Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST new version ""Too Tough, Baby You’re Too Much…. What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love?" - reworked tracks (FP 049)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 5, 2019 14:51

Notes: - for those who do not know the demos of "Hamngbird Disaster" (tracks 3 & 8) I specify that they are of very poor quality: you are warned!
- on this new version "Baby You're Too Much - III" is speed corrected! thanks "dcba"

"Too Tough, Baby You’re Too Much…. What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love?"
Frankenstein production n°49

"mickstone31" contacted me, asking if I could try to improve "Baby You're Too Much - III". This title came from my silver of "Little Boy Blue" that I posted a while ago. I got into the game and I looked for other versions of this title that I also reworked. Then I thought it would be an opportunity to put it on a cdr with the version of "Too Tough - II" reworked from "Birds Vault - III". And since there was space for a 3rd title, I added "What Am I Gonna Do" ... because it makes a funny title (and I like the song!)

When I had the choice of several sources I preferred the DAC because they are the best in terms of speed correction (and for which my DIY has the least interest I must admit).
I hope you’ll enjoy!
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

01 – «TOO TOUGH – I» (aka « XXX »)
It’s a mix from 2 sources: DAC 110 on left channel and VGP 240 on right channel
Session : 11th November - 19th December 1982: Boulogne Billancourt , France, Pathé-Marconi Studios.

02 – «TOO TOUGH- II»
It’s the mix I done with the “Birds Vault – III” source (speed correction and channel duplicated)
Session : April – August 1983: Nassau, Bahamas, Compass Point Studios or New York City, The Hit Factory.

03 – «BABY YOU’RE TOO MUCH – I» ( demo)
This demo version is coming from my silver for « Hamngbird Disaster » (not my best purchase!) I duplicated the channel, amplified the sound and deleted some noises Session : 15th January - 28th February 1985: Boulogne-Billancourt (near Paris), France

04 – «BABY YOU’RE TOO MUCH – II» (without sax) - v1”
This2nd version (without sax) exists in two different takes with slightly differences:
This one I called « II- v1 » is a mix of DAC112 on left channel and VGP 285 on right channel (only the 3 first seconds are solely from the VGP version) Session : 05th April - 17th June 1985 : Boulogne-Billancourt (near Paris), France, Pathé-Marconi Studios

05 – «BABY YOU’RE TOO MUCH – II» (without sax) – v2”
Here a mix with DAC 020 duplicated channels and VGP 041 for the last seconds Session unknown probably the same as above

06 –« BABY YOU’RE TOO MUCH – III » (with sax) The 3rd version (with sax) is coming from my silver of « Little Boy Blue »here duplicated and with a little more treble. I used the 2nd version to correct the speed (-2,91%) Session 16th July - 17th August 1985 New York City, RPM Studios.

07 – « BABY YOU’RE TOO MUCH – IV» (instrumental) Coming from my silver of « Voodoo Brew – CD n°03 »: I amplified the beginning to hear the noises in the intro Session : 14th September 1993: St. Kildare, Ireland, Sandymount Studios (RW’s house).

08 - « What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love – I » (aka « Something I Want »/ « Your Love »)
Coming from my silver of « Hamngbird Disaster » that I decelerated by -3,731%, using « Glimmer Twins Private Tapes » as reference (better correction but incomplete). The channels are duplicated, I deleted some defaults in particuliar at 5’18 and 10’30…..the sound is not great but you can compare with the original! Session unknown probably early 1985 in Boulogne-Billancourt , France

09 - « What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love – II » (aka ««What I’m Supposed To Do With Your Love ») Keith Richards, Bobby Womack and Don Covay on vocals Appeared for the first time on « Foxes In The Boxes » here is the DAC 159 version slightly DIY
Session February 1985: Pathé-Marconi Studios Boulogne-Billancourt, France.

10 - « What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love – III » (aka «What I’m Supposed To Do With Your Love ») Mick Jagger on vocals Coming from DAC 020 duplicated and slightly reworked Session 16th July - 17th August 1985 New York City, RPM Studios.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
As usual all the infos are taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf:
[www.nzentgraf.de]

A big thank to my usual partners in crime nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave critics and advise regarding my work and to “dcba” that point me at the speed correction needed for track 6.

Posted by StonyRoad in 2019 on IORR [www.iorr.org]
link valid until 12/05/19
[we.tl]

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-05 14:52 by StonyRoad.

Re: POST new version ""Too Tough, Baby You’re Too Much…. What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love?" - reworked tracks (FP 049)
Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: May 5, 2019 15:52

Thanks!

Re: POST new version ""Too Tough, Baby You’re Too Much…. What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love?" - reworked tracks (FP 049)
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 5, 2019 16:30

thank you!!!!!!!

Posted by: finn ()
Date: May 5, 2019 16:31

Thank You!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: May 5, 2019 17:52

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: May 5, 2019 18:38

Cheers!
smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 6, 2019 01:41

Great to listen to this on a rainy Sunday afternoon!
Thank you Norbert!
smileys with beer

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: May 6, 2019 06:46

Thank you VM

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 6, 2019 08:40

Thanks.

Posted by: WetWillie ()
Date: May 6, 2019 20:02

Thanks.

And thanks for including all the artworks from the sources.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 6, 2019 20:07

Thank you Norbert thumbs up

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: May 6, 2019 20:13

Thanks

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 6, 2019 23:47

THX

Posted by: imthemastah ()
Date: May 7, 2019 03:29

this is fantastic, thank you!

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: May 8, 2019 16:10

Thanks, but i really don't understand what is done with too tough II. It sounds like an overload of phasing is applied. The original sounds way better.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 9, 2019 22:14

gimme_shelter
Thanks, but i really don't understand what is done with too tough II. It sounds like an overload of phasing is applied. The original sounds way better.
It's coming from a rip of the vinyl
Here the "original" files "untouched"( for all the tracks used on this compilation) . So you can added the original version of "Too Tough II" if you prefer it at the place of my reworking version: I councel you to decelerated it from 3,863%
[we.tl]
note: in my first post I added this link for the ones that want to compar or use the "original" files, then after the councel of "dcba" to rework the speed from "Baby, You're Too Much - III" I forget to added it on my post... now it's restored

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 7, 2019 09:18

Also available in Stonesvault [iorr.org]

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: June 9, 2019 08:26

Thank you. I missed this one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home