Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SALE: some of my rare Stones items, TOTA, Ron Wood autograph, etc.
Posted by: micawber ()
Date: April 25, 2019 09:40

Hi y'all,

I'm selling some of my rare and very nice Stones items on EBay:

T.O.T.A. Genesis Publications on EBay

It's Only Rock'n'Roll" Japan pure vinyl LP on EBay

Ronnie Wood signed Sucking in the Seventies LP on EBay

Pls. have a look.

Thanks!
Micawber

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-19 11:33 by micawber.

Re: SALE: some of my rare Stones items, TOTA, Ron Wood autograph, etc.
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 25, 2019 11:38

Re the TOTA book :
Genesis Pub has pulled a dirty trick on the loyal buyers of this book. They've reprinted it on the sly. Which imo is backstabbing the owners of the 1st edition(s).

Date: April 29, 2019 11:16

@dcba: didn't know that - you're right.

Not sure, if the new limited to 400 TOTA edition comes with the same content and extras as the 1st edition. And it's 458€...
So my TOTA is still a good buy, I think...

Date: May 2, 2019 14:23

Hi guys,

who's interested in any of the items?

Date: May 3, 2019 15:13

Please have a look at my auctions in the bay, with fair conditions, I think.

I like to read your comments!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 5, 2019 02:39

Just to clarify Genesis haven't reprinted TOTA. It was printed in an edition of 2,500 which was a little ambitious, like the vast majority of their editions the deluxe copies sold out mega fast, with those you aren't just paying for the extra stuff but for the rarity. The binding is actually a very large portion of the cost and the time so they bind books in batches. The sales of TOTA had slowed to a very low rate so the last 400 copies were made in a different binding. It's arguable that you might now prefer it and be annoyed you had the original one but don't forget the original one is now rarer as there are only 1,750 copies in circulation not the planned 2,150.

They just sold 30 copies of Blinds and Shutters they bound in a new binding that had never been bound. I actually bought the last 10 copies they ever sold in the original binding. They just sold the 30 signed by Keith and Eric Clapton at £1,695 in about an hour. No one that paid the original £325 is complaining about that.

Here is the official info about the anniversary TOTA (i.e. the last 400)

"T.O.T.A. '75 is created in a limited edition of 2,500 signed copies. 40 years on, just 400 of these rare books were specially made into Anniversary copies that celebrate Ronnie Wood's first tour with the band. As well as being signed by tour manager Peter Rudge and diarist Christopher Simon Sykes, these copies have been additionally signed by Ronnie Wood."

Date: May 8, 2019 10:12

mattleeuk
Just to clarify Genesis haven't reprinted TOTA. It was printed in an edition of 2,500 which was a little ambitious, like the vast majority of their editions the deluxe copies sold out mega fast, with those you aren't just paying for the extra stuff but for the rarity. The binding is actually a very large portion of the cost and the time so they bind books in batches. The sales of TOTA had slowed to a very low rate so the last 400 copies were made in a different binding. It's arguable that you might now prefer it and be annoyed you had the original one but don't forget the original one is now rarer as there are only 1,750 copies in circulation not the planned 2,150.

They just sold 30 copies of Blinds and Shutters they bound in a new binding that had never been bound. I actually bought the last 10 copies they ever sold in the original binding. They just sold the 30 signed by Keith and Eric Clapton at £1,695 in about an hour. No one that paid the original £325 is complaining about that.

Here is the official info about the anniversary TOTA (i.e. the last 400)

"T.O.T.A. '75 is created in a limited edition of 2,500 signed copies. 40 years on, just 400 of these rare books were specially made into Anniversary copies that celebrate Ronnie Wood's first tour with the band. As well as being signed by tour manager Peter Rudge and diarist Christopher Simon Sykes, these copies have been additionally signed by Ronnie Wood."

Thank you very much, very interesting!

Date: May 19, 2019 11:34

The items are up on Ebay againsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-19 11:47 by micawber.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home