Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wild Horses with strings
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 21, 2018 12:54

Does anybody know anything about this recording?

Re: Wild Horses with strings
Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:28

If I remember correctly, the recording of "Wild Horses" with strings was mentioned a few years ago by a well known engineer who was working either on the 2 CD deluxe version of Sticky Fingers or the soundtrack for Crossfire Hurricane. He commented that he came across a variety of outtakes in his search for possible tracks to include in the release. He mentioned only the existence of the track and his surprise at finding it. No mention was made of the length of the track, when it was recorded or how it may have sounded in comparison to the released track.

I am going to venture a guess that when Paul Buckmaster was called in to add strings to "Moonlight Mile" and "Sway" he was also asked to add strings to this song. For whatever reason, it was not acceptable and not used.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:03

Interesting, don't remember that at all, did he mention other unknown versions/songs ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 22, 2018 21:32

I honestly don't remember.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: May 25, 2018 18:59

There is a recording of Jagger singing Angie backed by the London Philamonic Orchestra I think. Is that what you’re thinking of. Its only Jagger no music by the band. Dont know the year it was recorded.

Date: May 25, 2018 22:41

Kingbeebuzz
There is a recording of Jagger singing Angie backed by the London Philamonic Orchestra I think. Is that what you’re thinking of. Its only Jagger no music by the band. Dont know the year it was recorded.

1994. It's an interesting cover album, Symphonic Music of the Rolling Stones backed by the London Symphonic Orchestra.

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 03:15

So, of course, the Wild Horses-with-strings did not make the cut for the Sticky Fingers special edition...

We'll be dead, and the Guardian will do a piece on it, with YouTube clip. And its audience will be?...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-26 03:18 by andrews27.

Date: May 26, 2018 19:59

heaven knows...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 26, 2018 20:31

gotdablouse
Interesting, don't remember that at all, did he mention other unknown versions/songs ?

No, definitely not. Wild Horses with a string quartet was the only track mentioned by title. It was mentioned in connection with "going through all the orginal session tapes, hours and hours and hours of them", how exciting this experience was, discovering "interesting stuff", amongst it "a version of Wild Horses with a string quartet". At least that's how I remember that interview.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 26, 2018 23:50

retired_dog
gotdablouse

No, definitely not. Wild Horses with a string quartet was the only track mentioned by title. It was mentioned in connection with "going through all the orginal session tapes, hours and hours and hours of them", how exciting this experience was, discovering "interesting stuff", amongst it "a version of Wild Horses with a string quartet". At least that's how I remember that interview.

I remember the same, Don Was going through the session tapes and told he found this version there.

Date: May 28, 2018 12:09

Yes. It's a version with a string quartet. A mate played it to me but has been sworn not to let the recording go unfortunately.

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: May 29, 2018 03:37

Silver Dagger
Yes. It's a version with a string quartet. A mate played it to me but has been sworn not to let the recording go unfortunately.

Same vocal track or different?

Date: May 31, 2018 17:35

andrews27
Silver Dagger

Same vocal track or different?

Different version altogether.

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 22:37

Silver Dagger

Maybe we'll get it on a deluxe edition of Sticky...

oh, never mind sad smiley

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:03

Silver Dagger

Now that the Wild Horses with strings was (briefly) available in today's copyright dump, maybe you're friend will give us the FLACs!

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: January 2, 2020 02:57

ChrisL
Silver Dagger

Now that the Wild Horses with strings was (briefly) available in today's copyright dump, maybe you're friend will give us the FLACs!

This is the one you're looking for, I guess ..

Wild Horses (with strings and glass harmonica)
[mega.nz]

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: January 2, 2020 03:46

Thanks

Date: January 2, 2020 12:58

axl79
ChrisL
Silver Dagger

[mega.nz]

Many thanks for this.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 4, 2020 21:52

axl79
ChrisL
Silver Dagger

[mega.nz]

Thanks Axel!

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: January 6, 2020 17:09

To be honest, I don't see a big difference between the .WAV (above) and the .MP3 (below):

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 6, 2020 17:33

joguema
To be honest, I don't see a big difference between the .WAV (above) and the .MP3 (below)

that's because it's a lossy file to begin with (youtube). Then converted to wav.

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: January 6, 2020 17:35

I was of the opinion that Axl had shared the lossless version.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 6, 2020 17:37

That's impossible for Axl to do I'm afraid

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home