Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: POST: 2019-07-23: Philadelphia (Edtyre)
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 31, 2019 21:15

guitard
EddieByword
the thing about Edtyres recording (as far as I know), is that there was no such request to not alter it.

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Edtyre: I share everything and don't mind people using for video JUST DON'T @#$%& WITH IT!! That's what will happen with me as well, i'm going to more shows too.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So clearly Edtyre has indicated that he does not want his recordings altered. Moreover, if he sees this happening, he said he will stop sharing his future Stones recordings.

He indicated that on page 2 or three of the comments, NOT in the description of the torrent:

Torrent file Untitled.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)
Downloads as rs2019-07-23.mk41v.edtyre.flac16
Info hash 2c263391e1f4493994ea135e5d4e6e287af5681e
Description The Rolling Stones
2019-07-23 Lincoln Financial Field
Philadelphia PA USA

source : schoeps mk41v > nbob actives > babynbox > sony a10 > 24/48 wav
adobe audition > xact 2.45 > 16/44.1 flac
taper : edtyre

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)
You Can't Always Get What You Want

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Slipping Away (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

notes : tough taping night. wind and rain for the last 40 minutes
some very minor wind noise in the recording.
Info file View Info file (0.78 Kcool smiley
Category Rock
Last seeder Last activity 0:14 ago
Size 596.43 MB (625,406,081 bytes)
Overall speed 0.00 KB/s
Added Wed 24th Jul, 2019 14:48 GMT
Views 2135
Hits 720
Snatched 513 time(s)
Upped by edtyre
Num files
[See full list] 25 files
Peers
[See full list] Active: 115 seeder(s), 4 leecher(s) = 119 peer(s) total
Firewalled: 30 seeder(s), 2 leecher(s) = 32 peer(s) total (26%)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: July 31, 2019 21:35

thumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 31, 2019 21:45

coowouters
guitard
EddieByword
the thing about Edtyres recording (as far as I know), is that there was no such request to not alter it.

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Edtyre: I share everything and don't mind people using for video JUST DON'T @#$%& WITH IT!! That's what will happen with me as well, i'm going to more shows too.

So clearly Edtyre has indicated that he does not want his recordings altered. Moreover, if he sees this happening, he said he will stop sharing his future Stones recordings.

He indicated that on page 2 or three of the comments, NOT in the description of the torrent:

Philadelphia PA USA

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar

Category Rock
Overall speed 0.00 KB/s
Views 2135
Hits 720
Snatched 513 time(s)
Upped by edtyre
Num files
[See full list] 25 files
Peers

smileys with beer .......cheers Chris...

Date: July 31, 2019 21:50

And one more thing; I'm getting tired of all this shit about remastering or not.
I get mails from lots of people asking me why I don't appear on IORR as I used to. The answer is simple; I got tired of all the bitching.

Whatever, Ed (and other tapers) should know by now that if they share a good recording on dime or wherever, it WILL be picked up by bootleggers and will be (probably remastered) being put up for sale.

I prefer one of us to do some remastering and share his work with us for free,
as long as it is made clear who the original taper was, that it is a remaster and, if possible, give the link to the original recording.

And last, but certainly not least, people who share a remaster that they downloaded, should make it clear that it is a remaster.

In the Vault, you will find both the original source and the remaster. And the remasters are clearly marked as being remasters.

For example:
"RS - 2019-07-23 Philadelphia.mk41v.edtyre.flac16.rar"
and
"2019.07.23 Lincoln Financial Field Philadelphia edtyre remaster by RSKinno.rar".

Most of us are old and wise enough to not "pollute" the gene pool by sharing a remaster without saying it is a remaster.

And for those complaining about having to pay for a "premium" account (or even writing that you have to pay to download); if you want something real bad, it shouldn't bother you that it takes a long time to get something!

And now I'm off again, I might look in once a week, or once every 2 weeks, but that's it.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 31, 2019 22:02

EddieByword
coowouters
guitard
EddieByword

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Philadelphia PA USA

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar

Category Rock
Overall speed 0.00 KB/s
Views 2135
Hits 720
Snatched 513 time(s)
Upped by edtyre
Num files
[See full list] 25 files
Peers

Date: July 31, 2019 22:10

EddieByword
coowouters
guitard
EddieByword

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Philadelphia PA USA

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar

Category Rock
Overall speed 0.00 KB/s
Views 2135
Hits 720
Snatched 513 time(s)
Upped by edtyre
Num files
[See full list] 25 files
Peers

And you wonder why many of the good recordings have not surfaced as will many more from the rest of the tour.

Date: July 31, 2019 22:55

I don't wonder but I'll keep my view about that private......let's just say IQ and more kindly, the Tower of Babel come to mind............yawning smiley .....fuc king hell....eye popping smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 00:10 by EddieByword.

Posted by: guitard ()
Date: August 1, 2019 03:56

EddieByword
coowouters
guitard
EddieByword

[www.dimeadozen.org]

He indicated that on page 2 or three of the comments, NOT in the description of the torrent

So what if he said it in the comments? The fact remains -- that's what he said. Edtyre records lots of shows; he's a key resource for these recordings. Just follow his wishes on this and he'll continue to share them.

Date: August 1, 2019 11:31

guitard

coowouters
guitard
EddieByword

[www.dimeadozen.org]

He indicated that on page 2 or three of the comments, NOT in the description of the torrent

So what if he said it in the comments? The fact remains -- that's what he said. Edtyre records lots of shows; he's a key resource for these recordings. Just follow his wishes on this and he'll continue to share them.

Pointless conversation, please refer to my comment above about IQ and the Tower of babel.......confused smiley

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 2, 2019 06:45

Thanks for sharing.

Even though this is a thoroughly enjoyable recording, it does illustrate that even a $5,000 recording rig can't compensate for mediocre seats and lousy weather conditions. Still may turn out to be the best recording of the tour.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 2, 2019 07:32

I see Eds on hot wax.com for sale on the bootleg review site

Me too, does that make us famous?

Date: August 2, 2019 07:48

5stringTele
Thanks for sharing.

Even though this is a thoroughly enjoyable recording, it does illustrate that even a $5,000 recording rig can't compensate for mediocre seats and lousy weather conditions. Still may turn out to be the best recording of the tour.

I got a good one tonight from the floor but don't want a butcher job remaster. What should I do?

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 2, 2019 08:00

daspyknows
5stringTele
Thanks for sharing.

I got a good one tonight from the floor but don't want a butcher job remaster. What should I do?

I was going to suggest send it to falo1 for his DVD, but then it can be extracted.
It's a hard one eh?
I taped and filmed a couple of shows that went into remix land
I guess it's up to you, I just let em go........

I get annoyed more with bootlegs of my work, but what can you do?

Date: August 2, 2019 09:47

daspyknows
5stringTele
Thanks for sharing.

If you upload it with a request that it should not be altered or 'remastered' then I would bet good money that on this site at least, your wishes will continue to be respected..

Or, you could just chill out completely and take a more 'Andy Warhol' attitude, be less 'precious' about it all. Andy Warhol once signed a load of fakes, knowing they had been done 'on the quiet' by some 'assistants'.......when he found out, he signed them anyway.........................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 11:47 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: August 2, 2019 13:52

daspyknows
5stringTele
Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully share it my 10 year old would forever grateful....but I respect your decision either way....you’ve given a lot over the years especially EC

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: August 2, 2019 14:28

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
mjmjr
daspyknows
5stringTele
Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully share it my 10 year old would forever grateful....but I respect your decision either way....you’ve given a lot over the years especially EC

Date: August 2, 2019 19:00

EddieByword
daspyknows
5stringTele
Thanks for sharing.

If you upload it with a request that it should not be altered or 'remastered' then I would bet good money that on this site at least, your wishes will continue to be respected..

Or, you could just chill out completely and take a more 'Andy Warhol' attitude, be less 'precious' about it all. Andy Warhol once signed a load of fakes, knowing they had been done 'on the quiet' by some 'assistants'.......when he found out, he signed them anyway.........................

I was already told my wishes would be ignored earlier on this thread. I am not Andy Warhol and I don't need to chill out. I am sure there were other tapers.

Date: August 2, 2019 19:08

daspyknows
EddieByword
daspyknows
5stringTele
Thanks for sharing.

I was already told my wishes would be ignored earlier on this thread. I am not Andy Warhol and I don't need to chill out. I am sure there were other tapers.

Huh?....who by?......

I know you're not Andy Warhol, he's dead..........chill out?......well I guess that's a matter of perception.

It's not going to happen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if you (or anyone else) posted anything here with clear request in the header for it to NOT be altered - and yet somebody did, there would be uproar here without you even having to say anything.

Everyone here likes and appreciates your stuff and wants to hear it. I myself have said your's is like the Fonz's haircut - (If you're too young to know, the joke was, he would look at his hair in the mirror before going out and then say to himself "Heh, why touch it?.................

Anyway, up to you of course, I've done my best to reassure you and I'm pretty sure I would get support in my reassurances from everyone else here too................so......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 19:53 by EddieByword.

Posted by: rek53 ()
Date: August 2, 2019 20:19

I'm really getting lost here! How many recordings of this show exist?

Date: August 2, 2019 20:58

rek53
I'm really getting lost here! How many recordings of this show exist?

None so far...........winking smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 2, 2019 23:44

It is not going to add to these discussions but I can remember daspyknows requesting already in 2012 not to alter or mix his recordings aafter his first tape was remastered, and therefor following tapes were untouched.

I do remember these Bol/Bull remasters, because we just started Stonesvault after the first show of the 50 Years Shows in 2012.

Stonesvault excists almost 7 years. When we started downloadspeed was reasonable but limited to 500 MB per file for free accounts, so we created files according to this.
Lateron Filefactory changed their policy and by creating slow downloadspeed trying to get more premium accounts sold.
At that time we already had uploaded so many files that it was a no go to turn to another hoster.
In the mean time over 10,000 files have been uploaded.

Remasters were not common untill 2012 and also remember JimmyShelter doing some remastering in 2013.

The remastering aims to improve the original tapes. Successful or not this is still why remastering was done.

I also know remastering by Marko. I realy like those remaster. Lateron I learned they must be classified as fake remasters. Playing a disk and while playing, taping it in the room with a microphone and saving it at his HD. This way an mp3 was turned to lossless.

A collegue once told me he had some beatles on a cassette for listening in his car. Than he was at a friends who was playing the original, and at a certain point he did hear a little belsound that was not audible from his cassette. and that made me realise to stop collecting mp3 and made the switch in 2005.

Nowadays sofisticated software is available. This does not mean this does improve the original.

Finally, I am wondering how one can create a BluRay from YouTube sources. Must be some sort of remastering as well.
I am not this technical and let it all come as it is presented.

(I am no native english speaking, so forgive my spelling errors)

All the best to all
Jaap

Date: August 3, 2019 01:06

daspyknows

If your (or another taper's) wishes are clearly mentioned in the post, here or on Dime or wherever, I'm sure that our (and dime's) regulars will respect your (or the other taper's) wish.

Unfortunately, if you post a good one, I'm afraid that bootleggers will not respect that and knowing a couple of labels think that they have to play around with an already near perfect recording, put it in a CD case with more or less nice artwork, omit the name of the taper and sell it, I'm afraid that we will soon get lots of bootlegs of that kind, and some people WILL buy them and eventually share them.

And again unfortunately, not many people will know that it was your or Ed's or X's tape that was been used and altered. Off course, when you compare them carefully, you might be able to find out (a shout at the same moment, another noise at the same moment and so on)

During the European leg of the Tour, CL taped a lot of shows and sent me his raw tapes, usually right after he arrived back at his hotel after the concert. He asked me to put it up here, with the explicit question to ask for cutting and eventual remastering.
I think we all agree that most of his recordings were pretty good, some certainly not needing any remastering.
But that was CL's decision, a decision that was his personal choice and, of course, doesn't have to be followed by other tapers.

Cheers,

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-03 16:39 by coowouters.

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: August 3, 2019 02:01

Thank you chris

it was also my opinion

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home