Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQ: Get Yer Ya Ya's Out TAB please
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 16, 2019 23:19

Hello Friends,

I had 'Get Yer Ya Ya's Out' LP in TAB - and lost it in a hard drive failure .... Grrrrrrrr

Can anyone help?

My email is not hidden

Re: REQ: Get Yer Ya Ya's Out TAB please
Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: March 16, 2019 23:39

Date: March 16, 2019 23:43

Taylor in a nutshell. smiling smiley

[www.songsterr.com]

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 17, 2019 03:56

Just figure it out. You don’t need tab

Date: March 17, 2019 03:59

mrpaulincanada
try

Get Your Ya Yas Out guitar tab

Bless You mrpaulincanada I thought it was gone forever thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2019 11:34

Can someone explain the two CB songs are not transcribed? Abkco didn't want to give a % of the gross to Chuck?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 17, 2019 17:10

Taylor's solo on Stray Cat I always thought has to be on of the most overlooked solos in his career and one of his best and one of the most overlooked solos in rock history. That solo should be in the rock and roll hall of fame as you walk in
and go through the exhibits.

Date: March 17, 2019 19:37

OpenG
Taylor's solo on Stray Cat I always thought has to be on of the most overlooked solos in his career and one of his best and one of the most overlooked solos in rock history. That solo should be in the rock and roll hall of fame as you walk in

agreed, and agreed. MT's solo, but also when he solos over the same section (C-G-D) later, when Jagger is singing; the note right at 3:07 is awesome. Stinging.
But to me it is Keith's guitar during the solo that I have always quoted throughout life as one of my favorite guitar parts of all time. The way he is chunking those 3 chords behind Taylor.
I had one of those epiphanies years ago, one of those first times you get really stoned, and you are listening to music; the way those two guitars always come crashing together on the A ("betcha momma don't know.."), and then one of them veers off into solo-ing.
And Jagger sings the hell out of that song too.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 17, 2019 20:12

Cooltoplady
Just figure it out. You don’t need tab
Agree. Tabs seem much more comfortable and faster in the first place. But if you learn by ear the learning is much more intense because you're not just concentrating on what is played but also on HOW every single note is played. And especially with Stones music that's often what it is about. Also learn a song by ear and you will always be able to play it. When learning with tabs, you learn it faster but also forget it faster.

Date: March 17, 2019 20:53

I have heard quite a few guitarists that were able to copy Taylor's solos very well, but a soon as they go for themselves the "Taylor-Feel" collapsed like a house of cards. So you have to understand what he's doing, otherwise copying him is quite useless, at least to me.

Date: March 17, 2019 21:59

uote
OpenG

agreed, and agreed. MT's solo, but also when he solos over the same section (C-G-D) later, when Jagger is singing; the note right at 3:07 is awesome. Stinging.
But to me it is Keith's guitar during the solo that I have always quoted throughout life as one of my favorite guitar parts of all time. The way he is chunking those 3 chords behind Taylor.
I had one of those epiphanies years ago, one of those first times you get really stoned, and you are listening to music; the way those two guitars always come crashing together on the A ("betcha momma don't know.."), and then one of them veers off into solo-ing.

Yes that stinging solo is tonal heaven to any guitarist or amateur player.

I have also thought GYYYO is a great live record to figure out and learn Keith and MT parts the guitars out of the left and right channels are so clear to listen and pick out the parts.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 17, 2019 23:50

OpenG
uote
OpenG

Yes that stinging solo is tonal heaven to any guitarist or amateur player.

I have also thought GYYYO is a great live record to figure out and learn Keith and MT parts the guitars out of the left and right channels are so clear to listen and pick out the parts.

GYYYO was the best guitar teacher I ever had.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: March 18, 2019 19:27

OpenG
I personally think Charles Robert Watts is the star of the show on this number.

Date: March 18, 2019 19:38

: Get Yer Ya Ya's Out TAB please new
Date: March 18, 2019 19:27

OpenG
I personally think Charles Robert Watts is the star of the show on this number.

Yes you are right on the whole band is rocking - since the thread was about tabs I thought I comment on those weaving distinktive guitars

Date: March 19, 2019 07:11

Charlie is always the star. I love him on JJF on Ya-Yas

Date: March 19, 2019 22:47

Palace Revolution 2000
Charlie is always the star. I love him on JJF on Ya-Yas
thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 19, 2019 23:19

This album also has its overdubs!

Date: March 19, 2019 23:31

Testify
This album also has its overdubs!

Mostly vocals. But so what? Does this fact degrade the album?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 19, 2019 23:47

retired_dog
GYYYO was the best guitar teacher I ever had.

Together with LYL.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 20, 2019 02:51

retired_dog
Does this fact degrade the album?

Yes. As does the editing.

Date: March 20, 2019 08:04

His Majesty
retired_dog
Does this fact degrade the album?

Yes. As does the editing.

They wouldn't have done overdubs if they weren't needed, for whatever reasons. I want my official live albums flawless. For my purist authenticity desire, I have bootlegs. The album is not from one concert anyway, nor is it a complete concert. Under the given vinyl limitations, they did their best to compile performances from the MSG shows and Baltimore and turn the lot into a perfect end product.

However, if one day these shows would be available undoctored and uncut, I won't hesitate to grab 'em all!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 20, 2019 15:58

The raw as it happened stuff is always better. Leave the tinkering for the studio recordings.

Date: March 20, 2019 20:25

Using tabs is a nice, quick way to learn the key 'licks' to play when you're not a proficient guitar player... I'm disappointed 'stripped' wasn't tabbed either.

I'm nearly 64 and slow to learn to pick it up on my own, having only played Rythm all these years. I'm sure there are those here who say 'work it out' and maybe you're not as time pressed as me. So thank you for your opinion- I should start a separate post and ask for it

EDIT: ask for 'Stripped' I mean in a separate post, not 'your opinions' lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 20:26 by midimannz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home