Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Prague July 4 2018 recording-Wetransfer link
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 5, 2018 19:44

Link Below.

I ran Schoeps MK41's dead center 25 feet from catwalk in FOS section and got a very nice capture of the show. Excellent crowd around me so not the usual talking and screaming. I am working on the files tonight and expect to post it before I leave for Roger Waters tomorrow.

I have two requests. First no remasters posted. I really don't need any one claiming credit for my efforts and pissing in the trading by pushing a few dials around.

Second.I will be posting never expire Wetransfer links so no need to post to FileFactory a quasi-pay site.

[we.tl]

The Rolling Stones
Letnany Airport
Prague, Czech Republic
July 4, 2018

Recorded by Daspyknows Section FOS Dead Center 25 feet behind catwalk
Schoeps MK41/BabyNBox Tascam DR-2D 24 Bit 48K

Processed using Soundforge 11, resample, to 16bit 44.1K
TLH to convert to Flac

Master 2018.61

01. Intro
02. Street Fighting Man
03. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
04. Tumbling Dice
05. Ride 'Em on Down
06. Under My Thumb
07. Like a Rolling Stone
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want
09. Paint it Black
10. Honky Tonk Women
11. Band Intros
12. You Got the Silver
13. Before They Make Me Run
14. Sympathy for the Devil
15. Midnight Rambler
16. Miss You
17. Start Me Up
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar
20. Crowd
Encore:
21. Gimme Shelter
22. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

The Rolling Stones in Prague is the first stop on my latest international adventure. I had
never been to Prague and when the Stones tour was announced this was the only one that fit
my schedule. Back in 1990 we were touring Europe after Grateful Dead tour.and planned on
Prague but Bush Sr. also planned to be there. I still remember the discussion which went
"We don't like being in the same city as him in the U.S. why would we do it in Europe" so
we went from Budapest to Salzburg Austria instead. My trip started on the redeye from SF
to NY after working 27 out of 28 days. No sleep on that flight, connected to London and got
maybe an hour. I cleared customs, met my friend at the flat we have in London, packed for 2
days and off to bed at midnight. We got up early, caught our flight to Prague and the fun
began. On a taper's board I had connected up with a local taper who lived outside Prague
who offered to show us around his city Shortly after checking in to our Airbnb Kuba arrived
at our flat. We talked taping a bit then we went out to retrieve our wristbands for the
show at the Vodaphone shops. Glad we did it early as we heard it was a nightmare for some.
With that out of the way we proceeded to see the sites in Prague and sample the local beers
and food. Lots of walking that I later regretted as my feet were paying the price, but an
day nonetheless. We went to see the national cathedral and it had walkthrough and wand
security. With that in mind I decided which gear to use the next day. After many beers we
finally called it a night.

Woke up the next morning, I got everything ready for the show then off siteseeing some more.
We had lunch at the Staropramen Brewery and a bit more walking. Went back to the flat,
picked up the gear and called Uber. We were picked up my a cute driver who looked like
she had her dress painted on. She spoke no English so she didn't understand we wanted the
concert venue entrance and took us to the wrong side. We were dropped off and had to walk
at least a mile in the heat to the entrance. Finally we arrive at security. The big thing
was no plastic bottles and RFID wristbands. I get gear, oranges, water and some food in because
the security guy wants my empty water bottle. Fair trade to me. I got set up and bought water.
Only sold in plastic cups so was worried about hydration. Found my spot dead center about
25 feet from the catwalk and set'ttled in. I wasnt sure about taping the openers but the taper
in me took over. The first act was a Swiss Heavy Metal band called Gotthard. Not my thing
but I got it done. Next was a local band Prazsky Vyber that people were into. They are a Czech
punk band. Not really my thing but I wasn't there to see them either. The crowd filled in but
I had plenty of space.

Finally, the intro I was waiting for "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones". They open with
Street Fighting Man and I notice the sound is not so good but through the song the sound guy
gets it cleaned up and by the end it is dialed in. The crowd is great, no talkers or screamers
around me. The first few songs were fun but for me the show really seemed to hit its stride
with Under My Thumb and Like a Rolling Stone. I remember texting a friend back home in disbelief
I was seeing the Rolling Stones in Prague, how cool is that? Mick spoke a bit in Czech, waiting
for translations. I thought You Can't Always Get What You Want and Paint It Black was exceptional.
This was not a band ready to retire, they really had it going. We got the band intros which was
fun and then KIeith's songs. Sympathy For The Devil through Miss You had some great solos which
showcased the talent in the band. At this point Mick's voice started to go so the rest of the band
held things together. Jumpin Jach Flash and Brown Sugar brought it home. The Gimme Shelter and
Satisfaction encore was well played aGot topnd Mick made it through. Got to give them credit,
doing this as well as they are after over 50 years.

After the show was a nightmare. We made it out of the venue and tried to meet our friend. The
subway was packed so and we couldn't meet up. In the process of taking off my gear I must have
lost a cable which I later realized. Forunately I brought 2 rigs with me. We finally resorted
to Uber which was not a good move. Due to surge pricing it was a $90 ride (3 times the trip to
the venue) and after waiting this isiot shows up in a tiny car blasting gangsta rap and volumes
louder than the concert. He got mad when I asked him to turn it down and got really mad when I
knocked his plastic ashtray with my foot as I tried to get settled. The drive was a combination
of running read lights, passing on the left on two lane city roads and accelerating to over twice
the speed limit. We thought we were going to die. He then stopped a block from our destination
and we got out. He started threatening us and trying to get money for his ashtray. He followed
us up and dsown the street screaming. Finally we got away and contacted Uber. I will be
contacting the corporate office when I get home. Kuba finally made it back and we got food and
beers to end a great trip to Prague.

Just the basic taper requests here and please no vitriol:
Don't be an ass by selling this or using it in a video that is sold
Don't modify the info file
Don't remaster and/or post on other sites that are not 100% free
If shared keep info file intact but create a second file with any changes
Don't convert to lossy formats except for personal use
Do support the artists

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 11:54 by daspyknows.

Re: Prague July 4 2018 recording
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 5, 2018 19:48

thank you!!!

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: July 5, 2018 19:57

Un grand merci

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2018 20:07

Sounds good ! Oddly no one (yet?) has "remastered" my Marseille recording ;-)
Out of curiosity what was the other gear you said you would have used if you hadn't been worried about getting it in ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 5, 2018 20:07

Thank you. I really look forward to this bootleg although I do not usually download them. Because I was on this show and it was great. I did not use my phone for photo much and neither for the audio because I wanted to concentrate on the show.
No problem to download from wetrasnfer.
I will not upload or do remaster.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 5, 2018 20:16

Daspyknows tapes = quality recordings!

Thx in advance for "covering" Praha! thumbs up

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: July 5, 2018 20:42

Thank You

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: July 5, 2018 20:51

Many thanks, whan I read "daspyknows", I know it's gonna be a great recording.
U2, Neil Young, the Stones!
Cheers
Hervé

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: July 5, 2018 20:59

daspyknows
I am working on the files tonight and expect to post it before I leave for Roger Waters tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to record and share your recording with us all. Greatly appreciated. It's going to be a great Stones weekend smiling smiley

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 5, 2018 21:00

hj3009
Many thanks, whan I read "daspyknows", I know it's gonna be a great recording.
U2, Neil Young, the Stones!
Cheers
Hervé

Me too thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 5, 2018 23:31

gotdablouse
Sounds good ! Oddly no one (yet?) has "remastered" my Marseille recording ;-)
Out of curiosity what was the other gear you said you would have used if you hadn't been worried about getting it in ?

I ran the babynbox which is smaller, plastic but is just a battery box. This means using the recorder's pre-amp which isn't quite as good. Most people can't hear the difference but its there. The low profile rig I can get in anywhere and is meant for tight security where I only have one chance.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 6, 2018 05:33

Many Thanks!

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 08:50

Thanks for this one. Too bad you didn´t tape Stuttgart, lol.

I guess we see the advantage of an open field recording compared to Stadiums on this one, beside the fact that you use Schoeps.
Not that I complain about Stadiums, still lightyears better than closed roof Arenas.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 09:24 by falo01.

Re: Prague July 4 2018 recording-Wetransfer link
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:00

daspyknows
I will be posting never expire Wetransfer links so no need to post to FileFactory.
[we.tl]

Your wish is my command!
Thanks for sharing with us.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:17

Many Thanks for sharing.thumbs up

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:28

I will follow their rules.
Thanks for the exchange !!!

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:35

Thanks for share with us

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:46

Thank you!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:55

thumbs up Thanks a lot for taping & sharing.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 13:11

Man, this recording sounds absolutely fantastic! What a nice souvenir from that great show. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 6, 2018 13:15

daspyknows

Recorded by Daspyknows Section FOS Dead Center 25 feet behind catwalk
Schoeps MK41/BabyNBox Tascam DR-2D 24 Bit 48K

Is there a chance to upload also the 48kHz/24bit file (un-splitted)?

Posted by: armin944 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 13:27

Thanks!

Posted by: legin ()
Date: July 6, 2018 14:06

Many thanks for recording and sharing !!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: July 6, 2018 15:12

Thanks a lot!
CrazyMama

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: July 6, 2018 15:14

Thank You

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: July 6, 2018 15:14

Thank You...

Posted by: Shattered78 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 15:16

Thank you!!!

Posted by: Wolfgang ()
Date: July 6, 2018 15:57

Many thanks ..it was a great show

Date: July 6, 2018 15:59

Thank you very much great work. For sure I will follow your rules.

Great.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: July 6, 2018 16:41

Thanks very much!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home