Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mord Und Totschlag Blu-Ray/DVD release
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 26, 2019 20:10

[edition-deutsche-vita.de]

[m.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-26 20:35 by His Majesty.

Re: Mord Und Totschlag Blu-Ray/DVD release
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 26, 2019 20:27

Wonder if the Brian Jones Estate will receive any royalties?

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: January 26, 2019 20:33

cool news, thanks !

Date: January 26, 2019 20:39

Regarding the soundtrack being released on CD I got this as a reply.

"We tried to include a soundtrack CD in our release, but it was a tricky task to find licensor and materials, so we had to stop the idea. Maybe someone will have more luck in the future."

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 26, 2019 22:30

Don't expect too much of the movie itself. It is typical German "Autorenkino". Schlöndorff became "commercial" much later. But He Held Anita Pallenberg in high regards: She was a "Kinotier" (a "movie beast") - that got lost due to Keith's more than to Brian's fault...

Date: January 27, 2019 00:24

JJHMick
Don't expect too much of the movie itself. It is typical German "Autorenkino". Schlöndorff became "commercial" much later. But He Held Anita Pallenberg in high regards: She was a "Kinotier" (a "movie beast") - that got lost due to Keith's more than to Brian's fault...
y

I don't think Anita needed any encouragement from anyone when it came to lifestyle choices. If she had gone with someone other than Keith, I suspect her life would have followed the same path.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 27, 2019 01:58

jlowe
JJHMick
y

I don't think Anita needed any encouragement from anyone when it came to lifestyle choices. If she had gone with someone other than Keith, I suspect her life would have followed the same path.

You are right.........it was Anita's live style they lived not Keith's.

Date: January 27, 2019 05:42

I've had the US dubbed version on bootleg for years. Hard to judge the film as the dubbing is quite annoying. Anyway, watching Anita whilst listening to Brian's music for 80 or so minutes is a not so bad way to pass the time. grinning smiley

Having Marlon seems to have been the main thing that put an end to her acting career. Becoming a junke and then moving to France with the stones also influencing things.

Of course, there's also Keith trying to ger her to stop acting, offering her money.

Going by Keith's comments from 2008 about Brian and Anita and Stash's thoughts on those comments... Anita might not have made it out of Morroco had she not run off with Keith in March 1967.

Really glad Mord Und Totschlag is available in German with subtitles rathern than dubbed, and in high quality. Dissapointing that the soundtrack as a stand alone CD release is still an elusive thing, but it will be heard in the film in high quality as well.

Here's Keith comments...

Source: [www.gq.com]

"Let's talk about women. Specifically, you and Brian and Anita Pallenberg in Morocco, when you stole her from Brian.

I had no intention of stealing his woman. I was trying to heal certain things that had been going on, on the road with Brian. To me, somebody in the band needed to deck him. But, um, that whole area gets into… I'm hanging with Brian and Anita and having a good time, and then I thought, Eventually, I've got to get her out of here before she kills him. I'm trying to save my band here, and she's so much tougher than him. And he's asking for trouble. Look, every time they had a fight, I called up for bandages, and it turns out I'd have to send them round to Brian. laughs Actually, what I guess I'm saying is that there was a conflict there that had to be broken. And I broke it. I said, "C'mon, girl, get out of here. This is no fun." Now, that didn't help my chances with making up with Brian.

Yet you did make up.

Yes, in a way. The real break came because Brian just insisted on keeping on being Brian. You feel it when you're out in the middle of the Midwest, playing Tulsa or somewhere, and your other guitar player ain't there. He's sacked out in a hospital in Chicago because he got too stoned. When you've been on the road for 350 days a year—it might seem like a minor thing now, as I speak to it—but when you've been on the road and you've got to cover for him, things get a little antsy, you know_wwww_ growls."

And Stash's reply to typically crackpot series of posts about it by the more OTT Brian fans...

"OK let's get some clarity here. First of all Brian himself admitted, to me, that he had handled everything badly, that he was at fault as far as Anita was concerned. He asked if I thought he might get her back, and I told him I thought it might be possible, and then he insisted that I should support his attempt which I did, that it didn't happen is immaterial as although they didn't get back together a reconciliation was effected. Now, as Morocco is concerned at the end of the day, to take Anita and leave actually might have averted an even much bigger tragedy, because, again, Brian jealous handled it all wrong and he lost. Keith and Brian did reconcile to some extent but what is strange in the quote from Keith is his complaint of Brian missing a gig in the US which had happened long before 1967."

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-27 05:56 by His Majesty.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: January 27, 2019 19:09

Anita + Keith + Schlöndorff (1:02) in Cannes …

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 27, 2019 19:17

thomashanck
Anita + Keith + Schlöndorff (1:02) in Cannes …

[www.youtube.com]

At the premiere Keith was keeping out of the way back in their hotel.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 27, 2019 20:48

That's a great GQ interview from 10 years ago.
Thanks for posting.

Date: February 1, 2019 15:25

Woohoo, it's here! The picture and audio quality is superb. Brian's soundtrack sounds so clear! Buy this!! [edition-deutsche-vita.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 10:47 by His Majesty.

Date: February 1, 2019 15:32

Anita looks so damn yummy and sounds so sexy speaking german. hot smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 1, 2019 17:31

It's not available to ship to the US?

Date: February 1, 2019 17:35

His Majesty
Anita looks so damn yummy and sounds so sexy speaking german. hot smiley

Wunderbar!

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: February 1, 2019 17:41

Yes, great quality - if only there could have been a Soundtrack CD without the talking... smileys with beer

Date: February 1, 2019 17:54

rootsman
Yes, great quality - if only there could have been a Soundtrack CD without the talking... smileys with beer

They tried, but the tapes are lost. sad smiley

Still, it sounds really clear on this release.

A vast improvement on the bootleg DVD version with dubbed voices.

thumbs up

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: February 1, 2019 19:59

hear Brian saying something in german…

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 1, 2019 20:04

His Majesty
rootsman

They tried, but the tapes are lost. sad smiley

thumbs up

Poor Brian. Can't even get a little glory 50 years after his death.

Date: February 2, 2019 19:03

Audio from the opening credits. So much clearer than the hissy bootleg.

[www.youtube.com]

The murder scene with Jimmy Page's ace fuzz guitar.

[www.youtube.com]

The aftermath of the murder with Brian's fragile recorder theme.

[www.youtube.com]

smoking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 19:12 by His Majesty.

Date: February 2, 2019 20:24

His Majesty
Audio from the opening credits. So much clearer than the hissy bootleg.

[www.youtube.com]

The murder scene with Jimmy Page's ace fuzz guitar.

[www.youtube.com]

The aftermath of the murder with Brian's fragile recorder theme.

[www.youtube.com]

smoking smiley

Great!

The sound of murder and fatal blows smoking smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 2, 2019 20:26

2 different covers: Anita in blue, Anita in red.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 2, 2019 20:30

VoodooLounge13
It's not available to ship to the US?

Regarding to what is written at "Versandkosten" (shipping costs) they send it inside Germany, to EU countries (Europe) and "Rest der Welt" (rest of the world: 8,40 Euro).

Date: February 2, 2019 23:23

My copy arrived, Germany to Scotlsnd, quickly and really well packaged. thumbs up

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 3, 2019 17:35

Did Brian write and play all the music? It sounds great and would seem to have some potential had it been fleshed out

Date: February 4, 2019 04:41

Wrote it, yes, played it all, no.

The music works great for it's intended use.

It shows that claims, like Stu's that "Brian was incapable of writing music!" is nonsense.

But, it also some what confirms Jagger and Oldhams view that Brian's music was a bit too busy with lots of chord changes for pop music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-04 04:43 by His Majesty.

Date: February 4, 2019 10:02

His Majesty

It shows that claims, like Stu's that "Brian was incapable of writing music!" is nonsense.

But, it also some what confirms Jagger and Oldhams view that Brian's music was a bit too busy with lots of chord changes for pop music.

BUT...and it's a big but, I've often thought that Brian had the potential to do a zMike Oldfield, he of Tubular Bells fame.
Brian had the instrumental skills surely. Lyrics were not his strength obviously.

Of course he would have needed a lot of things going for him: focus, self discipline, inspiration physical and mental health, financial and emotional support, a record label,
Which wasnt where he was at in 1969, sadly.

Certainly the music industry then was more receptive to less commercial music and as Nonesuch Records showed, World music was becoming of interest to western consumers.
Brian's name alone would have added significant commercial value to any project.

Date: February 4, 2019 10:45

jlowe
His Majesty

BUT...and it's a big but, I've often thought that Brian had the potential to do a zMike Oldfield, he of Tubular Bells fame.
Brian had the instrumental skills surely. Lyrics were not his strength obviously.

Of course he would have needed a lot of things going for him: focus, self discipline, inspiration physical and mental health, financial and emotional support, a record label,
Which wasnt where he was at in 1969, sadly.

Certainly the music industry then was more receptive to less commercial music and as Nonesuch Records showed, World music was becoming of interest to western consumers.
Brian's name alone would have added significant commercial value to any project.

He would have needed to structure his ideas AND some great musicians to work with to make something as big as that.

Yeah, why not? Of course he could have done it. But would have needed a grand vision to fulfill a project like Tubular Bells or something similar.

Date: February 4, 2019 12:38

Erk. Brian could be pretensious, but he thankfully kept it out of his playing. smoking smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 4, 2019 12:40

His Majesty

Well, in the end it is still not more than bits and pieces of Brian playing harmonica over an R&B beat (and even clashing with the strings during some of his bends) and some musings on recorder. It is still far away from being actual songs.

Mathijs

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home