Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Rolling Stones - Barroom Queen In Phoenix '81_JEMS_AcidProject 037
Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: February 16, 2019 15:15

Its just downloaded for me now so hopefully it was just at wetransfers end thumbs up

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: February 16, 2019 15:20

Paul Kersey
Its just downloaded for me now so hopefully it was just at wetransfers end thumbs up

Yes, i have just checked an it works.......must be "due to a popular demand, overload" smoking smiley

Date: February 16, 2019 15:28

CaptainAcid
Paul Kersey

Yes, i have just checked an it works.......must be "due to a popular demand, overload" smoking smiley

I would definitely say so Captain. Just listened to a few tracks. This is a major upgrade! Thank you so much as its one of the finest performances of the tour. BIG thumbs up UP!

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: February 16, 2019 16:06

Got it now!
Many thanks!
Hervé

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 16, 2019 16:50

I haven't listen to Barroom Queen In Phoenix '81_JEMS_AcidProject 037 but I do remember that Neighbors, Just My Imagination and Black limousine were great from this concert in their unedited form. Hopefully these are unedited here.

THANKS!

Posted by: daisybenito ()
Date: February 16, 2019 16:54

Resolved

Date: February 16, 2019 17:11

I had no problem downloading but the artwork folders are empty. Will someone please post the artwork.

Date: February 16, 2019 17:52

Reposted on WeTransfer:

Barroom Queen In Phoenix '81_JEMS_AcidProject 037

[wetransfer.com]

Date: February 16, 2019 18:24

just artwork

[we.tl]

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: February 16, 2019 22:43

i got it now, finally
tks to JEMS to share this material, from a different rare source, very generous of you
and tks to CaptainAcid for the remastering jpob, well done

i bought "satisfaction guaranteed" about 20 years ago and got the EVSD version as well. all sound great but different, in great sound quality, all coming from mixing board. i am no expert but what exactly is now the difference to the 2 a.m. and these "in-house cassettes". they all come from the same recording/tape, don´t they ?

Date: February 16, 2019 23:18

Dorn
i got it now, finally
tks to JEMS to share this material, from a different rare source, very generous of you
and tks to CaptainAcid for the remastering jpob, well done

i bought "satisfaction guaranteed" about 20 years ago and got the EVSD version as well. all sound great but different, in great sound quality, all coming from mixing board. i am no expert but what exactly is now the difference to the 2 a.m. and these "in-house cassettes". they all come from the same recording/tape, don´t they ?

yes, it is the same recording, but remixes are bit different. Some of those were the live mixes, soundboard, sound that was mixed for the audience at the venue. But because it was recorded on multitracks some were remixed after the concert. To be honest, i don't know which is which. That can probably only be answered by someone involved in the recording and mixing process.

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: February 17, 2019 08:28

Thanks captain

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 17, 2019 11:54

CaptainAcid

yes, it is the same recording, but remixes are bit different.

Imho the 1st mix is decently balanced while the "alt" has the guitars buried in the mix and you're left with Mick and the drums (the good thing about this alt mix is you can hear Stu better).

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: February 17, 2019 12:20

Thank you very very much

Date: February 17, 2019 12:41

dcba
CaptainAcid

yes, it is the same recording, but remixes are bit different.

Imho the 1st mix is decently balanced while the "alt" has the guitars buried in the mix and you're left with Mick and the drums (the good thing about this alt mix is you can hear Stu better).

Yes, you can hear Stu and sax better, but i kinda prefer this second mix, although i would add more guitars.....if i had multitracks smoking smiley

Date: February 17, 2019 15:26

Are there any other 1981 tour shows of this quality to come out Captain?

Date: February 17, 2019 16:03

Paul Kersey

I don't know, we have to thank JEMS for this one.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: February 17, 2019 16:13

CaptainAcid
Paul Kersey

I don't know, we have to thank JEMS for this one.

Please, ask! ASK!!!!!

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: February 17, 2019 20:47

The liner notes mention another alternate mix of Phoenix (Another piece I'd quite happily listen to) but the thought of JEMS offering a few more goodies from this stash is very exciting.

Posted by: JEMS ()
Date: February 17, 2019 20:53

sandandglue
The liner notes mention another alternate mix of Phoenix (Another piece I'd quite happily listen to) but the thought of JEMS offering a few more goodies from this stash is very exciting.

The download contains both mixes, hence two different cover art, different liner notes.

Date: February 17, 2019 21:21

Thanks for this share JEMS smileys with beer hope you'll be sharing more in the future thumbs up

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: February 17, 2019 22:04

Wow !!! thumbs up

This is on any trackers aso ?

Thanks JEMS, thanks Captain ...

Date: February 17, 2019 22:18

JEMS
sandandglue

The download contains both mixes, hence two different cover art, different liner notes.

Both mixes from this tapes? I'm lost ...

But thank you very much for sharing here!

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: February 17, 2019 22:41

Yep, I couldn't see the woods for the Stones! Thanks for pointing that out, JEMS!

Date: February 17, 2019 23:39

Dan wrote:

WOW! The "Captain" is a cool guy to 'share' these recordings risking the ire of the Jems label who might want to initially profit with a silver disc version.

I have burned the Alt. Reference mixes to CD. They sound great, I am so happy to have this version. I must tell you, the mix is not perfect, but that is nit picking. I wonder what these references were for? Evaluating candidates for the "Still Life" Album?. Good to hear the familiar makers there in the recording, There is a fade in/out between Imagination and 20 Flight Rock Then between Going to a Go-Go and Let me Go. I guess we have to check the "Ruff mixes" for a possible difference.

I wonder if there is anyway to see if "Satisfaction Guaranteed" was dupe of one of there cassettes...It is great to have so many examples of the 1981 Tour. I wonder if we could ever get the whole 51 date American Tour in soundboard quality. WE are missing Worcester club gig, 10/1/81 Rockford IL, 10/4/81 Boulder, (our Lee Allen gigs) ,10/7/81 San Diego, 10/11/81 LA night 2, 11/12-13/81 MSG shows, 11/16-17/81 Cleveland shows..(one of the Houston, and Orlando shows??) that's just off the top of my head.

Guess we have some listenin' to do................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: JEMS ()
Date: February 18, 2019 18:18

exilestones
Dan wrote:

WOW! The "Captain" is a cool guy to 'share' these recordings risking the ire of the Jems label who might want to initially profit with a silver disc version.

Er, not sure how the "Captain" is "risking the ire of the JEMS label" when we, JEMS, provided the tapes to the "Captain" ourselves and asked him to distribute on IORR.

Also it seems as though a few folks are still confused about the sources and mixes.

We had two different pairs of cassettes, four tapes total, with each set offering a different mixdown of the multi-track soundboard recording of Tempe.

So they are from the same source, but they are mixed differently.

Date: February 18, 2019 18:23

CaptainAcid
just artwork

[we.tl]

Thank you

Date: February 18, 2019 18:37

JEMS
exilestones
Dan wrote:

Er, not sure how the "Captain" is "risking the ire of the JEMS label" when we, JEMS, provided the tapes to the "Captain" ourselves and asked him to distribute on IORR.

Dan isn't on IORR, so he doesn't understand the relationships.

Now Dan writes:

NOTE the missing YCAGWYW on the Alt reference mixes.

Date: February 18, 2019 20:36

JEMS
exilestones
Dan wrote:

Also it seems as though a few folks are still confused about the sources and mixes.

We had two different pairs of cassettes, four tapes total, with each set offering a different mixdown of the multi-track soundboard recording of Tempe.

Thanks again for sharing the tapes JEMS thumbs up

Date: February 19, 2019 00:55

JEMS
exilestones
Dan wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home