Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

London & Edinburgh
Posted by: alba61 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 11:13

Hi, i'll be there in a few days...
Any suggestions about record Shops that may have Stones stuff & rare ?
thank you !!!

Re: London & Edinburgh
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: July 26, 2019 12:48

In London, there are lots.

In Soho, there is Reckless Records and Sister Ray, right across the street from each other on Berwick St.
There are a few others in the neighborhood, including Sounds of the Universe (where the Stones launched the Blue and Lonesome album with the 100 numbered lithos). I think the blue tongue is still in the upstairs window.
(Plus nearby is FOPP at Cambridge Circus, which is owned by HMV but there are no used records).

In Camden, there are several record stores, including Wild Horses in the market itself. The guy who owns it is a huge Stones fan. There is another one about 150 meters away, next to Dingwalls, but I can't remember the name. There is also Sounds that Swing on Parkway and Off the Floor on Inverness St. All within a couple minutes walk from each other. There are several more places that sell vinyl in the area, some of it specialty, like Reggae or Punk. Old original Stones records are expensive. Some bootlegs are reasonable.

In east London there are quite a few, like Rough Trade and another Sister Ray. Plus on the weekends there is a place off Brick Lane with thousands of used records for sale.

You can also find used vinyl at many of the street markets around London.

Can't help with Edinburgh, though I did buy a Stones record up there about 4 years ago.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 26, 2019 17:01

First hand useful information CL! Thanks and congrats!
I wish I can use it if I ever visit London again.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 26, 2019 19:23

The Hollybush pub in Hampstead is great. Mick and Keith used to hang out there when they lived up in Hampstead. If I were you I'd pick up a London A-Z guide. Because from there it's a short walk to 23 West Heath Road, Sarum Chase, where the gatefold photo of Beggar's Banquet was shot.

Hampstead is away from Central London, it's quieter, and very leafy.

Date: July 27, 2019 19:20

thank you all!!!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 27, 2019 20:38

Alba in Edinburgh - Try Vinyl Villians - in Elm Row - 5 Elm Row, Edinburgh - Post Code EH7 4AA - On the East side of Edinburgh City Centre - Just of Leith Walk.
large selection of second hand Vinyl and also do sell boot CD's in their racks.

Actually a shame there used to be lots more but like anywhere else downloads kill the actual physical sell and browsing in record shops,

Also have a look at The Record Shak 69 Clerk St, Edinburgh EH8 9JG.Second hand records and CD's

For Regulars CD's - Vinyl - DVD's & Books - FOPP Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR [Behind Princes Street] is worth a look.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-27 20:51 by Tonstone.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 28, 2019 19:51

First hand useful information Tony! Thanks and congrats!
I wish I can use it if I ever visit Edinburgh again.
drinking smiley

Date: July 29, 2019 09:57

thank you again to all!!!!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 29, 2019 18:30

ChrisL
In London, there are lots.

In Soho, there is Reckless Records and Sister Ray, right across the street from each other on Berwick St.
There are a few others in the neighborhood, including Sounds of the Universe (where the Stones launched the Blue and Lonesome album with the 100 numbered lithos). I think the blue tongue is still in the upstairs window.
(Plus nearby is FOPP at Cambridge Circus, which is owned by HMV but there are no used records).

In Camden, there are several record stores, including Wild Horses in the market itself. The guy who owns it is a huge Stones fan. There is another one about 150 meters away, next to Dingwalls, but I can't remember the name. There is also Sounds that Swing on Parkway and Off the Floor on Inverness St. All within a couple minutes walk from each other. There are several more places that sell vinyl in the area, some of it specialty, like Reggae or Punk. Old original Stones records are expensive. Some bootlegs are reasonable.

In east London there are quite a few, like Rough Trade and another Sister Ray. Plus on the weekends there is a place off Brick Lane with thousands of used records for sale.

You can also find used vinyl at many of the street markets around London.

Can't help with Edinburgh, though I did buy a Stones record up there about 4 years ago.

Thanks CL great information I can use when next in London thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home