Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
Bird's Vault Volume 1&2
Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: July 18, 2018 15:09

I have read on the hotwacks.com site the review of two new bootlegs released by Outsider Bird Records. According to the review on "Bird's Vault Vol.1 & 2" there are new, previously unreleased outtakes.

Here is the list (Quoting Riccar99)
From Volume 1:

- Something I Want (Your Love) previously known as What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love is the 8 minute plus demo version for the first time available here, featuring both Jagger and Richards on lead vocals.

- Tie You Up (The Pain Of Love) that opens Side B is the 10.03 minutes early jam slower version with three guitars, an instrumental track available here for the first time.

- first version of Feel On Baby, 2 minutes long, available here for the first time, featuring Richards on lead vocals and Jagger on backing vocals.

From Volume 2:
- Miss You is the first version take, instrumental, available here for the first time.

- Tie You Up (The Pain Of Love) is version 2, another early jam (4 minutes) but faster than the one on Volume One, out for the first time here too.

- Wanna Hold You first version follows, where someone else seems to be on drums than Charlie Watts

- When You re Gone version one is also known as Red Eyes and was used by Ron Wood on his solo album 1,2,3,4 and is available here for the first time just like Little T&A (an instrumental version with pedal steel guitar by Ron Wood) and Just My Imagination second version, which although incomplete is the basic version for all subsequent takes. Jagger here can be heard singing Look out of my window and Out of the girls in New York, I love her true.

Can anyone confirm if there are new materials on these discs?

Bird's Vault Vol.1

Bird's Vault Vol.2

Re: Bird's Vault Volume 1&2
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: July 18, 2018 15:20

Vol.2 is already on Ebay - should be great stuff smileys with beer

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 18, 2018 15:49

Krzysztof

Can anyone confirm if there are new materials on these discs?

Yes OBR is a name you can trust. The music might not run precisely at the right speed but it'll be new material... minus the cuts that were already circulating (The Golden Mile Christine etc).

Logically "When you're gone" "Miss You" (instru) and " Just My Imagination" (different/early vocals) should be the same ones as the samples shared by Bkeys in Dec. 2014.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-18 18:01 by dcba.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 18, 2018 20:01

Pretty sure I have that Tie You Up 10 minute deal...

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 18, 2018 20:26

I got them offered for 85 Euro each, but I don't have and don't want to buy vinyl anymore. Let's hope for a Vinyl rip.

Date: July 19, 2018 12:35

dcba
Logically "When you're gone" "Miss You" (instru) and " Just My Imagination" (different/early vocals) should be the same ones as the samples shared by Bkeys in Dec. 2014.

I think so too.

It will be great to listen to new outtakes. Maybe DAC will release his version soon...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 19, 2018 13:47

Mick once mentioned a 22 minute outtake of 'Some girls'.......anybody know if this is available anywhere?

Date: July 19, 2018 15:05

EddieByword
Mick once mentioned a 22 minute outtake of 'Some girls'.......anybody know if this is available anywhere?

I also heard about this version, but unfortunately, it is not on any bootleg.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 19, 2018 15:17

Krzysztof
EddieByword

I also heard about this version, but unfortunately, it is not on any bootleg.

Ok, thanks.......smileys with beer

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: July 19, 2018 17:13

I remember reading in Bill German's Beggars Banquet about a long version of Dirty Work where MJ says "let some @#$%& do the dirty work" over & over,tho I've never heard it....yet....

Date: July 19, 2018 17:38

Date: July 19, 2018 17:42

so are this your copies or the one one's that were offered to you, midnrambler?

Date: July 19, 2018 17:43

no, not mine, this is what was offered to me

Date: July 19, 2018 20:53

midnrambler

20 years ago I wouldn't have spent a thought on NOT buying such items but nowadays 170 Euro seem to be way too much for 2 records - no matter how limited they are..

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 19, 2018 21:18

silkcut1978_
midnrambler

20 years ago I wouldn't have spent a thought on NOT buying such items but nowadays 170 Euro seem to be way too much for 2 records - no matter how limited they are..

Same here. Don't have the money for this.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: July 20, 2018 02:51

stonesmuziekfan
silkcut1978_
midnrambler

Same here. Don't have the money for this.
they are up now for eu39

Date: July 22, 2018 10:36

Herr Zentgraf has updated his site in accordance with this double release and we learn that:

- "Wanna Hold You first version" is in fact a 2nd take of the embryo of the song that was recorded during the UC pre-seesions. So the "Virchov tape" is longer than we thought.

- the two new versions of "Tie You Up" are actually titled "Show Me A Woman".

- the new early version of "Little T&A" was recorded during the SG sessions. Big surprise! So in 77/78 Keith penned "BTMMRun" "All About You" and "T&A".
He was really on a creative roll!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 22, 2018 16:14

Looking forward to this one.
Jeroen

Date: July 22, 2018 18:35

dcba
Herr Zentgraf has updated his site in accordance with this double release and we learn that:

- "Wanna Hold You first version" is in fact a 2nd take of the embryo of the song that was recorded during the UC pre-seesions. So the "Virchov tape" is longer than we thought.

- the two new versions of "Tie You Up" are actually titled "Show Me A Woman".

- the new early version of "Little T&A" was recorded during the SG sessions. Big surprise! So in 77/78 Keith penned "BTMMRun" "All About You" and "T&A".
He was really on a creative roll!

Thanks dcba, great information.
I wonder, what else the early sessions for UnderCover hide. They certainly worked on many ideas. I agree that "The Vichrov Tape" is much longer. Maybe in the future, we'll hear more.

Nico Zentgraf mentions that Something I Want, known as Your Love, has no information about which Riccar99 writes in his review that this song was previously known as What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love.

I am surprised that Keith worked on Little T & A during the session for Some Girls.

We had to wait for the rest of the material that he published in fragments bkeys. If I'm not mistaken, it remains to be published in its whole:

- Slave
- Munich Hilton (instrumental)
- Dirty Work (prototype - instrumental)
- All Mixed Up ? (instrumental)
- Feel on Baby (MJ/KR)- Mick echoey vocal
- The Pain of Love (MJ/KR) - "honey, honey, honey, honey" backing vox.
- Slave (second version?)
- Hang Fire
- Waiting On A Friend
- Blues
- Instrumental (MJ/KR) - sounds like a Wyman track from the 70s
- Lies

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-22 18:36 by Krzysztof.

Posted by: ReelStone ()
Date: July 23, 2018 00:17

A needledrop up for trade. If you really want it here and now. Trade with ReelStone.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 23, 2018 00:50

Needledrop , Please explain ?

Date: July 23, 2018 00:54

Tonstone

It's a straight transfer from the vinyl with no mastering done. In other words, ReelStone isn't removing pops and crackles if they're present.

Date: July 23, 2018 00:54

ReelStone
A needledrop up for trade. If you really want it here and now. Trade with ReelStone.

How's the quality?

Edit: Email sent, RS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-23 01:08 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 23, 2018 09:27

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Tonstone

It's a straight transfer from the vinyl with no mastering done. In other words, ReelStone isn't removing pops and crackles if they're present.

It's better to know the origin of the copy you got. Like that you know it's a vinyl copy transfert!

Date: July 23, 2018 10:37

Krzysztof

Thanks dcba, great information.

Don't thank me, go here [www.nzentgraf.de] it's the single best source of info about the band's sessions.
Regarding the "Virchov tape" aka "the Paris basement session" NZ mentions another new track "Gotta Know You". "Unverified" means it exists but it doesn't circulate yet. Maybe this year or in 2019?

Date: July 23, 2018 10:41

Some copies sold on eBay for around 60-70 Euro each. Maybe a chance it will show up here. Btw, it was always the same (well known) seller...

[www.ebay.de]

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-29 12:33 by midnrambler.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 23, 2018 11:00

midnrambler
ReelStone

This one deserves an appropriate answer at an appropriate time.

Yo, the show must go on!

Date: July 23, 2018 14:58

dcba
Regarding the "Virchov tape" aka "the Paris basement session" NZ mentions another new track "Gotta Know You". "Unverified" means it exists but it doesn't circulate yet. Maybe this year or in 2019?

Maybe someone has complete recordings from this session. Slowly, more songs appear in circulation.

Now, we got the second version of "I Wanna Hold You". Nico writes about another new song. I am happy that new materials from this session appear. For me, early sessions for UC are mysterious.

Perhaps OBR has these recordings in his hands and will soon share with them.
Maybe "Bird's Vault Vol.3" will appear...

The question is, whether the 'new' I Wanna Hold You is the continuation of The Vichrov Tape?

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: July 25, 2018 10:19

Any chance of digital availability?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 25, 2018 18:43

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Tonstone

Gotcha - makes sense- Thank you.BTMMR.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home