Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Bird's Vault - Volume Three
Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: March 6, 2019 23:16

gimme_shelter
Probably the 3 tattoo you alternative versions with full sax:
Neighbours, waiting on a friend and slave.
I agree with “liveathidepark”: too many people think they can remix a song or just want a collector to give them things for free. And they need it NOW.

As an average collector, it was not really new (music) but a MAJOR upgrade (sound quality).

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2019 23:19

Hendrik
runrudolph
runrudolph
gimme_shelter
I agree with “liveathidepark”: too many people think they can remix a song or just want a collector to give them things for free. And they need it NOW.

Could you repost it..please?thanks
Jeroen
Its not for me.got it covered,but tor other people on iorr.
Jetoen

Confused here Jeroen...if you have it yourself...why don't you post for the other people on IORR. Also pretty sure that everyone can ask for themselves....

Hendrik

I dont have it. I dont need it.
Jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 6, 2019 23:24

Personally the more I discover outtakes from the Nov.82 sessions the more I'm amazed (thx again to all of you who shared the "goods" here). thumbs up

The final "product" (the UC album) is a dark collection of songs with lyrics full of references to Salvadorian mass graves, S&M, the Japanese cannibal student, the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" film, etc etc.
Yet the sessions that bred this album were totally unlike the UC album : Keef brought "I Gotta Know You" which is as close as Everly Bros song he ever wrote. And Mick brought atmospheric etheral tunes like "Keep It Cool" or "In Your Hand".
It's as if Mick wanted the upcoming album to be a continuation of side 2 of "Tattoo You". "Heaven" comes to mind particularly : I see a direct connection between this track and "Keep It Cool" or "In Your Hand".

God I love this band! cool smiley

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: March 6, 2019 23:29

runrudolph
Hendrik
runrudolph
runrudolph
gimme_shelter

Could you repost it..please?thanks
Jeroen
Its not for me.got it covered,but tor other people on iorr.
Jetoen

Confused here Jeroen...if you have it yourself...why don't you post for the other people on IORR. Also pretty sure that everyone can ask for themselves....

Hendrik

I dont have it. I dont need it.
Jeroen

First you asked for the 999th time for an upload, then you said not for you, you were covered so obviously had those tracks and now you don't have them and don't need them...
How did you call the remark by Tonstone again.....?

Hendrik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-06 23:31 by Hendrik.

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: March 7, 2019 00:46

LiveAtHidepark
gimme_shelter

As an average collector, it was not really new (music) but a MAJOR upgrade (sound quality).

Can someone re-upload this three tracks, Tnx!

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: March 7, 2019 10:16

axl79
LiveAtHidepark
gimme_shelter

Can someone re-upload this three tracks, Tnx!

Where was them shared? This is completely new to me.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: March 7, 2019 10:17

bkeys
dcba
Wow "Part Of The Night" is about to be released!? thumbs up

[we.tl]

Thank you!

Posted by: biggzee ()
Date: March 7, 2019 10:42

Posted by: DocAndCat ()
Date: March 7, 2019 12:07

Thanks biggzee

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 7, 2019 15:06

bkeys
Tonstone
Also very telling when some unreleased tracks are about to be made available . they are mysteriously posted - Oh look I have had these all the time. I give them to you now as a present. Well thank you very much we are indebted to you.

Would you rather not have those songs? fine by me.

Thanks, bkeys, for coming back and posting this gem!
Please don´t listen to the idiots. 99,9% of of the people
here recommend your uploads.

Please keep ´em coming!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 7, 2019 17:12

glimmertwin1
bkeys
dcba
Wow "Part Of The Night" is about to be released!? thumbs up

[we.tl]

Thank you!

Thank You!!!

Any info on this take?

C

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 7, 2019 18:35

liddas
Any info on this take?

See Hendrik recording index post page 1 of this thread.winking smiley

HMN

Date: March 7, 2019 19:28

liddas

Any info on this take?

C

According to the classification et by Nico Znetgraf it could be labelled as "Golden Caddy V" or "Part of The Night".
It's quite interesting to see they resurrected this one from the SG sessions except the UC takes are faster. It's in G, with a mix of G major and G minor keys (you can solo on it in G minor but there's a F# in the intro).
It's definitely a Keef song but I don't know if he plays it standard or in open G.

Date: March 7, 2019 19:46

Honestman
liddas
Any info on this take?

See Hendrik recording index post page 1 of this thread.winking smiley

Thank you!

C

Date: March 7, 2019 19:51

dcba
liddas

Any info on this take?

C

According to the classification et by Nico Znetgraf it could be labelled as "Golden Caddy V" or "Part of The Night".
It's quite interesting to see they resurrected this one from the SG sessions except the UC takes are faster. It's in G, with a mix of G major and G minor keys (you can solo on it in G minor but there's a F# in the intro).
It's definitely a Keef song but I don't know if he plays it standard or in open G.

Thank you!

Without a guitar in my hand, I'd say open G.

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-07 19:52 by liddas.

Posted by: mcp ()
Date: March 7, 2019 21:15

I'd also like to mention that the person that made the LPs may have paid for his (or her) tapes, and just wants to recoup his (or her) investment.

Date: March 7, 2019 21:36

Yeah it's very likely the group of superfans who "inherited" the Art Collins tapes must have put some money on the table to get the goods.

As for "Part Of The Night" a rough transcription of the intro would give :

C F# G, B F# G, A F# G played in arpeggios on the A D G strings.
It can be played in standard or open G but the rest of the song suggests it's an open G tuning that was used.

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: March 7, 2019 23:05

Thanks for the re-up!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 7, 2019 23:48

bkeys
Tonstone
Also very telling when some unreleased tracks are about to be made available . they are mysteriously posted - Oh look I have had these all the time. I give them to you now as a present. Well thank you very much we are indebted to you.

I respect anyone who posts or shares and I thank you for posting. As this is a forum by the definition of the word "For Discussion". Why choose now to post ?. Is it only because this and a lot of other material that belongs to the Rolling Stones is about to be circulated to a grander audience, I don't know that's why I ask the question of why you choose now to post. Please don't worry about me not having these songs.

Date: March 7, 2019 23:53

runrudolph
bkeys
Tonstone

Dumb n stupid remark by tonstone.
Sorry
Jeroen

Coming from you I would treat that as a compliment, but you really don't have to repeat yourself.

Date: March 8, 2019 00:02

TooTough
bkeys
Tonstone

Thanks, bkeys, for coming back and posting this gem!
Please don´t listen to the idiots. 99,9% of of the people
here recommend your uploads.

Please keep ´em coming!

Too Tough If you are quoting my post please don't refer to me as an idiot. You don't know me,I don't know you, so please refrain from personal comments. Have a discussion by all means but don't get personal.

Posted by: bkeys ()
Date: March 8, 2019 09:29

Tonstone
bkeys
Tonstone

I respect anyone who posts or shares and I thank you for posting. As this is a forum by the definition of the word "For Discussion". Why choose now to post ?. Is it only because this and a lot of other material that belongs to the Rolling Stones is about to be circulated to a grander audience, I don't know that's why I ask the question of why you choose now to post. Please don't worry about me not having these songs.

fair enough. it's just that i saw a remark that part of the night was going to be released, that's why i decided to make it available. either on the OBR or by me (or anyone else), it doesn't matter as long as it gets out.

Date: March 8, 2019 14:37

bkeys
Tonstone
bkeys
Tonstone

fair enough. it's just that i saw a remark that part of the night was going to be released, that's why i decided to make it available. either on the OBR or by me (or anyone else), it doesn't matter as long as it gets out.

Ok bkeys I respect that. I apologise If I sounded a bit blunt and after reading it back it did sound like that way. So for that I am sorry and please as others have said keep posting. As you said as long as it gets out. thumbs up

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 8, 2019 15:09

Thanks for sharing bkeys. Any bit of unreleased music is welcome.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: March 8, 2019 22:24

maybe we could share the cost by giving Hendrik bocks on Ppal ?

part of the night is in fact...an alreay existing outtakes but without Mick singing. can't remember the name

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 10, 2019 16:24

Where can I buy or download it?

Thank you in advance for information.

sway1971@freenet.de

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 11, 2019 09:02

toomuchforme

part of the night is in fact...an alreay existing outtakes but without Mick singing. can't remember the name

GOLDEN CADDY
Jeroen

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: March 11, 2019 10:06

wupperstein
Where can I buy or download it?

Thank you in advance for information.

[email protected]

[www.basement-news.de]

N

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 11, 2019 10:27

Thank you!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 12, 2019 00:23

toomuchforme

I think the first time it "got out" was as the short "Brown Leaves" instrumental on the stupendous "Could you walk on water" boot in 2014. Then we got a much longer version called "Golden Caddy" on...hum...my memory fails me right now (Edit : looked it up, it was The Pain of Love with Break Away too) but it wasn't long after. Actually it may still have been called BL at that time.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 00:26 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home