Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Off Topic: Spin cd's
Posted by: barney57 ()
Date: August 16, 2018 14:24

I have ordered a couple of cd's and dvd's from Spincds.com in England. I did receive some of the ordered items, but I am still waiting for a Nils Lofgren Box (ordered in 2016) and The Doors at the Isle of Wight (february 2018). I mailed them several times but no reaction. When I Phone them, I am on hold and then they disconnect me, because all lines are occupied.

Am I the only one with this experience or are there more complaints?

Greetings Frans van Barneveld

Re: Off Topic: Spin cd's
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 16, 2018 14:43

I had trouble with them; at one stage I thought they were insolvent, but they're not.

It's unfortunate though that they are inefficient, as, years' ago, they were a good company to get CDs from.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: August 16, 2018 14:43

I have had similar experiences when I waited 5 months for an Eagles before asking for a refund. I got the CD from Amazon within 48 hours!
My last order was for 4 items which again took about 4 months and they arrived after I had cancelled the payment through my credit card.
They seem nice enough people when you can actually speak to them but their claimed 'dispatch on the day of release' is b*llocks! I'm still on their mailing list but I have given up placing orders with this company and they are generally cheaper on Amazon anyway.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: August 16, 2018 16:21

The last two times I have pre-ordered from them, they have not been able to fulfil the orders. One time they didn't even realise the item had been released. I now won't buy from them unless something is listed as in stock.

syrel

Posted by: michpom ()
Date: August 23, 2018 10:23

The main problem with Spin cd's is that they advertise items that they do not have, and sometimes will never have...
Their site is just a place where to see what is going to be released, but certainly not a place where to buy. If they offer something that you do not see elsewhere, it it just that it does not exist (yet). But they sell it anyway...
After a bad experience I stopped buying from them.
A good way to solve a problem is to tell them you plan to buy a lot more items, but would like to clear things before.

Posted by: biggzee ()
Date: August 24, 2018 14:03

Take a look at the Steve Hoffman forum

Spin CDs

It's not a good read, I waited 5 months and numerous phone calls before he sent me Blue and Lonesome on vinyl!

Date: September 4, 2018 15:55

Nothing from their mailing list for about a week and their website seems inaccessible. Might have ceased trading?

Date: October 9, 2018 17:36

Just received this from Spin CDs

"The directors have taken steps to place the Company into Liquidation. We will be supported in this process by Baldwins Restructuring & Insolvency. Notice of the impending Liquidation of the Company has been provided to creditors and the Company will formally enter Liquidation with effect from 11.59pm on 15 October 2018.

We apologise to customers who have pre-paid for orders which have not been delivered. Where payments have been made by card, you should contact your card provider who may make a chargeback request under s75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We anticipate that card providers will require evidence that the Company has ceased to trade. Accordingly, a notice is available to download at [baldwins.insolvencynotices.co.uk]. In order to access the document please enter the code QS4787-24502 when prompted.

If any customer requires further information, they should email spinrecords@baldwinandco.co.uk . A response will be provided within 2 business days."

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 9, 2018 17:39

worst online store i know, finally after 3 months before the TSMR RSD Vinil was released they refund my money... was a nightmare.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: October 9, 2018 21:05

The directors have taken steps to place the Company into Liquidation. We will be supported in this process by Baldwins Restructuring & Insolvency. Notice of the impending Liquidation of the Company has been provided to creditors and the Company will formally enter Liquidation with effect from 11.59pm on 15 October 2018.

We apologise to customers who have pre-paid for orders which have not been delivered. Where payments have been made by card, you should contact your card provider who may make a chargeback request under s75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We anticipate that card providers will require evidence that the Company has ceased to trade. Accordingly, a notice is available to download at [baldwins.insolvencynotices.co.uk]. In order to access the document please enter the code QS4787-24502 when prompted.

If any customer requires further information, they should email spinrecords@baldwinandco.co.uk . A response will be provided within 2 business days.

Copyright © 2017 Spin Compact Discs, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website

Our mailing address is:
Spin Compact Discs
299a Whitley Road
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear NE26 2SN
United Kingdom|

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home