Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Bird's Vault - Volume Three
Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: March 1, 2019 22:25

It Must Be Hell (version 1)
Too Tough
Pink Pick
Stop That (version II)
Chris Song
Melobar
Stop That (version III)
All Mixed Up
Cookin' Up (version I)

Outsider Bird OBR 93039
150 numbered copies: 115 copies on yellow vinyl, rest on black vinyl.

Hendrik Mulder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 22:29 by Hendrik.

Re: Bird's Vault - Volume Three
Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: March 1, 2019 23:07

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: March 2, 2019 04:00

Put me down for a yellow!!!

Posted by: pg592003 ()
Date: March 2, 2019 10:06

I'm interested in buying a copy if available.

PG

Date: March 2, 2019 12:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-02 20:16 by Hendrik.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 2, 2019 13:12

Interesting..
If someone could post it , please.
Thanks
jeroen

Date: March 2, 2019 18:46

For details and pics of this record, and all other OBR's, pls check:

[www.facebook.com]

Enjoy!

ps: Not selling these records and I don't have extra copies; I purely posted this for informative reasons.

Hendrik

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 2, 2019 19:44

Hendrik have you listened to it yet?

Apparently It Must Be Hell I, Too Tough, All Mixed Up, Cookin' Up I are well-known while Pink Pick, Chris Song and Melobar are new.

Stop That (version II and III) are intriguing...

Date: March 2, 2019 20:13

Just gave the record a spin and have to say it's really hard work listening and comparing music from vinyl....

It Must Be Hell was already released on the DAC release 'Think You Like It' but this version sounds much clearer.
Too Tough is different than on DAC release 'Chain Saw Massacre' or 'Jamming with Stu' (VGP), so this one seems new to me...
All Mixed Up is already available on the cd 'All Mixed Up' (DAC).
Cookin' Up sounds new to me and so are the rest of the songs..

Hendrik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-02 20:17 by Hendrik.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 2, 2019 21:55

Can you kindly post it?.I would be very happy!

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: March 2, 2019 22:30

Salivate like a pavlov dog grinning smiley

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: March 3, 2019 13:29

Great info! Thanks!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 3, 2019 20:34

Guys you have to respect Hendrik , He probably paid a fortune to obtain this limited edition vinyl LP and is hardly wanting to give it away just because certain people want a download. In bygone day's we respected bootleg releases and bought what we could afford, We would then tape the Vinyl to cassette tape and swap with other collecters. Yes in the bygone days we waited for packages of cassette tapes to arrive before adding to our collections.And we respectecd our traders. Today everyone want's or expects an upload without giving anything back.SAD SAD SAD !!

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: March 3, 2019 21:28

Tonstone
Guys you have to respect Hendrik , He probably paid a fortune to obtain this limited edition vinyl LP and is hardly wanting to give it away just because certain people want a download. In bygone day's we respected bootleg releases and bought what we could afford, We would then tape the Vinyl to cassette tape and swap with other collecters. Yes in the bygone days we waited for packages of cassette tapes to arrive before adding to our collections.And we respectecd our traders. Today everyone want's or expects an upload without giving anything back.SAD SAD SAD !!

Congratulations for this message. I could not agree more.

Respect to Hendrik, respect to bootlegs collectors, respect to tape collectors.

Date: March 3, 2019 22:16

As always Im pretty sure these recordings will be picked up by any of the well known bootlegs cd labels and soon thereafter distributed online...

So soon we will be discussing every track of this release on here...smiling smiley

Hendrik

Date: March 3, 2019 22:34

Also, and that probably cause I'm 'old school', receiving this record, taking it out of the sleeve, put the beautiful yellow vinyl for the first time on my turn table and listening to an outtake of It Must Be Hell, really put a smile on my face....

Don't get me wrong, have really 1000+ shows and numerous outtakes on my Mac but putting a Liver Than You'll Ever Be from TMOQ on my turn table and listening to it gives me a different feeling than streaming it from my Mac to my amplifier...

It's all about the experience...

Play it loud!

Hendrik

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 3, 2019 22:43

Thanks You H

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: March 4, 2019 00:30

To be honest this is, overall, a very weak release, really only 3 unheard tracks and all 3 of them are nothing special to me.

Date: March 4, 2019 05:29

Mr.D
To be honest this is, overall, a very weak release, really only 3 unheard tracks and all 3 of them are nothing special to me.

A very weak release??
Only 3 unheard songs??

In your post on dec 16 (Bird’s Vault Vol. 1&2) you claimed:

“Since I have five of the unheard tracks from Birds Vault Volume 3 do you all think I should go ahead and let you hear them now?”

And now only 3??
Have you actually listened to the album??

I think there are 7 new tracks and the other 2 (It Must Be Hell and All Mixed Up) are in better quality than on previous DAC and VGP releases.

Maybe a little bit more information per track before you mark it as a very weak release and not special...

Hendrik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-04 05:45 by Hendrik.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 4, 2019 12:08

I get the whole idea of waiting to buy and enjoy the boots you could afford like in the good lold days (been there, done that) but it seems that OBR are just milking the Collins Tapes and that there's really no good reason for that, other than making money from stuff that they don't own...I wonder how much longer it's going to last, based on the Collins lists it could last for a long, long time ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 4, 2019 13:02

gotdablouse
I get the whole idea of waiting to buy and enjoy the boots you could afford like in the good lold days (been there, done that) but it seems that OBR are just milking the Collins Tapes and that there's really no good reason for that, other than making money from stuff that they don't own...I wonder how much longer it's going to last, based on the Collins lists it could last for a long, long time ;-)

100% agree here: bootleggers always have made some money from stuff they don't own.
I think OBR is doing that in a rather nice way; interesting stuff which often hasn't been released before, well researched and packed in a very nice way. Their releases reminding the old days of Trade Mark of Quality.
As their releases are very limited (100-200 copies), no doubt it will be sold out fast and then the bootleg will be bootlegged...

Everyone collects in her/his own way: tapes, cd's cd-r's, vinyl or downloads.
We can debate if something is collectable or valuable but the main thing is that we all enjoy the music and especially when new tracks become available...

Hendrik

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 4, 2019 14:50

I'm not a bootlegger. I am only a 66 years old Stonesfan from Germany.
My first concert was in 1970.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: March 4, 2019 15:15

Yes you are...ADMIT IT!

wupperstein
I'm not a bootlegger. I am only a 66 years old Stonesfan from Germany.
My first concert was in 1970.

Date: March 5, 2019 12:31

I just noticed that the insert with the track listing, which comes with the vinyl release, mentions also a cd release:

Hendrik

Date: March 5, 2019 12:36

Thx for all the infos Hendrik!

If the OBR boss puts 4 new tracks on each "Bird's Vault" release I wonder how many volumes will be necessary to get all the new UC tracks. 10? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-05 12:36 by dcba.

Date: March 5, 2019 20:06

Thanks for the additional info Hendrik, I didn't realize they'd gone through the trouble of giving info on the tracks. Could you take a picture of the insert by any chance?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 5, 2019 22:12

Hendrik

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: March 5, 2019 23:14

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 3, 2019 20:34

how right you are !!
in those days every 3 months we waited for hours in line to get into the record fair just to jump onto our favourite dealers asking "what´snew, what´s new" and drove home all smiles because we could grab some interisting viynls or cd´s
and we REALY appreciated whatever we had found

Date: March 6, 2019 00:21

Wow "Part Of The Night" is about to be released!? thumbs up

Date: March 6, 2019 01:10

@Hendrik - Thanks for the pics ! Some interesting details indeed ;-)

--------------

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home