Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Love Is Strong Multitrack
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 6, 2019 16:51

This is great stuff! Helps you understand how the Stones build their songs.
In a way they haven't evolved much : the doubling of electric guitar trax with accoustic ones was sth the band did in 70 for "Brown Sugar".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-06 17:11 by dcba.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 6, 2019 17:57

The room tracks are amazing, as well as the bleed you can hear during "silences" on the other tracks. You can hear alternate lyrics then, and how the song sounded "live" when it was first recorded.

Date: April 6, 2019 18:12

GivenToFly15
By the way, i don't remember hearing these Jagger vocals on any of the Voodoo Stew/Brew cds. Does anyone know where it might come from? Someone with access to the original multitrack tapes?

This remains a mistery to me at that point. The RAR file is dated 2013, and the files 2011. This would coincide with the making of Grrrr!, I guess. But I wonder if the multitracks were made available to the team.

I'd have to dig further the history of this song but the Stew/Brew versions of Love Is Strong apparently come from sessions when Mick was busy promoting his own album, if I am to believe Wikipedia.

I didn't compare to the released product but the vocals on these files sound like the final ones (except for the bits you can hear in the bleed or on the bongo track).

It also makes sense that there is a clean lead vocal and a dirty one: Mick stated that he recorded some vocals through his harp setup.

Posted by: Wolfgang ()
Date: April 6, 2019 19:24

I use Adobe Audition; is there any tool that anyone can recommend that is a bit more easier to use ?
Thanks

Date: April 6, 2019 19:35

Wolfgang
I use Adobe Audition; is there any tool that anyone can recommend that is a bit more easier to use ?
Thanks

Depends what OS you are running. On Mac, GarageBand may be a bit easier to use. Most Digital Audio Workstation software are a bit tricky to use - Pro Tools, Cubase, n-Track, Logic, Reaper... You always have to get into the software to get things done.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: April 6, 2019 19:44

for info.
I use the separated MJ vocal for my FP n°41 (track 13) it was posted by JoPH on YouTube ... but it's now closed cause of copyrights reclamations...

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-06 19:51 by StonyRoad.

Date: April 7, 2019 01:59

Thanks! The source website is great for stems!

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 7, 2019 09:54

I have what some of you might find an amusing question. I'm trying to find a reason why I shouldn't get this myself as well and waste heaps of time playing around with all these tracks, making all sorts of permutations and combinations - how does the formula go? Something like 48 x 47 x 46 etc. etc. ?

OK, anybody give me the obvious answer and tell me to download it, start messing around right away and O.D. on heaps of trivial fun. Of all the Stones tracks, this one really does seems to be a good one for this subject. winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2019 12:50

StonyRoad
for info.
I use the separated MJ vocal for my FP n°41 (track 13) it was posted by JoPH on YouTube ... but it's now closed cause of copyrights reclamations...

Are you saying you already had that isolated vocal ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 7, 2019 13:08

When I mentionned those multitracks earlier this week to a friend, he said he now understood where the isolated vocals youtube video came from. He had heard the isolated vocal not so long ago. I wonder when this video was created though. As I said, judging from the files dates, it seems the files have been around for a few years already.

Date: April 10, 2019 02:17

gotdablouse
StonyRoad
for info.

Are you saying you already had that isolated vocal ?

In his defence, the stems have been available for quite some time, apparently.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2019 09:39

Oh it wasn't meant to be an "attack", I just wanted to make sure I had gotten it right.

You have to wonder where that stuff came from. Clearly not the "Rock Band" style of isolation with 48 tracks being available !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:07

Thanks

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: April 10, 2019 19:56

sorry, i am not an expert
i do have 3 music editing programms on my PC and workin with them a lot. each one having different specific features but none being able to handle multitracks. the a.m. programms don´t tell me anything and do not seem to be a good choice. anyone else having a suggestion ?

Date: April 10, 2019 21:56

Dorn
sorry, i am not an expert
i do have 3 music editing programms on my PC and workin with them a lot. each one having different specific features but none being able to handle multitracks. the a.m. programms don´t tell me anything and do not seem to be a good choice. anyone else having a suggestion ?

Most editors will only let you listen to files one by one - which in this case is still interesting.

If you want to mix those 48 tracks (45 actually, one is empty, one it the timecode and the percussions track is corrupted), you'll need some DAW software.

Myself
Depends what OS you are running. On Mac, GarageBand may be a bit easier to use. Most Digital Audio Workstation software are a bit tricky to use - Pro Tools, Cubase, n-Track, Logic, Reaper... You always have to get into the software to get things done.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home