Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glasgow 1990. Thank you Tonstone
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 6, 2018 22:22

I recently discovered the recording you shared in the stonesvault. Great recording
and a terrific version of Midnight Rambler indeed.

The 1989/1990 shows are getting (even) better in the years gone by for me.
Solid performances by the band.

Thank you Tonstone (and the taper of course!)

Re: Glasgow 1990. Thank you Tonstone
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 6, 2018 23:27

Glad you liked it, funny enough I was boxing up some Reel cassettes into my attic yesterday and had the Glasgow tapes in my hand. I was looking at the tape boxes with their primitive artwork and thinking I never Imagined that in 28 years time they would still be playing a gig in Scotland. Agree I thought they played well in those tours.

For those who missed the post long time ago :- Here is Glasgow July 9th 1990.

[wetransfer.com]

Link valid until 14th May.

Artwork & story included.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-07 09:36 by Tonstone.

Date: May 6, 2018 23:33

Great to have a photo of your cassettes and the story how you got them a week after the concert. Makes the listening experience even more fun.

Date: May 7, 2018 01:09

Tons of users on IORR like Tonstone, rsKinno, HEILOOBAAS, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many others, have given us a considerable amount of 'lost' or rare shows over the years... all while requesting nothing in return!

Date: May 7, 2018 01:13

Yeah, that's exactly how it was. A Special day with my late brother, I grew up as kid listening to my older brothers playing Stones & Motown LP's in a crammed bedroom , with no way to escape the sounds from the old Dansette record player and Album sleeves pinned to the wall.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-07 07:42 by Tonstone.

Date: May 7, 2018 01:25

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Tons of users on IORR like Tonstone, rsKinno, HEILOOBAAS, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many others, have given us a considerable amount of 'lost' or rare shows over the years... all while requesting nothing in return!

That's a nice post BTMMR. I have always been thankful of others who post here. and appreciate those who give up their time to do so. And as you rightly do so commend other posters who seek nothing in return other than pass on Music by the Greatest Rock n Roll band In the World. The Guy's you mention and a lot more make this place special to pass on music. There will be more to follow... Without Prejudice...

IF YOU CAN'T ROCK US NOBODY WILL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-07 08:22 by Tonstone.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 7, 2018 08:14

I have 2 sources of Glasgow,better might be from you Tonstone,another one i got in a trade around mid 1990ies.It has some sound problems in the beginning.

Date: May 7, 2018 09:44

marko
I have 2 sources of Glasgow,better might be from you Tonstone,another one i got in a trade around mid 1990ies.It has some sound problems in the beginning.

Hi Marko, yes they might have originated from me. The tapes from the master had a very muffled sound during the Continental Drift intro. I replaced the unlistenable intro, with the intro from my Cardiff tapes when transferring to CD. I would have traded the original tapes as they where, prior to doing so.

Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: May 7, 2018 16:17

barbabang
I recently discovered the recording you shared in the stonesvault. Great recording

Is this a soundboard recording?

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: May 7, 2018 17:01

barbabang

That's right. The Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle tour was great.
It was my first time seeing The Stones at the opnening nignt in Rotterdam 1990.
For me one of the most surprissing songs was 2000 Light Years From Home.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 7, 2018 17:14

Tonstone
marko

Hi Marko, yes they might have originated from me. The tapes from the master had a very muffled sound during the Continental Drift intro. I replaced the unlistenable intro, with the intro from my Cardiff tapes when transferring to CD. I would have traded the original tapes as they where, prior to doing so.

Hi Tonstone, are your Cardiff tapes in Stones vault?........(I have one version which is quite good but possible upgrades are always welcome...........thanks, Eddie

Date: May 7, 2018 17:59

EddieByword
Tonstone
marko

Hi Tonstone, are your Cardiff tapes in Stones vault?........(I have one version which is quite good but possible upgrades are always welcome...........thanks, Eddie

Hi Eddie I don't think so, I seem to remember it being a good quality recording at the time. I think I made a cdr copy of them. Let me check and get back to you.

Date: May 7, 2018 18:59

Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
marko

Hi Eddie I don't think so, I seem to remember it being a good quality recording at the time. I think I made a cdr copy of them. Let me check and get back to you.

Ok, thanks.............smileys with beer

Date: May 7, 2018 19:49

Martijnstone
barbabang

No Martijn, but a very fine audience recording, and a lot of crowd noises but that's part of the experience.

Date: May 7, 2018 20:09

EddieByword
Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
marko

Ok Eddie, whilst browsing in my attic I found 2 Recordings from Cardiff 1990.One I think is from my tapes - the other is labelled 'Welsh Dragon Slayers Caerdydd 1990. Will listen tonight to the both of them. Also found a clutch of 1990 recordings from - Cologne - Berlin - Frankfurt & Madrid. plus 2 nights in Manchester & a Newcastle 1990 in CDR sleeves marked transferred from my tapes. Anyway one at a time...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-07 20:11 by Tonstone.

Date: May 7, 2018 20:33

barbabang
Martijnstone
barbabang

No Martijn, but a very fine audience recording, and a lot of crowd noises but that's part of the experience.

This is a "I was there recording" recorded amongst rowdy native Glaswegians in total awe of being there - If you can pick up the lingo - Not a soundboard by any means but a band and fans in sync enjoying the moment in concert.

Date: May 7, 2018 21:47

Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
marko

Ok Eddie, whilst browsing in my attic I found 2 Recordings from Cardiff 1990.One I think is from my tapes - the other is labelled 'Welsh Dragon Slayers Caerdydd 1990. Will listen tonight to the both of them. Also found a clutch of 1990 recordings from - Cologne - Berlin - Frankfurt & Madrid. plus 2 nights in Manchester & a Newcastle 1990 in CDR sleeves marked transferred from my tapes. Anyway one at a time...

ok, great stuff......thanks....it's been 28 years so no rush........grinning smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 7, 2018 23:21

Thanks for the story and your 1st gen.

Date: May 8, 2018 00:39

EddieByword
Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
marko

ok, great stuff......thanks....it's been 28 years so no rush........grinning smiley

Eddie Just finished comparing these two CDR shows, They seem to be the exact same though one seems more up front. Funny thing they start right on the intro of Start me Up. slightly low recording until around 2.39 mins in then sound becomes cleaner. A slight flaw in the tapes around the 30 second mark of Sad Sad Sad on both so I am confident these are the same source with one probably a lower generation recording than the other. One thing bugging me that I can't check just now is that I noted on my Glasgow recording that Continental Drift was from Cardiff. The only other recording I have are my cassette tapes, which I can't listen to just now as I don't have a cassette player. These maybe a different source. If you are able to record from cassette I am willing to send you my tapes and a copy CDR of the recording I have. If interested to do so send me an email to tonstone@ymail.com. Otherwise let me know if you wan't me just to upload my CDR's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-08 00:42 by Tonstone.

Date: May 8, 2018 02:04

Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
EddieByword
Tonstone
marko

Eddie Just finished comparing these two CDR shows, They seem to be the exact same though one seems more up front. Funny thing they start right on the intro of Start me Up. slightly low recording until around 2.39 mins in then sound becomes cleaner. A slight flaw in the tapes around the 30 second mark of Sad Sad Sad on both so I am confident these are the same source with one probably a lower generation recording than the other. One thing bugging me that I can't check just now is that I noted on my Glasgow recording that Continental Drift was from Cardiff. The only other recording I have are my cassette tapes, which I can't listen to just now as I don't have a cassette player. These maybe a different source. If you are able to record from cassette I am willing to send you my tapes and a copy CDR of the recording I have. If interested to do so send me an email to tonstone@ymail.com. Otherwise let me know if you wan't me just to upload my CDR's

Cheers Tonstone....check your emails..........smileys with beer

Date: May 8, 2018 04:09

What shows you´re missing from 89-90,mostly from 1990? I wil not do complete tour,but i could post some shows.

Date: May 8, 2018 04:43

marko
What shows you´re missing from 89-90,mostly from 1990? I wil not do complete tour,but i could post some shows.

Hi Marko.........I remember you are a big Neil Young fan.........would you by any chance have a soundboard recording of 'Like an Inca'?

Also, I know he played it a lot in 1982 and a couple of years ago in Pomona, CA 2016-10-12 with Promise of the Real (26 minutes) .........but any other tours/shows you know of?

Thanks.........smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-08 04:44 by EddieByword.

Date: May 8, 2018 17:38

Not anynore Neil young fan,i changed them to The Who! I have zero Neil young bootleg left smiling smiley

Date: May 8, 2018 17:43

marko
Not anynore Neil young fan,i changed them to The Who! I have zero Neil young bootleg left smiling smiley

grinning smiley ...ok cheers Marko........lucky I got them off you before when I could.....thanks for the reply.........smileys with beer

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: May 12, 2018 02:00

Thanks

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: May 16, 2018 05:42

Grrrrr !!! Has someone the time to reup this one ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home