Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Brussels affair- vinyl- Price
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 11, 2018 10:00

I wonder why gems on vinyl like-The Brussels affair- are very overpriced
The Rolling Stones could release this album priced as a normal double album..
Any chance this will happen ?

Re: The Brussels affair- vinyl- Price
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 11, 2018 10:27

steffiestones
I wonder why ******** are very overpriced

steffiestones
The Rolling Stones

Date: October 11, 2018 10:47

The box set was very good, actually. However, it is still overpriced.

The book is awesome. The watch is crap.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 11, 2018 10:59

Do you mean the watch is extra crap or it's bad quality? I haven't tried to use mine but I think Seiko makes a good watch. I love this box set. I was lucky enough to get one for $350. It's worth it to me.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 11, 2018 14:40

My favourite Stones super deluxe boxset...beside that shitty watch...
Book is a joy to flip through from time to time...

Date: October 11, 2018 17:41

Maybe I'm the only guy that likes the watch? Anyhow I suppose some people don't like it because it increased the price of the box? I find it interesting because it's descriptive of that time period, plus what other boxset has a watch included. Anyhow I hope this record gets a proper release so all fans can enjoy it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2018 18:05

frankotero
Do you mean the watch is extra crap or it's bad quality? I haven't tried to use mine but I think Seiko makes a good watch. I love this box set. I was lucky enough to get one for $350. It's worth it to me.

I was delving into my box the other day, and the watch is still nicely snugged in place. I don't wear watches anymore, but it seems to be very nice!
As for the price of the box, I paid $150 during a blowout sale, and in hindsight should have bought one or two more - it was the best deal I've ever gotten from the Stones as far as merch goes.

Date: October 11, 2018 18:28

LOL I came here because I was hoping for a brand new angle on Brussels: the Jim Price POV.

Date: October 11, 2018 18:35

Wow, $150 that's amazing. I feel you on the best deal from The Stones. That's a rarity in itself. Fun fact I never removed the watch from the box. It's only eye candy, but it's cool to me.

Date: October 11, 2018 18:41

frankotero

It stopped after a couple of months...

Date: October 11, 2018 19:13

Sorry to hear that Dandy. Maybe Seiko made these cheap, or you got a bad one. I don't think I would wear mine because leather gives me a rash. Found that out with my 007 Swatch Watch, I loved the damn thing too! Anyhow after that no more watches for me. How's your slipcase for the book? Mine started to peel on the inside so I put tape there, all good now. I love the open spongey tongue.

Date: October 11, 2018 19:31

frankotero
Sorry to hear that Dandy. Maybe Seiko made these cheap, or you got a bad one. I don't think I would wear mine because leather gives me a rash. Found that out with my 007 Swatch Watch, I loved the damn thing too! Anyhow after that no more watches for me. How's your slipcase for the book? Mine started to peel on the inside so I put tape there, all good now. I love the open spongey tongue.

The watch did never run but I don't care about that.
Concerning the slipcase I made the same experience,frankotero.Some use of tape and the book slides smoothly again...had some worries it scratch the front and back of the book but everything's fine now.

Date: October 11, 2018 19:35

No problems with the slipcase so far...

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 11, 2018 22:06

Is there even a site where one could purchase a boot of this show?

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: October 11, 2018 22:40

Paddy
Discogs, musicstack, PicClickit, Cd and LP, are a few...very easy to find this gig on boot...many different labels and pressings over the years...in my opinion the boot is a better mix than the official..

Date: October 11, 2018 22:43

diverseharmonics
Paddy
Discogs, musicstack, PicClickit, Cd and LP, are a few...very easy to find this gig on boot...many different labels and pressings over the years...in my opinion the boot is a better mix than the official..

Only three of these songs are on the bootlegs, though.

The Brussels Affair is on Youtube. Record it before they take it down.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2018 23:44

shortfatfanny
frankotero

Concerning the slipcase I made the same experience,frankotero.Some use of tape and the book slides smoothly again...had some worries it scratch the front and back of the book but everything's fine now.

Regarding the watch, briefly just took it out from it's little "nest" for the first time, and this might be stating the obvious, but there's a very small piece of plastic between the dial knob and the watch itself. Once I removed the plastic, I was able to push the knob in and voila...the clock started ticking. Pulled the knob back out and placed the watch back in box as I don't want it to wear itself out. Might want to check to see if the little plastic thingy is preventing it from ticking!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 12, 2018 00:00

Palace Revolution 2000
LOL I came here because I was hoping for a brand new angle on Brussels: the Jim Price POV.

"The Jim Price POV" should be the name of a major motion picture about something that happened on the 1972 American Tour and was resolved between shows at Brussels in 1973.

We need scriptwriters.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: October 12, 2018 08:29

I am looking for a copy of the official lp's.If somebody have a copy for sale I am your man.

Date: October 13, 2018 03:34

Hairball
shortfatfanny
frankotero

Regarding the watch, briefly just took it out from it's little "nest" for the first time, and this might be stating the obvious, but there's a very small piece of plastic between the dial knob and the watch itself. Once I removed the plastic, I was able to push the knob in and voila...the clock started ticking. Pulled the knob back out and placed the watch back in box as I don't want it to wear itself out. Might want to check to see if the little plastic thingy is preventing it from ticking!

Now...that's embarassing...I didn't notice that tiny plastic thing blocking the knob...it works...or should better say,it worked,because I did the same after checking as you did...
Thanks for your advice,Hairball.

The Stupid Me Affair eye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home