Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same - Reconstructed (JRK Remaster Multitrack)
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 23, 2019 02:46

LINK:

https://mega.nz/#!2NlkHKxb!TzlXGH9p2niu4aY7JNPtCStJNdbBkHMEEUydqIHjoJE

Sources:
2018 Remaster Blu-Ray Audio Disc 5.1 Surround Track Remix (*)
1976 Original Soundtrack CD Rip (**)
Led Zeppelin DVD MSG 1973 Fragment 5.1 Surround Track Remix (***)

Disc One:
1.) Rock & Roll *
2.) Celebration Day *
3.) Black Dog *,***
4.) Over The Hills & Far Away *
5.) Misty Mountain Hop *
6.) Since I've Been Loving You *
7.) No Quarter *, **
8.) The Song Remains The Same *
9.) Rain Song *

Disc Two:
1.) Dazed & Confused *
2.) Stairway to Heaven *
3.) Moby Dick **
4.) Heartbreaker *
5.) Whole Lotta Love *,**
6.) The Ocean *

Notes:
Don't really have to introduce this one, do I? From a personal standpoint, both The Song Remains The Same movie and soundtrack album are priceless to me. It's been one of my favorite films/albums since I was young, and was my first foray into Led Zeppelin's incredible live recordings.

I always felt the album deserved much more care, as it could be restored with all the music cut from the film for visual synching. For example, there's no excuse for the heinous cuts in "Black Dog" and "No Quarter" on the album.

This project has been waiting since I did the preliminary research several years ago. With the recent round of Page remasters of the Zeppelin catalogue, I figured it was finally time to tackle it.

I used three sources. First, the base that forms the largest part of this reconstruction is a remix from the new Blu-Ray audio release's 5.1 surround tracks. I felt the sound was more clear and had better separation of instruments than the other formats of the latest remaster. The second is the original soundtrack, ripped from my CD copy. Finally, the third is a remix from the 5.1 surround tracks on the Led Zeppelin DVD.

Here is a detailed list of the edits I made and how this project was put together, in chronological order:

- Remixed 2018 Blu-Ray audio and Led Zeppelin DVD MSG 1973 Fragment 5.1 surround tracks

- Remastered relevant sections of the original soundtrack CD to blend with the 2018 remaster

- Restored missing verses in 2018 remaster edition of "Black Dog" with the corresponding portion from the Led Zeppelin DVD

- Restored slow buildup section and beginning of the solo in "No Quarter" from the original soundtrack CD

- Added crowd noise to the end of "Rain Song" and lengthened the fade out to finish the first disc

- Completely replaced "Moby Dick" with the original soundtrack version because of the excessive effects applied to the 2018 remaster version

- Restored "The Crunge" section in "Whole Lotta Love" from the original soundtrack CD

- Moved "The Ocean" to the correct concert position, to close the show

- Mixed the ending crowd cheering and Plant's final comments to their correct place after "The Ocean"

This reconstruction is not meant to be definitive, nor perfect. Rather, it's the standalone live album we deserved. The best musical parts of the original soundtrack that were missing on the new remaster have been restored, and it's all here in stunning quality. It's finally a cohesive live document.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Eddie Edwards for his outstanding work on The Garden Tapes. Without his research and detailed notes, I would not have known where to start with this project.

I truly hope you enjoy this reconstruction. It's been an absolute pleasure to work on.

And as always...blast this LOUD!

- JRK

From guitars101.com

Re: POST: Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same - Reconstructed (JRK Remaster Multitrack)
Posted by: okenny ()
Date: July 23, 2019 06:47

This is really great.
Thank you!

Re: POST: Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same - Reconstructed (JRK Remaster Multitrack)
Date: July 23, 2019 12:45

okenny
This is really great.
Thank you!

"Jimmy Page/was quite da rage/I could not see da reason waah" smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 23, 2019 13:17

Can't wait to hear this on my home theater! Thanks Heiloobaas!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 23, 2019 14:32

HEILOOBAAS
From a personal standpoint, both The Song Remains The Same movie and soundtrack album are priceless to me. It's been one of my favorite films/albums since I was young, and was my first foray into Led Zeppelin's incredible live recordings.

JRK[/b]

From guitars101.com

too abd for him as it was a very average 73 show. The West Coast gigs (Frisco or L.A.) were much better. Page probably found it wise to have the band recorded at the very end of the tour alas when they reached NYC LZ was a tired "dry" band.

Is that why Page spent months cutting, editing, and re-assembling the tapes he had to make sth listenable? winking smiley

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: July 23, 2019 20:54

What is all that fuss about??!
Instead of loosing your time just go to a shop and buy officially released "The Song Remains The Same. Remastered & Expanded With 6 Previously Unreleased Tracks". You will see and APPRECIATE the difference! There is no comparison with your "remaster".

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 23, 2019 21:15

:-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 17:36 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: July 23, 2019 21:40

Thank you!

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: July 24, 2019 09:53

Thanks

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 24, 2019 10:04

2.5 GB?.............I'm guessing this is 24 bit. (Only available with a Mega App................any chance it could be uploaded in 16 bit on Filefactory or Wetransfer?.......hope so..............thanks

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 11:21

EddieByword
2.5 GB?.............I'm guessing this is 24 bit. (Only available with a Mega App................any chance it could be uploaded in 16 bit on Filefactory or Wetransfer?.......hope so..............thanks

You don't need a Mega App or a Mega Account!
You can download it (or other big Mega files) with JDownloader:
[jdownloader.org]

Date: July 24, 2019 11:39

werther2003
EddieByword

[jdownloader.org]

Hi Werther, thanks alot for that......although, I knew I would get stuck.

The program is asking me which files I want it associated with....trouble is, I don't know the significance of any of them.....any clue?

1. Downloader link container
2. Downloader link back up format
3. Cryptload link container
4. RSD link container
5. Metalinks
6. Meta4metalinks
7. Newzbin usenet index file

I have no idea what any of these things are and whether I should check them or not......confused smiley

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 13:58

EddieByword

Please - 16 bit -or any size - anywhere but Mega. THANKS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-24 15:20 by andrews27.

Date: July 24, 2019 15:04

EddieByword
werther2003
EddieByword

[jdownloader.org]

The program is asking me which files I want it associated with....trouble is, I don't know the significance of any of them.....any clue?

4. RSD link container
5. Metalinks
6. Meta4metalinks

I have no idea what any of these things are and whether I should check them or not......confused smiley

If Jdownloader is opend you only have to copy the Mega link
[mega.nz]
and JDownloader will add the file to 'LinkGrabber' automatically.
If not you can add the Mega link manually:
Go to "Add New Links" (at the bottom left) and paste the Mega link.
After that start the dowload (start botton above left).
Go to 'Downloads' and you'll see the progress of your download.

Only a very short manual but I hope it will work for you smileys with beer.

Date: July 24, 2019 16:12

werther2003
EddieByword
werther2003
EddieByword

[jdownloader.org]

4. RSD link container
5. Metalinks
6. Meta4metalinks

If Jdownloader is opend you only have to copy the Mega link
[mega.nz]
and JDownloader will add the file to 'LinkGrabber' automatically.
If not you can add the Mega link manually:
Go to "Add New Links" (at the bottom left) and paste the Mega link.
After that start the dowload (start botton above left).
Go to 'Downloads' and you'll see the progress of your download.

Only a very short manual but I hope it will work for you smileys with beer.

Brilliant werther............thanks very much...........smileys with beerthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 24, 2019 19:18

Very useful information, thanks H.! thumbs up

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 24, 2019 21:08

midnrambler
Greg44
Instead of loosing your time just go to a shop and buy officially released "The Song Remains The Same. Remastered & Expanded With 6 Previously Unreleased Tracks". You will see and APPRECIATE the difference! There is no comparison with your "remaster".

Read this [www.thegardentapes.co.uk] and you'll know why you are wrong.

Great googly moogly that was dizzying...

Date: July 24, 2019 22:24

Quique-stone

If you have a Filefactory premium account and you add it to JDownloader (Settings - Account Manager/Add) your downloads from Filefactory will be much faster spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 24, 2019 23:43

Always felt a shame for Led Zeppelin , They always seemed to be in search of their definitive live Album and never found it. With all their releases perhaps it ain't out there.

Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: July 25, 2019 00:06

thanks

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 25, 2019 08:40

werther2003
Quique-stone

If you have a Filefactory premium account and you add it to JDownloader (Settings - Account Manager/Add) your downloads from Filefactory will be much faster spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

OK, thanks again!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 26, 2019 20:16

midnrambler
Greg44

I am disgusted with Page's liberal cuts and screwing with recorded classics that have stood the test of time since our childhood . Ditto for screwing with our memories of material so sacred to us as well !

Date: July 26, 2019 23:51

TheGreek
midnrambler
Greg44

I am disgusted with Page's liberal cuts and screwing with recorded classics that have stood the test of time since our childhood . Ditto for screwing with our memories of material so sacred to us as well !

I only listen to the first two songs. I honestly cannot stand the rest. I have plenty of Zep boots where Page sounds brilliant sans the jiggery pokery of the studio. Maybe his tweaks to this live material were drug-induced paranoia?

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: July 27, 2019 04:20

Muchas Gracias por tu trabajo! es espectacular!!
se agradece enormementeª!

Date: July 27, 2019 14:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 17:31 by midnrambler.

Date: July 27, 2019 15:34

midnrambler
gastonl74
Muchas Gracias por tu trabajo! es espectacular!!
se agradece enormementeª!

Je ne comprends pas.

Mae'n dweud ei fod yn ei hoffi............smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-27 15:36 by EddieByword.

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: July 28, 2019 07:57

Very nice share. Thank you.

Date: July 28, 2019 20:09

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 14:43 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: November 15, 2019 11:49

Thank you for this and all your hard work HEILOOBAAS, you did a fantastic job. I had the original vinyl and bought the expanded version when it was released in 2007 but wasn't going to buy it again after a few tweaks and a butcher job on Black Dog - why?!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home