grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-03 19:24 by EddieByword.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 3, 2019 19:18

Don't let a couple of tossers get you down, m8.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 3, 2019 19:42

EddieByword
Jaap, don't sweat on them. They are a pair of prima donna peacocks.....winking smiley...........They've had assurances from iorr that no tape will be altered/@#$%& ed with, as long as there is a request in the original posting for it to be left alone, yet, they keep whining like babies and taking their ball home......confused smiley

Ed did not issue a request for his tape to be left alone until after it was altered. What does he expect?...Telepathy?......

No but we put in the effort to buy the tickets, get our gear in and make the recordings. What did you do besides disparage us for making a request not to have stuff messed with. The only bands where people go ahead and "remaster" our recordings are The Rolling Stones and then they have an additude about it. Go enjoy your remastered phone recordings.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 3, 2019 19:44

:-/

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 11:56 by midnrambler.

Date: August 3, 2019 19:56

daspyknows
EddieByword

No but we put in the effort to buy the tickets, get our gear in and make the recordings. What did you do besides disparage us for making a request not to have stuff messed with. The only bands where people go ahead and "remaster" our recordings are The Rolling Stones and then they have an additude about it. Go enjoy your remastered phone recordings.

You are some dyslexic aaarrrgggghhhhh .....I have said nothing but, time and time again, that your requests already have been and will, almost certainly, continue to be respected.........(Obviously I can't account for the possibility of some stranger coming in from the side and messing but as I've said before, I personally would bet good money that no one currently posting on iorr has, since you first objected, or, will, mess with your recordings in the future (if available).

Now that we all know that Ed objects too, I would reckon whole heartedly that the same courtesy would be extended to him as well.......

If I've been disparaging about anything it's been your refusal or inability to understand simple English and accept the assurances you've been given and not only by me.........- not your request to leave your recordings alone........................some people, it seems, just will not let the rag go no matter what............confused smiley

Lastly, if you did post something and then, after everything that's been said, someone here did alter it, then, I wouldn't blame you if you pulled out........but not as things are, no one has touched your stuff since you first objected 3 years or so ago,,,,,,,,,,THAT is why your current hysteria is not making sense ........to me anyway.........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-03 20:15 by EddieByword.

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: August 3, 2019 20:14

Just keep on going doing the good work. I love it. Still hoping for a fill audio of Burl’s Creek

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: August 3, 2019 20:22

Really sad what this has come to.

Thanks to so called remasters myself and my 10 year old son will never get to relive thursday night and this coming monday again.

Ed and Daspy thanks for all the tapes over the years.....they have been amazing.....ed....as a Philadelphian I appreciate all the local shows you've put out over the years.....even shows in sellersville!

daspy your west coast work and EC shows are gold

Wish you reconsider but I get it......unfortunately some never do and we will all suffer......how hard is it to honor a taper's request???? Everyone forgets what it used to be like to get a hold of something....now everyone abuses it

Thanks again to tapers...without them we have nothing

thanks to stupid remasters we literally now have NOTHING!!!

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 3, 2019 20:31

Kindergarten...

I wish that at least one of you guys would have invested less then $ 25,000 for a playback-system and put some effort in buying a great recording unit.
Compare your recordings to the Mike Millard-tapes, or even Freezer's 6th gen. copies that are floating around and you know what I'm talking about. So much fuzz about average recordings and average remasters of average recordings.

Have fun with your toys smileys with beer

Date: August 3, 2019 21:02

mjmjr

Thanks to so called remasters myself and my 10 year old son will never get to relive thursday night and this coming monday again.

Ed and Daspy thanks for all the tapes over the years.....they have been amazing.....ed....as a Philadelphian I appreciate all the local shows you've put out over the years.....even shows in sellersville!

Wish you reconsider but I get it......unfortunately some never do and we will all suffer......how hard is it to honor a taper's request???? Everyone forgets what it used to be like to get a hold of something....now everyone abuses it

How hard is it to understand that no one has dishonoured daspy's request - I challenge you - show us a link to even one daspy 'remaster' on this site. You won't find one.

Ed's request/objection was not known until after the fact............confused smiley

Oh well, Frank Zappa did say, "stupidity was more abundant than helium",,,,,,,,,,,,,confused smiley

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: August 3, 2019 21:34

Oh Dear...

All this because of music?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 3, 2019 22:47

And music that does not belong to anyone who tapes or bootlegs "Why are we Fighting and what for" Surely there is room for everyone. It's the Rolling Stones. we don't have much time left. Share if you want, tweak the knobs if you want, who cares as long as the original taper is respected. and given credit.
At the end of the day It's Only Rock 'n' Roll. There will be a lot of stuff going to the grave. If it makes you happy to keep it to yourself , but remember the neighbour who was disrespected .May have a hidden ace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-03 22:55 by Tonstone.

Date: August 3, 2019 23:11

EddieByword
daspyknows
EddieByword

You are some dyslexic aaarrrgggghhhhh .....I have said nothing but, time and time again, that your requests already have been and will, almost certainly, continue to be respected.........(Obviously I can't account for the possibility of some stranger coming in from the side and messing but as I've said before, I personally would bet good money that no one currently posting on iorr has, since you first objected, or, will, mess with your recordings in the future (if available).

Now that we all know that Ed objects too, I would reckon whole heartedly that the same courtesy would be extended to him as well.......

If I've been disparaging about anything it's been your refusal or inability to understand simple English and accept the assurances you've been given and not only by me.........- not your request to leave your recordings alone........................some people, it seems, just will not let the rag go no matter what............confused smiley

Lastly, if you did post something and then, after everything that's been said, someone here did alter it, then, I wouldn't blame you if you pulled out........but not as things are, no one has touched your stuff since you first objected 3 years or so ago,,,,,,,,,,THAT is why your current hysteria is not making sense ........to me anyway.........

What YOU do not get is it is not just Ed and myself. Other tapers not sharing. We do not need to make a request that each recording should not be pissed on. If anything a message of would you mind might get a better response. The recordings will be shared in a private "old school" way for now.

Date: August 3, 2019 23:16

silkcut1978_
Kindergarten...

I wish that at least one of you guys would have invested less then $ 25,000 for a playback-system and put some effort in buying a great recording unit.
Compare your recordings to the Mike Millard-tapes, or even Freezer's 6th gen. copies that are floating around and you know what I'm talking about. So much fuzz about average recordings and average remasters of average recordings.

Have fun with your toys smileys with beer

Having fun with my toys. If you knew anything about how Freezer shared his recordings you wouldnt make that comment. The reality is you know nothing about recording gear or what it actually takes to make a recording. Until you have any useful knowledge you are just sharing another meaningless opinion.

Date: August 3, 2019 23:21

mjmjr

Thx. I will get you covered. Your son shouldn't be deprived because of this.

Date: August 3, 2019 23:46

daspyknows
EddieByword
daspyknows
EddieByword

What YOU do not get is it is not just Ed and myself. Other tapers not sharing. We do not need to make a request that each recording should not be pissed on. If anything a message of would you mind might get a better response. The recordings will be shared in a private "old school" way for now.

It's just communication, how humble do you have to be to write a request in your post to pre-empt any misunderstanding?
I haven't seen any means of communicating with tapers except you on here......You lot are utterly pompous and terminally boring............yawning smiley ciao

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 00:34 by EddieByword.

Date: August 4, 2019 00:27

Let's stop arguing back and forth.
It is a taper's good right to keep his tapes private.
It is only a shame that a remaster is used to no longer upload on Dime.
I am different in this and want to share everything I have.
It is time consuming and can't do it all at once.

Please no more comments from now on.
The decision has been made.
Whatever we say can't change this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 00:29 by stonesmuziekfan.

Date: August 4, 2019 00:30

stonesmuziekfan
Let's stop arguing back and forth.
It is a taper's good right to keep his tapes private.
It is only a shame that a remaster is used to no longer upload on Dime.
I am different in this and want to share everything I have.
It is time consuming and can't do it all at once.

Please no more comments from now on.
The decision has been made.
Whatever we say can't change this.

You're right Jaap, that's why I just bowed out too.............thumbs up

Date: August 4, 2019 01:48

Ed just asked me to post this. I can't blame him one bit.

Give them a message for me : if you know me, contact me for any shows I record, I now moved my torrents to a mailing list. No more Dime, you have been warned for years, now it’s time to go dark. My suggestion, why I got started... tape them yourself, don’t get angry at me, I shared 1500 stealth shows. It’s time for others to carry on.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 4, 2019 02:09

I can understand the guy. I also thought sometimes that some of the so called "remasters" posted here sounded worse than the actual recordings. Not all but some. Some people who have an audio software on their computer think they're automatically mastering engineers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 02:10 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: August 4, 2019 02:12

Just came back from a BBQ, but tomorrow (it's past midnight over here) I will give some feedback and it will NOT be in favor of Daspy, Ed and other tapers aka hoarders.
But I will make sure that the raw video tapes of some 19 pro shot video tapes I got from one of the Stones's video engineers will never make it to you as soon as I get the go from that person (talking about Utrecht, Ahoy, Werchter, and some more)!
Neither to those that are now kissing the ass of Daspy and Ed, hoping to get their recordings of the American leg of the No filter Tour (IMHO the lamest of all tours up to date) or those who are now suddenly turned around and make Rskinno's work, and others who remastered recordings, sound bad.
Or to people who where very thankful before Daspy fu#cked up everything. Yes I'm talking about you, midnrambler and mjmjr (and some others).

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 4, 2019 02:20

coowouters
Just came back from a BBQ, but tomorrow (it's past midnight over here) I will give some feedback and it will NOT be in favor of Daspy, Ed and other tapers aka hoarders.
But I will make sure that the raw video tapes of some 19 pro shot video tapes I got from one of the Stones's video engineers will never make it to you as soon as I get the go from that person (talking about Utrecht, Ahoy, Werchter, and some more)!
Neither to those that are now kissing the ass of Daspy and Ed, hoping to get their recordings of the American leg of the No filter Tour (IMHO the lamest of all tours up to date) or those who are now suddenly turned around and make Rskinno's work, and others who remastered recordings, sound bad.
Or to people who where very thankful before Daspy fu#cked up everything. Yes I'm talking about you, midnrambler and mjmjr (and some others).

thumbs up

Date: August 4, 2019 02:22

coowouters

Ed and I are hoarders because we don't want our recordings messed with? You have had more to do with the "attitude" of us tapers. Have you ever attempted to record a show or are you just a behind the keyboard kind of guy. Just to be clear, the recordings are being shared, just not in public forums. I have shared everything in the past and will continue to do so with people who are nice and not self entitled aholes.

I also don't need or care about your pro shot video stuff you are claiming to havfce access to. Doesn't bother me if you don't share it.

Posted by: sputnikrox ()
Date: August 4, 2019 03:38

"BROTH-ahs! WHY are we FIGHT-ting?..."--MJ-- Altamont

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 4, 2019 07:02

As a taper, and in defense of other tapers, it's a lot of work, a great expense, a fair amount of risk and taping prevents the taper from cheering and moving around during the show.

Tapers take pride in their work and have a name/handle and reputation to protect. When somebody who swears by Bose speakers remasters somebody else's tape to their own questionable taste, it has the potential of damaging the original taper's rep.

I do understand other taper's concerns about remasters of remasters of remasters (sounds like Jimmy Page, doesn't it?). That said, it doesn't concern me personally. I just think it's unfair to judge tapers who go berserk at the thought of others tampering with their babies.

To me, the far greater threats are the fiendish turds who burn CDs of freely-traded tapes and sell them on eBay.

But I really think both sides of the above tirades would be wise to just chill out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 07:05 by 5stringTele.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 4, 2019 10:24

:-/

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 20:42 by midnrambler.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 4, 2019 10:27

"I'm laughing, laughing in my grave." - Turner

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: August 4, 2019 18:34

I have vented my anger and frustration about Ed's post to Jaap.
So for me the topic is closed.
BTW, was there really someone who really thought that I had 19 pro shot video tapes given to me by a video engineer?
Anyway, I will not come back to IORR anymore, nor will I reply to private mails asking for uploads, conversions from filefactory to WT or dropbox and the like (except of course for a few good friends)

Bye all and keep enjoying the music that's offered here!

Chris from Belgium

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home