Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Empress Valley announce THEIR IEMs.
Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: June 29, 2018 22:02

As reported here: Collectors Music Reviews but then, for one of my favourite Rolling Stones sites, Here too

Re: Empress Valley announce THEIR IEMs.
Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: June 30, 2018 00:06

FTC and MR sound pretty good !
Good news.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: June 30, 2018 00:44

The London clips sound good!

I wonder if they have more shows from this tour too.
Would love Southampton and Cardiff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 00:46 by mikehat.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 30, 2018 12:58

Wow, that sounds excellent! They should play this more often.

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: June 30, 2018 14:04

Excellent sound!!!
It is a soundboard recording ???

Date: June 30, 2018 16:08

Nope, it’s an IEM recording. Unmixed with the audience recording as of yet and a rougher mx than what will come out.

Date: June 30, 2018 17:50

sandandglue
Nope, it’s an IEM recording. Unmixed with the audience recording as of yet and a rougher mx than what will come out.

Ok... thanks sandangle... sorry I dont know what a IEM recording is.. but is a very good recording... it seems soundboard..

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 30, 2018 18:02

O2
sandandglue

Ok... thanks sandangle... sorry I dont know what a IEM recording is.. but is a very good recording... it seems soundboard..

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 30, 2018 18:17

O2

The beauty of IEM recordings is you don't even need to buy a ticket to tape the show. You can stay outside the stadium on the parking lot with a scanner in hand. grinning smiley

Date: June 30, 2018 18:17

Thanks Quique.. very interested.. and do you know how is recorded?? how the signal is taking?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 30, 2018 19:07

No exactly, but you can find some articles in Internet
[www.prosoundweb.com]
[fieldliverecording.blogspot.com]

Date: June 30, 2018 19:15

Quique-stone
No exactly, but you can find some articles in Internet
[www.prosoundweb.com]
[fieldliverecording.blogspot.com]

ok.. thanks Quique and dcba..for information

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 3, 2018 01:19

Is there information what concerts Empress Valley is releasing and are there any differents from the Xavel releases?

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: July 3, 2018 08:57

Can't wait to get ahold of these

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: July 3, 2018 18:23

Hopefully by July 14th!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2018 19:26

dcba
O2

The beauty of IEM recordings is you don't even need to buy a ticket to tape the show. You can stay outside the stadium on the parking lot with a scanner in hand. grinning smiley

Can't be that easy though given how scarce they are. London seems to be a favorable spot since we also got IEMs for both O2 shows in 2012 ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 5, 2018 04:48

gotdablouse
dcba
O2

Can't be that easy though given how scarce they are. London seems to be a favorable spot since we also got IEMs for both O2 shows in 2012 ;-)

It's definitely not that easy. First, you need to know the correct channel(s) if you want to capture the show from the very start (start scanning during the opening number is not a good idea!). Plus there are different signals with different mixes for individual musicians, so the task is to find the best/most suitable one or even better be prepared to record all available signals/channels. Then you need a decent audience recording to supplement the "dry" IEM signals...then mix everything into today's brilliant stereo...and there you go!

Posted by: capnmarvel ()
Date: July 5, 2018 17:00

Just to add a little to this conversation -

IEM signals are an individual soundboard mix that is mixed specifically for a given musician's desires, and sent to their own in-ear monitors (IEMs). These replaced the old stage monitor Since, theoretically anyway, only that individual performer is intended to hear their IEM mix, it usually overemphasizes certain instruments/sounds that they feel are important to hear while they perform. Oftentimes, this means their own instrument/microphone signal is mixed higher than the others, the drums are pretty loud, maybe the bass, etc. Mick's signal might be very heavy on the vocals, for instance, and may contain relatively little of the bass, guitar, keyboard, or horn section signal. Being wireless signals, with the right equipment and some insider info on the signal frequency (or a very good guess), anyone within range can tune in.

Typically, this means that a single IEM signal is not that fun to listen to on its own, at least for those listeners who are interested in hearing a well-mixed version of the entire band's performance. In fact, in some cases (e.g., the latter-day Grateful Dead's IEM mixes, imho) it can be a little disheartening to hear how little one musician cares to hear the other musicians around them! However, if you have a good selection of these IEM signals, you can use them to create a pretty fantastic multi-track soundboard mix of the performance and, if you add in a nice audience recording for atmosphere, can be used to create BRILLIANT concert recordings.

EDIT: misplaced quote mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-05 17:14 by capnmarvel.

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: July 25, 2018 21:18

A clear separatly stereo recording.
We can hear Keith and Ron playing together.
not the first time for us, sure, but most recents.

Wonderful !

I was in Warsaw, and the show without great surprises was really intense. But impossible to hear so good as this two's extracts.

thanks to Andrea82 to share these with us !
I'm impatient now smiling smiley

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 26, 2018 16:08

I bet Empress Valley is waiting to copy Xavel's recordings, do you think they might have seperate shows of their own?

Date: July 26, 2018 17:34

Mr.D
I bet Empress Valley is waiting to copy Xavel's recordings

Then it'll be war in the streets of Shibuya. There'll be blood! grinning smiley

Date: July 26, 2018 21:49

They're definitely different tapes. I hear that EV are due to announce soon .. Best to get accustomed to the Xavel versions first then we'll hear what their friends have to offer.

Date: July 26, 2018 22:33

Maybe they will add audience to the iem source, a matrix. Otherwise what's the point of them. Maybe they have other gigs?

Date: July 27, 2018 00:17

They should probably add an audience source in with theirs. The Xavel one sounds great but it's pretty dry and the guitars are low so an audience source would make it even better.

Date: July 27, 2018 01:22

Yes, I hate to say it and after the exciting wait for the Xavel recordings, they need something more. The guitars are low and Mick is too high in the mix. It's been an exciting listen I don't know if I would return to them much. Hopefully EVSD will make this right. We need a good document of this tour I feel it was really something special.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 27, 2018 14:06

frankotero
Yes, I hate to say it and after the exciting wait for the Xavel recordings, they need something more. The guitars are low and Mick is too high in the mix. It's been an exciting listen I don't know if I would return to them much. Hopefully EVSD will make this right. We need a good document of this tour I feel it was really something special.

will do this anyway for the london shows and I may also mix it for midimanz's videos if he wants to update them.

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: July 27, 2018 14:12

yes the first London has vocals too high and guitars too low. sounds like an old dry soundboard led zep from 1973.

Date: July 27, 2018 15:14

Great news Falo, you do good work. I always look forward to your projects. Cheers!

Date: July 27, 2018 15:36

frankotero
The guitars are low and Mick is too high in the mix.

Maybe the Xavel crew tried a different mix (Mick low, Keef high) and found the result disappointing musically speaking... winking smiley
A polite way to say Mick's the driving force onstage nowadays, not Keef...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-27 15:57 by dcba.

Posted by: spidey39 ()
Date: July 27, 2018 15:45

does anybody know where to download empress valley IEM

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home