Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Charlie Watts Sidesteps: THE ABC & D OF BOOGIE WOOGIE – Vol 01 04h September 2009: Eastleigh, England, the Concorde Club
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: September 12, 2018 14:17

Here a new series:
Charlie Watts Sidesteps:
The A, B, C & D of Boogie Woogie-series

This series is dedicated to the Boogie Woogie side-project of Charlie Watts between 2009 - 2012. All song titles were not identified yet. Also there are many instrumental improvisations (which haven't got any song title at all) and there might be some mistakes.
Any help is welcome!
Thanks to all the original recorders and especially to nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who provided me their recordings, gave critic and advice regarding my work …. So without whom this project wouldn’t have been possible!
…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

THE ABC & D OF BOOGIE WOOGIE – Vol 01
04h September 2009:
Eastleigh, England, the Concorde Club

Line-up: CW (dr)/Ben Waters (p)/Axel Zwingenberger (p)/Dave Green (bass)/Derek Nash (sax)/Willie Garnett (sax)/Hamish Maxwell (voc on 4 songs)

CD1: first Set
01 – Axel Zwingenberger intro *
02 – Axel and Ben Waters fast piano instrumental #1 *
03 – Axel and Ben fast piano instrumental #2*
04 – Down The Road Apiece *
05 – Axel and Ben fast piano instrumental #3 *
06 – band introduction (cut)!
07 – Low Down Dog
08 – Roomin’ House Boogie
09 – Such A Night
10 – unknown boogie woogie (Ben on vocals)
11 – introduction of Hamish Maxwell
12 – Cherry Red (with Hamish Maxwell)
13 – Roll’Em Pete (with Hamish Maxwell)
14 – Bring It On Home To Me
15 – band introduction # 2
16 – Chicken Shack Boogie

CD2: Second Set
01 – “2nd-Half Blues” (Axel piano improvisation) *
02 – Boogie In The Barrelhouse (Axel piano instrumental) *
03 – Steel Dragon (Axel piano instrumental) *
04 – band introduction #3
05 – fast boogie instrumental
06 – How Long Blues
07 – slow blues instrumental
08 – Sympathy For The Drummer
09 – I Took The Front Door In (with Hamish Maxwell)
10 – Hide And Seek (with Hamish Maxwell)
11 – slow blues instrumental
12 – fast blues instrumental
13 – The Sheik Of Araby
14 – introduction of brass section
15 – fast instrumental (with brass)
16 – slow blues instrumental with brass (cut)
* tracks without Charlie Watts

As usual all the infos are taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf [nzentgraf.de].

This previously uncirculating recording was send by nzb who got it by the GRAS brothers.
It’s an audience tape; the sound is a little muddy and has serious recording noises. After several attempts I preferred not to add any high tones or use reduction. I only amplified the sound a little bit, particularly in the first tracks.
It seems the ripping of the original recording (a DAT tape) was made track by track, because the transitions between the songs were unsubtle (with gaps and repetitions), so I tried to upgrade without losing music and often the only solution was to fade in/out between the tracks.

StonyRoad September 2018
First post on IORR: [www.iorr.org]
link valid until 19/09/18
[we.tl]
next volume probably friday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-12 14:17 by StonyRoad.

Re: POST: Charlie Watts Sidesteps: THE ABC & D OF BOOGIE WOOGIE – Vol 01 04h September 2009: Eastleigh, England, the Concorde Club
Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 12, 2018 17:03

Thanks a lot StonyRoad for starting another one of your great series!

N

Re: POST: Charlie Watts Sidesteps: THE ABC & D OF BOOGIE WOOGIE – Vol 01 04h September 2009: Eastleigh, England, the Concorde Club
Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: September 12, 2018 17:28

Great..Looking forward to this....Thanx....I really hope this set will include the gig that had Detroits Bob Seely sitting(pun intended) in for Ben waters when Ben had some immigration issue...

Date: September 12, 2018 18:34

detroitken
Great..Looking forward to this....Thanx....I really hope this set will include the gig that had Detroits Bob Seely sitting(pun intended) in for Ben waters when Ben had some immigration issue...
at this time the series is previous to go until end of march 2012... around 17 volumes!
According to Nico Zentgraf site only one show from the NYC mini-tour is circulating (30/06/12 1st show)
so I cannot promise nothing

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: September 12, 2018 20:54

Thanks a lot!
CrazyMama

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: September 12, 2018 21:39

Thanks for this new series

Posted by: finn ()
Date: September 13, 2018 01:00

Thank You so much

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: September 13, 2018 07:36

Thanks

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 13, 2018 13:59

The master was in fact a midi disc. The player puts in track breaks if theres a moment of low volume and the recording level on the mic is a bit wonky. It was recorded front row middle and if my memory is right misses the last couple of songs unless AS sourced them from elsewhere (I think there is some video of these songs on youtube).
I also recorded the show at The Brook Southampton 17th March 2011 with the same equipment so I guess you'll be doing something with that too.

Date: September 13, 2018 19:30

The GR
The master was in fact a midi disc. The player puts in track breaks if theres a moment of low volume and the recording level on the mic is a bit wonky. It was recorded front row middle and if my memory is right misses the last couple of songs unless AS sourced them from elsewhere (I think there is some video of these songs on youtube).
I also recorded the show at The Brook Southampton 17th March 2011 with the same equipment so I guess you'll be doing something with that too.
great to be in touch with you... this give me the opportunity to thank you another time!
About the two last tracks I searched them on the net (YT) but they're not the missing ones, only a part of the end of the show already in your tapes.
I have also your 2nd recording (17/03/11) it will be the volume 7... I hope you will like it
cheers
Norbert

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 13, 2018 20:19

Thanks so much for this The A, B, C & D of Boogie Woogie-series, love this Charlie's sidestep!
Thanks Norbert, very much appreciated! smileys with beer

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: September 14, 2018 07:46

Thank you Norbert,Very kind thumbs up

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 14, 2018 13:35

Sorry StonyRoad but I'm not familiar with your work.
As with all GRAS productions all we ask is that its fan to fan and free.

Posted by: vasco73 ()
Date: September 29, 2018 14:59

there is some DVD record of these shows
From already thank you very much

smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 30, 2018 11:43

Also available in Stonesvault here [iorr.org]

Posted by: tekila ()
Date: October 8, 2018 15:27

Merci smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home