Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Session" or "Sessions" ?
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 07:07

I've tried asking this question in some of the posts, but, understandably, it's probably got lost in the masses of interest in the subject matter itself.

All these posts of material called, for example "A Bigger Bang Session", shouldn't they be called "Sessions" rather than "Session"? After all, they probably all comprise recordings in more than just one session.

Can anybody clarify or explain? I'm really quite confused smiley by this.

Re: "Session" or "Sessions" ?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 21, 2019 11:16

Session = One day/session.

Sessions = more than one day/sessions.

A day/session could be just that specific date or if it runs from say evening of the 21st and in to the early hours of the 22nd.

Sympathy For The Devil was recorded at more than one session. Thus, Sympathy For The Devil sessions is applicable.

Context of the material is relevant of course. A bootleg containing one day/session could be titled A Beggars Banquet session. But, as most studio based releases have stuff from numerous dates, sessions is correct.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 21, 2019 11:30

I altered the RSKinno Boxes from Session to Sessions.
It is because of looking at the number of CDs.
They can't have been taped in one session.
It's just my two cents on these boxes.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 12:10

Thanks guys for explaining. It's pretty much what I thought. Seems to me that "session" is likely to be a typographical error, otherwise something lost somewhere in translation, and that it's most likely really "sessions" after all in most, if not all, cases.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home